Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Anything!

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:59 pm

Booney wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:
Booney wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:@Booney should be all over this forum after his pub crawl last week

Art gallery and museum mate. ;)

Art and Museum in red

Your movements in blue

You missed 3 places.

Isn’t Stormy’s closed these days?
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Spargo » Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:05 pm

Booney wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:
Booney wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:@Booney should be all over this forum after his pub crawl last week

Art gallery and museum mate. ;)

Art and Museum in red

Your movements in blue

You missed 3 places.

Ease up, Brick Ears :lol:
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5456 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby The Bedge » Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:54 am

Fasta Pasta South Tce.

Linguine Marinara, main size, $20 odd roughly.

Was surprised it came out so quickly (within 5min) given the number of people in the store - we had a fair few of the footy lads come.

Came out looked ugly. Pasta appeared dry and there was this dollop of red sauce splashed on top to the side with a couple pieces of overcooked seafood thrown on top of that.

Whatever, looks aren't everything, so started to mix it around. Pasta was cold and clumped together as though it had been cooked and left to sit in the bottom of a pan. The sauce was gross. Cold, watery, tasted genuinely like tomato sauce. I tried my best to mix the pasta through the sauce, thinking it might coat and not be as runny, but it was horrid! Then as I moved the pasta around I realised there was actually two sauces - on the back half under the pasta was an ugly brown coloured sauce.

Genuinely tasted like an invention my kids would come up with - just basic pasta with tomato sauce on top. No care, no effort, no taste.. not even hot!

Seafood was gross.

Ate maybe half a dozen mouthfuls trying to endure (shit I spent money on it, I wanna eat!) in the end gave up and walked out... as leaving noticed plenty other plates on tables also left half eaten.

Guts churned all the way home, several visits to the toilet office when i was home, and haven't eaten anything today yet.

0/10 - never ever again.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:57 am

The Bedge wrote:Fasta Pasta South Tce.

Was surprised it came out so quickly (within 5min) given the number of people in the store - we had a fair few of the footy lads come.

Came out looked ugly. Pasta appeared dry and there was this dollop of red sauce splashed on top to the side with a couple pieces of overcooked seafood thrown on top of that.

Whatever, looks aren't everything, so started to mix it around. Pasta was cold and clumped together as though it had been cooked and left to sit in the bottom of a pan. The sauce was gross. Cold, watery, tasted genuinely like tomato sauce. I tried my best to mix the pasta through the sauce, thinking it might coat and not be as runny, but it was horrid! Then as I moved the pasta around I realised there was actually two sauces - on the back half under the pasta was an ugly brown coloured sauce.

Genuinely tasted like an invention my kids would come up with - just basic pasta with tomato sauce on top. No care, no effort, no taste.. not even hot!

Seafood was gross.

Ate maybe half a dozen mouthfuls trying to endure (shit I spent money on it, I wanna eat!) in the end gave up and walked out... as leaving noticed plenty other plates on tables also left half eaten.

Guts churned all the way home, several visits to the toilet office when i was home, and haven't eaten anything today yet.

0/10 - never ever again.

Went to Fasta Pasta 20+ years ago once, I'm in no rush to go back, thank you for confirming my thoughts.

For the price of a meal there I could make my own that would taste 100 times better and it would give me lunches for the week.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Eagles2014 » Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:05 am

Seafood was gross.

0/10 - never ever again.

Surely would have to make complaint, then get money back?? Would not be able to bite my tongue and not say anything!
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 524 times

Postby Wedgie » Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:11 am

Seafood was gross.

0/10 - never ever again.

Ha ha I know the manager, went on a cruise with him a couple of years back, haven't seen him for a while but I'll pass on your review next time I see him! :lol:
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:19 am

Eagles2014 wrote:

Seafood was gross.

0/10 - never ever again.

Surely would have to make complaint, then get money back?? Would not be able to bite my tongue and not say anything!

Tipped upside down on the nice white tiled floor should've given it away.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby am Bays » Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:19 am

We tried Fasta Pasta South Tce back in early May this year (finals supper before heading back North)

Now it wasnt the best pasta I've ever eaten but for the bride and I, The Ravioli Milanese and the Tortellini Alla panna went down a treat.

I'll go back

solid 5/10
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby amber_fluid » Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:57 pm

am Bays wrote:We tried Fasta Pasta South Tce back in early May this year (finals supper before heading back North)

Now it wasnt the best pasta I've ever eaten but for the bride and I, The Ravioli Milanese and the Tortellini Alla panna went down a treat.

I'll go back

solid 5/10

The one at Brighton goes alright.
I’m a regular there.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:07 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
am Bays wrote:We tried Fasta Pasta South Tce back in early May this year (finals supper before heading back North)

I'll go back

solid 5/10

I’m a regular there.
Fasta pasta Beach Rd is OK as well.

However we found morphett vale pizza and pasta and found they are just a fraction better value.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3581 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:13 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:

I'll go back

solid 5/10

I’m a regular there.

However we found morphett vale pizza and pasta and found they are just a fraction better value.

Is the Marion "all you can eat" Pizza Hut still operational?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:23 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:

I'll go back

solid 5/10

I’m a regular there.

I think so.... I remember going in there on a Friday night when a gas line leaked on brighton/Lonsdale hwy and traffic was horrendous, banked up for miles. That was probably close to 8yrs or so ago

mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:37 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:I think so.... I remember going in there on a Friday night when a gas line leaked on brighton/Lonsdale hwy and traffic was horrendous, banked up for miles. That was probably close to 8yrs or so ago

Yeah, I took the kids there the other week, in about 2018 I reckon.
Last edited by Lightning McQueen on Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Pseudo » Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:42 pm

amber_fluid wrote:

I'll go back

solid 5/10

I’m a regular there.

Had home delivery from that very outlet just last night.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Pseudo » Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:44 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:

I'll go back

solid 5/10

I’m a regular there.

Still open and trading but I suspect the serve-yourself food bars aren't operational in today's COVID climate.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:06 pm

Pseudo wrote:Still open and trading but I suspect the serve-yourself food bars aren't operational in today's COVID climate.

Yep, just checked out their FB page, they have the buffet's manned now so customers aren't hovering over everything.

That's gonna be a bit embarrassing and judgmental.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby DOC » Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:19 pm

Villeroy Norwood

Small menu (small restaurant) but would have eaten all of it.

Entree Chicken and duck pate.

Absolutely first class pate. Smooooth and flavorsome.

Mains

Hers Chilli prawn linguine. Cooked perfectly. Beautifully cooked home made pasta with "enough prawns" to satisfy a hungry eater. Pasta sauce had great depth of flavor in part due to it being "flambed" with a rich prawn and chili oil.

Mine. Duck Bolognese short pasta. No kidding the richest sauce I have had with a pasta ever. Great duck flavor and the pasta was fantastic. Sauce had benefited from a long slow cook and with just a touch of parmesan was top notch.

Desert. Only a choice of two. So we had both.

Brioche bread and butter pudding. Great. Lemon meringue. If you like lemon deserts then you will know what I mean. After rich courses before this was the perfect ending.

Wine. Rockford Rifle Range Cab Sav. Went with everything.

Bill $200

Small place that could/would lack atmosphere if not many there but it was fine the night we went. 50% capacity is making it tough. Service was fine.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby Psyber » Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:32 pm

Odd day for me yesterday as I'm not much into dining out...

Lunch at Damien on Fisher with my University graduating year in Medicine - I had not seen some of them in years.
Dinner at the Naval and Military Club as a guest of my sister-in-law who was being installed as President of her local Rotary group.

Of the two I enjoyed the food most at lunch - nice Salt and Pepper Chicken with a glass of Pinot Gris.
That at the N and M was multi-course and more complex, and I don't like mixed flavours much, but the Champagne provided was nice.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 389 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby gazzamagoo » Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:55 pm

Seafood was gross.

0/10 - never ever again.

You're used to visiting that building, aren't you? :D :D
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1656 times
Been liked: 643 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:05 pm

Stay tuned....

mighty_tiger_79
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion