Things that make you sad.

Anything!

Re: Things that make you sad.

Postby cennals05 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:24 pm

HH3 wrote:
bennymacca wrote:Women get snatched off of well lit streets too.

And during the daytime.

Just going out of the house is a calculated risk

Are you suggesting we keep them locked up in the house?

But Cennals says thats where most of rape and murders occur.

I'm torn.

Statistically it is where most violence against women occurs and it's by people they know. One in six women have experienced sexual violence or physical assault by a cohabiting partner since the age of 15. Men are more likely to experience violence from strangers and in a public place; women are most likely to know the perpetrator (often their current or a previous partner) and the violence usually takes place in their home. (Family Domestic and Sexual Violence in Australia, 2018).

So maybe men should be locked up at home and women left to roam the streets, that will keep both sexes safe.
cennals05
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 146 times
Been liked: 248 times

Postby The Bedge » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:25 pm

What will you both be teaching your children as they grow up? I suspect it'll be the same message about staying safe - how they use those messages is another story.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Booney » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:28 pm

Corona Man wrote:This is not a knock at the girl who was assaulted and murdered last week at Princess Park. Women 'should" be able to walk wherever and whenever they choose. However the reality is sadly different to that. As a society we can educate all we want, there will sadly always be a part of our communities who just don't give a ****, and put no value on another persons life.

This.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:30 pm

cennals05 wrote:
Statistically it is where most violence against women occurs and it's by people they know. One in six women have experienced sexual violence or physical assault by a cohabiting partner since the age of 15. Men are more likely to experience violence from strangers and in a public place; women are most likely to know the perpetrator (often their current or a previous partner) and the violence usually takes place in their home. (Family Domestic and Sexual Violence in Australia, 2018).

So maybe men should be locked up at home and women left to roam the streets, that will keep both sexes safe.

Fair to say that women are at home for 95% of the time during the night time time hours therefore increasing the possibility of something bad occurring there, it is a moot debate, futhermore displayed with your last line about the perpetrator, the partner is very unlikely to go for a walk to assault their partner one would think.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby cennals05 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:37 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
cennals05 wrote:

Fair to say that women are at home for 95% of the time during the night time time hours therefore increasing the possibility of something bad occurring there, it is a moot debate, futhermore displayed with your last line about the perpetrator, the partner is very unlikely to go for a walk to assault their partner one would think.

My whole point is that women are more likely to be victims of violence by someone they know, not a stranger in the park. Therefore why aren't we talking about this? We can take all the precautions we like when out in public places but it doesn't help us if it's our partner that is most likely to rape and kill us. What precautions do you suppose we take in our own homes to keep ourselves safe?
cennals05
League Bench Warmer

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:39 pm

cennals05 wrote:My whole point is that women are more likely to be victims of violence by someone they know, not a stranger in the park. Therefore why aren't we talking about this? We can take all the precautions we like when out in public places but it doesn't help us if it's our partner that is most likely to rape and kill us. What precautions do you suppose we take in our own homes to keep ourselves safe?

If that was on the news recently I'm sure we would be.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Q. » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:40 pm

Someone close to me was raped by someone who wouldn't take no for an answer.

The inference that only 'psychopaths' do bad things falsely assumes many things. Fact is, ordinary blokes sexually assault women. Ordinary blokes commit domestic violence. Ordinary blokes king hit other blokes.

It's up to the rest of us ordinary blokes to create cultural change. Stopping at saying 'be cautious' is lazy.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby cennals05 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:41 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
cennals05 wrote:My whole point is that women are more likely to be victims of violence by someone they know, not a stranger in the park. Therefore why aren't we talking about this? We can take all the precautions we like when out in public places but it doesn't help us if it's our partner that is most likely to rape and kill us. What precautions do you suppose we take in our own homes to keep ourselves safe?

If that was on the news recently I'm sure we would be.

It's on the news all the bloody time. One woman a week is killed by a current or past partner.
cennals05
League Bench Warmer

Postby Booney » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:47 pm

Q. wrote:Someone close to me was raped by someone who wouldn't take no for an answer.

The inference that only 'psychopaths' do bad things falsely assumes many things. Fact is, ordinary blokes sexually assault women. Ordinary blokes commit domestic violence. Ordinary blokes king hit other blokes.

It's up to the rest of us ordinary blokes to create cultural change. Stopping at saying 'be cautious' is lazy.

I don't think you're an ordinary bloke if you commit any of those crimes. Not at all.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:50 pm

MW wrote:
The Bedge wrote:safooty.net just isn't the same without morell - this makes me sad.

#FreeMorell

Something tells me he won't be back

There wouldn’t be a person on here who hasn’t disagreed or argued with Morrell buts thats what made his post so good.
This site is far less enjoyable in his absence.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby bennymacca » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:52 pm

Booney wrote:
Q. wrote:Someone close to me was raped by someone who wouldn't take no for an answer.

I don't think you're an ordinary bloke if you commit any of those crimes. Not at all.

I agree but I would also hazard a guess that we would each know someone who has done something like this and we would be none the wiser
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby am Bays » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:54 pm

Booney wrote:

I was just logging on to post something similar.

Please do not call them: males, men, "blokes" or any other synonym associated with the x and y chromosome.

Individuals who do those things are not worthy of such a title or moniker. They are utter scum. The Dog turd I trod in on Sunday whilst in the park with my kids and nephews has more moral fibre than those useless lifeforms

As old "Cranky Franky" used to say at the IHL warehouse on Deeds Rd North Plympton back in the day, "Bring back the Lash!"
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:59 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
There wouldn’t be a person on here who hasn’t disagreed or argued with Morrell buts thats what made his post so good.

Yep, love him or hate him he adds something to the place without being insulting or derogatory.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:06 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:

Yep, love him or hate him he adds something to the place without being insulting or derogatory.

Agree.
There are a lot of good people on here but very similar with their thoughts(probably because we are 40+ year old, beer drinking, footy followers) but Morrell offered a point of difference.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:17 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
Agree.
There are a lot of good people on here but very similar with their thoughts(probably because we are 40+ year old, beer drinking, footy followers) but Morrell offered a point of difference.

I enjoy most of the banter on here, there's some ego's that need a reality check though that leave me shaking my head thinking "is this dude for real?"

I think there's a fair circle of blokes of the same sort of ilk that would have an absolute laugh together in a bar over a few beers, it's sort of like a morning Ralph, morning Sam thing logging on each day.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:25 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
Agree.

I enjoy most of the banter on here, there's some ego's that need a reality check though that leave me shaking my head thinking "is this dude for real?"

I think there's a fair circle of blokes of the same sort of ilk that would have an absolute laugh together in a bar over a few beers, it's sort of like a morning Ralph, morning Sam thing logging on each day.

Night Ralph.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:28 pm

Booney wrote:Night Ralph.

Night Sam
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:31 pm

I'm off home! Another productive day of safooty work complete. See you all in the morning.

safooty working week.JPG
safooty working week.JPG (31.01 KiB) Viewed 1456 times

p.s. #FreeMorell
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Q. » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:47 pm

Booney wrote:

You're kinda missing the point - these aren't Martin Bryant's.

I know someone who was constantly sexually harassed by members of Executive Management of a notable financial firm. These are ordinary blokes who go home to their families, who you might work with, who might be your neighbour etc etc.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:09 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
Agree.

Well, yes, I am for real. Dont strain your neck when you shake your head next time at my ego. :D
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion