Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Anything!

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Postby JK » Mon May 16, 2022 12:08 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:Had to try and whack some food in the stomach to soak up a massive night so we went to the Pretoria Hotel in Mannum yesterday.

I don't usually order a schnitty but everyone else was and I really just wanted to eat so there was no point in getting my customary steak.

All 6 of us were served within 10 minutes, all at the same time and the chicken schnitty with pepper sauce was high quality, I'm not a chip person but their chips got cleaned up in no time aswell, it helped that they weren't scabby with the gravy.

To top it off, lucky I have two eyes as they had the Bathurst race going on one big screen and the footy on the other one, both directly ahead from where I was sitting.

Most of the group stayed up there last night, I had the miserable drive home cursing myself.

From the sound of things probably should be thankful you survived the weekend bud ;)
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 16, 2022 12:31 pm

JK wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Had to try and whack some food in the stomach to soak up a massive night so we went to the Pretoria Hotel in Mannum yesterday.

I don't usually order a schnitty but everyone else was and I really just wanted to eat so there was no point in getting my customary steak.

All 6 of us were served within 10 minutes, all at the same time and the chicken schnitty with pepper sauce was high quality, I'm not a chip person but their chips got cleaned up in no time aswell, it helped that they weren't scabby with the gravy.

To top it off, lucky I have two eyes as they had the Bathurst race going on one big screen and the footy on the other one, both directly ahead from where I was sitting.

Most of the group stayed up there last night, I had the miserable drive home cursing myself.

From the sound of things probably should be thankful you survived the weekend bud ;)

F****** crazy scenes, had to wrestle a f****** huge monster!!!!
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby whufc » Mon May 16, 2022 12:50 pm

Not so much a restaurant or pub but if you ever get the chance to eat from the sooki la la food van its an absolute must. Asian cuisine, limited menu but everything is top shelf quality. Its not your usual 'van' food.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby gazzamagoo » Mon May 23, 2022 1:26 pm

Dropped in on an old fave of mine yesterday, The Mount Mary, the new owners have got this pace pumping!
I might have to forgive him for re-arranging the interior!
The food is so bloody good, all 4 of us were raving & then the Pavlova for dessert was the bomb!
If you're out that way, do drop in!
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1656 times
Been liked: 643 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby am Bays » Mon May 23, 2022 1:39 pm

gazzamagoo wrote:Dropped in on an old fave of mine yesterday, The Mount Mary,

Reads like an opening line to a Two Ronnies sketch or a Blackadder episode ;)
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby Dutchy » Tue May 31, 2022 11:21 pm

A week full of lunches this week, today at the Republic, pretty solid, tomorrow at Mawson Lakes Hotel & Thursday Greenock Hotel any feedback on these?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:10 am

Dutchy wrote:A week full of lunches this week, today at the Republic, pretty solid, tomorrow at Mawson Lakes Hotel & Thursday Greenock Hotel any feedback on these?

Mawson's have a huge array of schnitty toppings, they are massive too. Used to have a very nice warm beef thai salad too.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby jo172 » Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:58 am

The Greenock is brilliant.

Recommend their local pie (albeit you'll need a nap afterwards)
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:03 am

jo172 wrote:The Greenock is brilliant.

Their pulled beef brisket pizza goes alright too, hopefully the weather is half decent and you can sit outdoors, pretty pokey inside but a great country feel pub.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:22 pm

Mawson Lakes - Mawson Burger - 7.5/10 standard pub burger
Greenock - Lamb Shank - 9/10 highly recommend, rate the Greenock Dark Ale also
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:02 am

Went to the Palace Nova last night to watch the Elvis movie so thought we'd hit Café Di Roma up for dinner beforehand.

This place just doesn't disappoint, tried the marinara and their granchio & gambero dishes with gnocchi and penne respectively, both were top notch, the G&G sauce though was a better flavour and would go the spaghetti or ravioli with it instead next run. I usually go the meatballs but dared to be different this time.

The servings are massive, the two dishes, a Corona and a Pepperjacks Shiraz came to a tad under $64, and BTW, they actually fill the glass up with their wines, none of this to the line bullshit.

I thoroughly recommend dropping in if you're ever in the area, probably gonna take the lad there tonight.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Vamos » Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:21 pm

jo172 wrote:The Greenock is brilliant.

Went there a few months back while we were in the region, was keen on the pie but unfortunately they just sold out, damn!
Whoops, there goes another year. Whoops, there goes another pint of beer.
Vamos
League - Top 5

Has liked: 344 times
Been liked: 450 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby The Bedge » Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:31 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:Went to the Palace Nova last night to watch the Elvis movie so thought we'd hit Café Di Roma up for dinner beforehand.

This place just doesn't disappoint, tried the marinara and their granchio & gambero dishes with gnocchi and penne respectively, both were top notch, the G&G sauce though was a better flavour and would go the spaghetti or ravioli with it instead next run. I usually go the meatballs but dared to be different this time.

The servings are massive, the two dishes, a Corona and a Pepperjacks Shiraz came to a tad under $64, and BTW, they actually fill the glass up with their wines, none of this to the line bullshit.

I thoroughly recommend dropping in if you're ever in the area, probably gonna take the lad there tonight.

Brilliant, Mrs birthday on Monday and i'm going away for work, so was thinking of doing something Sunday night - this is local so win/win!
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby JohnnyDog » Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:51 pm

Guys has any one eaten at Marinello John St Salisbury first time there the other night had a schnitty $21 man what a monster covered the whole plate ate about 3/4 i think great value.
JohnnyDog

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury North

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:59 am

The Bedge wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Went to the Palace Nova last night to watch the Elvis movie so thought we'd hit Café Di Roma up for dinner beforehand.

Brilliant, Mrs birthday on Monday and i'm going away for work, so was thinking of doing something Sunday night - this is local so win/win!

And?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:28 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:And?

Sadly couldn't go, couldn't get a babysitter for the kids and didnt want to take them along haha!
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:23 am

Went to Sneakys on Saturday night.

I thought their range was a bit restricted, you couldn't buy a steak or a schnitty but I reckon out of the 8 of us, there were no double ups in choices.

I got the slow cooked pork belly, it was a lot bigger than I anticipated, all of the dishes were quite sizey and no one complained about their dish at all.

The ribs looked plentiful, a chicken dish went down well and all of the pasta-like dishes had healthy portions.

If there were negatives it was that there were no bread rolls given out, minimal vegetables with the dishes and they charged $6 each for the 3 bottles of water they placed on the table that no one drank.

$464 for 8 people and a few drinks each, was expecting it to touch $600.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Eagles2014 » Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:09 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:Went to Sneakys on Saturday night.

I thought their range was a bit restricted, you couldn't buy a steak or a schnitty but I reckon out of the 8 of us, there were no double ups in choices.

I got the slow cooked pork belly, it was a lot bigger than I anticipated, all of the dishes were quite sizey and no one complained about their dish at all.

The ribs looked plentiful, a chicken dish went down well and all of the pasta-like dishes had healthy portions.

If there were negatives it was that there were no bread rolls given out, minimal vegetables with the dishes and they charged $6 each for the 3 bottles of water they placed on the table that no one drank.

Never heard of that water charge before - is that a thing these days?? Would have struggled to accept that :shock:
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 524 times

Postby Jim05 » Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:26 am

Visited Lot 10 Cucina again on the weekend and usually visit a couple of times per month. Great home cooked Italian food and fantastic service always. Only fairly small family owned but can get get quite loud on a Saturday especially with a few big tables. The owners are the type who will come and have a chat and have even given us drinks on the house whilst sitting and having a chat. The homemade Gnocchi is superb and each week they have different desert specials made by Nonna. On the weekend gone it was a chocolate mud cake which was superb and the owner came over with a bottle of liqueur and drizzled it over the top
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby DOC » Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:02 pm

Eagles2014 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Went to Sneakys on Saturday night.

Never heard of that water charge before - is that a thing these days?? Would have struggled to accept that :shock:

They can charge for water, but, if licensed, free tap water must be available.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion