Black listed companies

Anything!

Re: Black listed companies

Postby Brodlach » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:31 am

I rate the Rewards system, $90 off my shopping this week
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4207 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:42 am

Brodlach wrote:I rate the Rewards system, $90 off my shopping this week

I used to swear by them, they stuffed my points up a few times and the last time they didn't rectify them, I've noticed some big deals being presented but they can GGF.
We're getting a healthy flybuys balance now and they don't automatically redeem so it will come in handy around Christmas time.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Brodlach » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:45 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Brodlach wrote:I rate the Rewards system, $90 off my shopping this week

I used to swear by them, they stuffed my points up a few times and the last time they didn't rectify them, I've noticed some big deals being presented but they can GGF.
We're getting a healthy flybuys balance now and they don't automatically redeem so it will come in handy around Christmas time.

You can do the same at WW, keep all points until Christmas. We shop there so it’s just an added bonus for us
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:48 am

Brodlach wrote:You can do the same at WW, keep all points until Christmas. We shop there so it’s just an added bonus for us

Oh, I thought they just took it off your next shop when you reached 2000, I used to have a good system going with it and wine from BWS.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Keefy » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:28 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Brodlach wrote:You can do the same at WW, keep all points until Christmas. We shop there so it’s just an added bonus for us

Oh, I thought they just took it off your next shop when you reached 2000, I used to have a good system going with it and wine from BWS.

You actually have to log in to your WW Rewards account and select what you want to do with your points.
Keefy
League - Best 21

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 181 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby bennymacca » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:36 am

I’ve just got a credit card that gives me 1 qantas point per dollar spent. Woolies rewards works out to about 0.2 per $1 I think so I don’t bother
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Brodlach » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:47 am

bennymacca wrote:I’ve just got a credit card that gives me 1 qantas point per dollar spent. Woolies rewards works out to about 0.2 per $1 I think so I don’t bother

You could do both ;)
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:51 am

Brodlach wrote:
bennymacca wrote:I’ve just got a credit card that gives me 1 qantas point per dollar spent. Woolies rewards works out to about 0.2 per $1 I think so I don’t bother

You could do both ;)

Yeah, that's what the old girl does.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Trader » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:04 am

2000 Woolworths points convert to 870 Qantas FF points.

So if you use the CC and then the Woolworths card at the same time, you should get 2870 Qantas points per $2,000 spent.

Sure, 0.435 points per dollar doesn't seem great for the Woolies card alone, its not bad for simply swiping.

The main benefit I get from the woolies card is the promotions, not the base points.
If you accept emails from them, they send you out bonus offers.
At the moment I've got one that is spend $30 a week and get 2000 points (total, not bonus, I was hoping it would give me 2,030 haha). It runs for 3 consecutive weeks.

So I'll get 2,610 Qantas points (via woolies) for a $90 spend this month, plus another 90 points from spending on the Credit Card.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:12 am

Trader wrote:

So if you use the CC and then the Woolworths card at the same time, you should get 2870 Qantas points per $2,000 spent.

Sure, 0.435 points per dollar doesn't seem great for the Woolies card alone, its not bad for simply swiping.

The main benefit I get from the woolies card is the promotions, not the base points.
At the moment I've got one that is spend $30 a week and get 2000 points (total, not bonus, I was hoping it would give me 2,030 haha). It runs for 3 consecutive weeks.

So I'll get 2,610 Qantas points (via woolies) for a $90 spend this month, plus another 90 points from spending on the Credit Card.

The flybuys deal ATM is spend $50 for 4 weeks in a row and get 10,000 points ($50), also had a flash deal last week where if you spent the $50 Wed, Thurs or Friday you got an additional 1000 points.

I did quite well with the Rewards card and was super pissed when they didn't acknowledge the last deal that I activated, We'd spend over $20K per year at Woolies and they stuffed me around with like $20 worth of points.

The wife was rapt, she was always a Coles/flybuys person but I wouldn't budge, she was right in the end.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:13 pm

Earn and churn on credit cards is the best way to get stacks of Qantas or Virgin FF points. Plenty of credit cards are offering 100,000 plus points when joining if a minimum spend is obtained ( usually over 3 months ) You then can cancel the card after your points have been credited and then simply move on to the next one. Have just picked up 200,000 points in the last 6 months and should have another 120,000 credited within the next month. That will easily get me a business class return ticket to Europe with Emirates. Both Qantas and Virgin also run decent promos to switch to their health insurance or other insurances where you can earn decent points
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby heater31 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:30 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Trader wrote:

The flybuys deal ATM is spend $50 for 4 weeks in a row and get 10,000 points ($50), also had a flash deal last week where if you spent the $50 Wed, Thurs or Friday you got an additional 1000 points.

I did quite well with the Rewards card and was super pissed when they didn't acknowledge the last deal that I activated, We'd spend over $20K per year at Woolies and they stuffed me around with like $20 worth of points.

The wife was rapt, she was always a Coles/flybuys person but I wouldn't budge, she was right in the end.
Well that explains why Woolworths are thowing around points willy nilly......I've got the same deal as Trader going plus others. I tend to just activate and if I hit the target then happy days.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby bennymacca » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:34 pm

Jim05 wrote:

Earn and churn on credit cards is the best way to get stacks of Qantas or Virgin FF points. Plenty of credit cards are offering 100,000 plus points when joining if a minimum spend is obtained ( usually over 3 months ) You then can cancel the card after your points have been credited and then simply move on to the next one. Have just picked up 200,000 points in the last 6 months and should have another 120,000 credited within the next month. That will easily get me a business class return ticket to Europe with Emirates. Both Qantas and Virgin also run decent promos to switch to their health insurance or other insurances where you can earn decent points

Yep that’s what I do. Currently got the ANZ black Frequent flyer which is $0 in the first year with 75k bonus points. Currently have about 150k points.

Waiting for the Amex to offer 100k again, they do it periodically but currently it’s 55k

That card is $450 but you get $450 in travel credit.

And will likely also get the qantas MasterCard for $150 or whatever it is once the anz gets close to a year
bennymacca
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:34 pm

Flybuys is virgin not qantas correct?
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:46 pm

bennymacca wrote:Flybuys is virgin not qantas correct?

Yeah mate.

Adelaide to Melbourne around 60,000 points currently, depending on what time of course.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:21 pm

10% off this Saturday for Woolies workers, up from the usual 5% off. I better start drawing up a shopping list!

Last time I shopped at Woolies last week I bought over $40 worth of stuff and it cost me $12.
Used to shop at Coles when I lived at Prospect as it was the closest and the same shopping basket would have cost me $50.
Where I am now Coles is still closer but Brickworks Woolies isn't far and is a great shopping centre so go there, even before I was employed by them and got my discounts card.

Not a fan of rewards schemes (feels a bit desperate, feel same about Ent books, etc) but get on the Woolies one auto when using the staff card.
The savings have been incredible since I got it in February. 5% off plus rewards plus savings on items I buy plus extra offers weekly is massive!
We quite often get groceries delivered and still make massive savings on if we'd shop elsewhere and do it manually.

I wonder how long I'd be entitled to discounts if I moved employers? Its one thing I hadn't considered but perhaps should!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2021 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:36 pm

Wedgie wrote:10% off this Saturday for Woolies workers, up from the usual 5% off. I better start drawing up a shopping list!

Last time I shopped at Woolies last week I bought over $40 worth of stuff and it cost me $12.
Used to shop at Coles when I lived at Prospect as it was the closest and the same shopping basket would have cost me $50.
Where I am now Coles is still closer but Brickworks Woolies isn't far and is a great shopping centre so go there, even before I was employed by them and got my discounts card.

Not a fan of rewards schemes (feels a bit desperate, feel same about Ent books, etc) but get on the Woolies one auto when using the staff card.
The savings have been incredible since I got it in February. 5% off plus rewards plus savings on items I buy plus extra offers weekly is massive!
We quite often get groceries delivered and still make massive savings on if we'd shop elsewhere and do it manually.

I wonder how long I'd be entitled to discounts if I moved employers? Its one thing I hadn't considered but perhaps should!

The Brickworks Woolies is a great place, clean, big and open plan.

Apart form your staff card it probably wouldn't benefit you too much due to your limited shopping and not drinking much at home, they need a Coopers pint rewards card ;)
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:38 pm

Wedgie wrote:10% off this Saturday for Woolies workers, up from the usual 5% off. I better start drawing up a shopping list!

Did you edit your percentage?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:40 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Did you edit your percentage?

Not with you but I didn't edit my post if that's what you're asking?
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Wedgie » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:45 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

The Brickworks Woolies is a great place, clean, big and open plan.

Apart form your staff card it probably wouldn't benefit you too much due to your limited shopping and not drinking much at home, they need a Coopers pint rewards card ;)

Yeah that'd be nice, actually had one last year which meant I only paid $5 a pint inside and outside of hapoy hours but my local has nothing on offer now since a few too many took advantage of it.

My fridge at home actuall breeds beer! Keep winning them or getting given them.
Even if I did drink a lot at home Woolies/BWS have a poor relationship with Coopers so theres no savings there.
I'd probably go to Dan Murphys which is my two closest liquor stores but don't like the setups there and despite being owned by Woolies they don't do discounts.
Might have a look at First Choice next time I'm walking by but they traditionally were quite dear on things.
Wedgie
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion