The Characters of SAFooty

Anything!

Re: The Characters of SAFooty

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:56 am

carey wrote:

In the front so I can control the radio!

Gold, I always jump in the front with my can of Jacks already open and another in the pocket.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby MagicKiwi » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:36 pm

therisingblues wrote:Haven't seen Kiwi about for a while.

ATTANTION: THERI
First time I've logged on in I can't remember when. Always thought you and I did a fine job of hosting the tipping that year. :D
Red (and White)
Red (Backs)
All (Blacks)
MagicKiwi
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby DOC » Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:36 pm

I do miss the non football threads between RedandBlack and Jimmy041.

The Sleeping Giant was/is genuinely funny and knowledgable.

Holden 78 is in a class of his own.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 729 times
Been liked: 2083 times

Postby therisingblues » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:36 pm

MagicKiwi wrote:

ATTANTION: THERI
First time I've logged on in I can't remember when. Always thought you and I did a fine job of hosting the tipping that year. :D

Gudday there Kiwi.
That takes me back. I think that competition had real potential to take off, but I had problems coping with the limelight, and the price of stardom was eventually too high. That one year was it's peak and I had to call it a day. ;)
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby ORDoubleBlues » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:41 pm

Coorong is a notable omission, especially since Westies won the flag.
The Drebin v Sturtpeter saga was a good one to follow. Drebs would get so worked up, meanwhile SP would quite innocently be protesting the fact that Sturt really is the best at whatever it is he was saying they were good at.
I love some of Failed Creation's Avatars. And of course Blacky's (previous) avatar deserves to be in the SAFooty hall of Fame.
Smithy was a good one for posting untrustworthy links. Click on them at your own peril. But he disappeared, as many others did, witht he advent of AFL reserves. Actually, a heap of Sturt supporters just stopped posting when the Ravens, Powders entered: ZipZap, Purch, Shanghaied, ORDoubleBlues, Rhino, Barto, Lesthemechanic, Mr66, and Godoubleblues, just off the top of my head, and Csbowes just posts an annual synopsis of the season just past now.
There are still a few of us Sturt folk about, like Jimmy, Gadj, Cambridge Clarrie and Heater, but even their output has diminished.

Late Reply but I can assure you that my lack of posting has nothing to do with AFL involvement in the SANFL. It doesn't bother me because for every positive Port and Crows have at this level, there is always something that drags them back to the field. Don't have shits either, just the way it is
R.I.P. Patrice Lumumba 1925 - 1961
ORDoubleBlues
League - Top 5

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: Macclesfield

Postby johntheclaret » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:10 pm

ORDoubleBlues wrote:
Coorong is a notable omission, especially since Westies won the flag.
The Drebin v Sturtpeter saga was a good one to follow. Drebs would get so worked up, meanwhile SP would quite innocently be protesting the fact that Sturt really is the best at whatever it is he was saying they were good at.
I love some of Failed Creation's Avatars. And of course Blacky's (previous) avatar deserves to be in the SAFooty hall of Fame.
Smithy was a good one for posting untrustworthy links. Click on them at your own peril. But he disappeared, as many others did, witht he advent of AFL reserves. Actually, a heap of Sturt supporters just stopped posting when the Ravens, Powders entered: ZipZap, Purch, Shanghaied, ORDoubleBlues, Rhino, Barto, Lesthemechanic, Mr66, and Godoubleblues, just off the top of my head, and Csbowes just posts an annual synopsis of the season just past now.
There are still a few of us Sturt folk about, like Jimmy, Gadj, Cambridge Clarrie and Heater, but even their output has diminished.

Late Reply but I can assure you that my lack of posting has nothing to do with AFL involvement in the SANFL. It doesn't bother me because for every positive Port and Crows have at this level, there is always something that drags them back to the field. Don't have shits either, just the way it is

:D 2 1/2 years, your internet must be slower than mine :lol:
Reminds me of the bloke who found a snail on his doorstep and threw it over his neighbours wall. 3 weeks later there was a knock on his door and when he opened it the snail said “what did you do that for”.
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Previous

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion