Bali Nine - is the death penalty justice?

Anything!

Re: Bali Nine - is the death penalty justice?

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:13 pm

"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2401 times

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:20 pm

Did i hear somewhere that they freed another Bali bomber yesterday too?
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:21 pm

Footy Chick wrote:Did i hear somewhere that they freed another Bali bomber yesterday too?

they didn't free her. She has a stay of execution... New evidence has presented it self..
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Coach Bombay » Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:33 pm

The death penalty can never be excused as it allows a state a means by which it can pick and choose who is fit to live and who isnt
Coach Bombay
League - Top 5

Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 142 times

Postby valleys07 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:43 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:Did i hear somewhere that they freed another Bali bomber yesterday too?

they didn't free her. She has a stay of execution... New evidence has presented it self..

She wasn't convicted of participation in the Bali Bombings, though- she was an (at the time), convicted drug mule.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1169 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:38 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:

I said Bali bomber - not drug mule.

You know...one of the guys that blew up all our guys and lots of other guys :roll:

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:07 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:

I said Bali bomber - not drug mule.

You know...one of the guys that blew up all our guys and lots of other guys :roll:

mis read your comment. they did, cut his sentence in half...
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:27 pm

just to rub our faces in it no doubt.

Footy Chick

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:42 pm

Footy Chick wrote:just to rub our faces in it no doubt.

this happened a few months ago...
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:26 pm

I think people are getting confused with some chick that got a last minute pardon apparently and someone that got let out early from their part of the Bali bombing or the Bali 9.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby fisho mcspaz » Fri May 01, 2015 9:32 pm

My two cents.

Stayed up the night of the executions - I didn't know there was a vigil in the CBD or I'd have gone to it. Anyway, there was no way I could sleep so I lit a couple of candles. Thought I was an atheist but I prayed a bit, for what it was worth. I was transfixed in horror by the news updates coming out of Cilacap.

I think that Andrew, Myu and the rest didn't have a chance from the beginning of the Widodo regime. I have probably written this before, but Joko Widodo comes from a small-town background and he has very little foreign affairs experience. Furthermore, he is very much under the thumb of his patron (and former president of Indonesia) Megawati Sukarnoputri. She has chastised him publicly on several occasions; he is unable to stand up to her, but he cannot rule without her. She insisted that these people be executed and basically said 'What's the matter with you? Why is this taking so long? Are you going to cave in to foreign pressure?' The only reason Widodo was chosen as his party's presidential candidate was because Megawati, who wanted to run again, is so unpopular with the people. But she is the power behind the throne, and she's a corrupt motherf***ing bitch. Excuse me - I'm running out of patience to write diplomatically. Mercy is not high on her agenda, nor is rehabilitation within the prison system.

But I don't hold her to account for the executions. The responsibility rests solely with Joko Widodo. Who chose to stay out of sight behind the palace walls in Jakarta, while attorney-general HM Prasetyo was given a free hand to make the preparations for the executions as disorganised, disrespectful and traumatic as possible for the families of the condemned. Which he did, and then had the audacity to publicly announce, in a self-congratulatory statement, that the executions were a 'complete success'.

Ten years in Kerobokan, to end like this.

In the aftermath, what disturbs me is a plethora of racist comments, threats of violence, calls to arms against Indonesia. A real lynch-mob mentality. The Indonesian people aren't to blame for what happened. They may have voted Joko Widodo into office, but they cannot control his actions. I hope fervently that this s*** dies down. Ideally, the ultimate message for people take out of these brutal executions should be one of hope rather than of hatred, and an increased push to abolish the death penalty in all countries.
Hey Goose, ya big stud! Take me to bed or lose me for ever.
fisho mcspaz
League - Top 5

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 111 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Bully » Sun May 03, 2015 10:41 am

Now the stories are coming out lol

A woman in the courier mail has come out today saying "she was Andrew Chans secret wife"

bet she is waiting for the TV stations to come knocking for her "story" ......
Bully
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 120 times

Postby Arch44 » Thu May 14, 2015 5:08 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:I think people are getting confused with some chick that got a last minute pardon apparently and someone that got let out early from their part of the Bali bombing or the Bali 9.

Yep correct. The chick that got a pardon was innocent all a long and the one that set her up came forward right at the end. That's how I read it any way.
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby stan » Fri May 15, 2015 8:13 am

The decision was a political one in the end. Widodo could not be seen to bow down to Australia as it would make him look weak.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby am Bays » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:49 am

am Bays wrote:
Leaping Lindner wrote:
Q. wrote:Actually, it probably goes toward their genocidal campaign in West Papua.

No!!! Next you'll be saying they killed 200,000 plus during their occupation of East Timor...... :evil:

Which is still less than the deaths that occur due to drug smuggling scum like those two idiots?

At least two innocent people died in Australia last night due to drug addictions, yet there is no who ha over there deaths yet all we hear about are two criminals. Hopefully their deaths were painfull and they suffered.

Hypocritical much???

And four people died in Darwin last night because of drugs peddling scum.

Still cant believe people have empathy for drug smugglers and peddlers
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1809 times

Previous

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion