Marriage equality.

Anything!

Re: Marriage equality.

Postby tipper » Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:42 pm

JK wrote:
tipper wrote:
bennymacca wrote:Inside word - how does two other people affect you personally?

it offends his imaginary friend. the same all powerful, all knowing, infallible imaginary friend that created all of us, including gay people. you would think that if God was all powerful, and he created gay people, that he meant them to be gay? and that it would therefore be ok for them to be married?

We're kinda here telling people to respect others choices, so making light of people's religious beliefs would fit that same mould wouldn't it?

Can't have it both ways (so to speak).

i agree, but religious believers already get it both ways. they get their belief, and they get to force the rest of us to live by their beliefs. when their imaginary friend no longer has any impact on society as a whole, ill stop making fun of it.
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby Q. » Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:43 pm

Can't tell if this bloke is trolling or is actually that much of a ******* moron.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:44 pm

inside word wrote:I don't hate gay people, don't like the choice they've made, but that doesn't mean I have to support something I don't believe in. I'm not someone who abuses these people in public, but just because I don't agree with it, don't tell me I'm wrong!

but you'll happily tell a minority they are wrong with their "choices"?
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3028 times
Been liked: 2404 times

Postby tipper » Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:44 pm

inside word wrote:I don't hate gay people, don't like the choice they've made, but that doesn't mean I have to support something I don't believe in. I'm not someone who abuses these people in public, but just because I don't agree with it, don't tell me I'm wrong!

so you dont hate them, but you are happy to continue discriminating against them because they are a minority? seems legit.
tipper
League - Top 5

Postby inside word » Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:45 pm

tipper wrote:
inside word wrote:
Not that big of mistake.

so if you believe all of those things, then people being gay cant be a mistake.

if we are gods creations, we can only possibly do the things, and make the choices, that god has designed us to do. it would be impossibe to do anything that God hasnt forseen (remember god knows everything), which would tell me that god meant for some people to be gay. it would be impossible for god to have not forseen them that way.

if you really believe in your god, and all the things that god has supposedly done, and all the things that your god is supposedly capable of, then you must also believe that god created people to be gay.

do you then know better than god? continuing to prevent his creations from joining her in marriage?

If you had actually any idea about religion you would know you have the power to do whatever you like and then are judged at the end. Now I might be created to cark it at 75, but that doesn't mean I can drive my car into a tree and survive it, You choose your life!
inside word
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Bridgewater

Postby tipper » Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:46 pm

inside word wrote:
If you had actually any idea about religion you would know you have the power to do whatever you like and then are judged at the end. Now I might be created to cark it at 75, but that doesn't mean I can drive my car into a tree and survive it, You choose your life!

so why then prevent gay marriage? let it be, and then your god will judge them at the end. judge not lest ye be judged and all that malarky

and sadly it seems that you have chosen to be a bigot
Last edited by tipper on Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
tipper
League - Top 5

Postby inside word » Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:47 pm

I do find it amusing that people are very very defensive when it is raised, if it's so stupid why waste your breath? Just believe you evolved from Monkeys, cause that seems legit...
inside word
Rookie

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:50 pm

inside word wrote:I do find it amusing that people are very very defensive when it is raised, if it's so stupid why waste your breath? Just believe you evolved from Monkeys, cause that seems legit...

Now you're just being silly :lol:
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3028 times
Been liked: 2404 times

Postby Booney » Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:53 pm

Booney wrote:
inside word wrote:maybe I should get married again before it's destroyed :)

So you've been married and divorced?

Inside word,please?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7512 times
Been liked: 10808 times

Postby inside word » Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:55 pm

Booney wrote:
Booney wrote:

Inside word,please?

Yes?
inside word
Rookie

Postby Booney » Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:56 pm

inside word wrote:

That's quite funny. All those evil bastards in those institutions that have taken the innocence from young children probably would have been told of this. Seems they don't fear the almighty or they don't give a ****.

You sir are a dinosaur. ( Yes, they were very ******* real )
Last edited by Booney on Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:56 pm

inside word wrote:
Booney wrote:
Booney wrote:

Inside word,please?

Yes?

You've been married and divorced then? "get married again"
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby inside word » Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:59 pm

Booney wrote:
inside word wrote:

That's quite funny. All those evil bastards in those institutions that have taken the innocence from young children probably would have been told of this. Seems they don't fear the almighty or they don't give a ****.

You sir are a dinosaur. ( Yes, they were very ******* real )

What they did was disgusting and will get what they deserve, no arguing there!
inside word
Rookie

Postby inside word » Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:00 pm

Currently Married, but might just have another go at it!
inside word
Rookie

Postby Jase » Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:02 pm

tipper wrote:
JK wrote:
tipper wrote:
bennymacca wrote:Inside word - how does two other people affect you personally?

it offends his imaginary friend. the same all powerful, all knowing, infallible imaginary friend that created all of us, including gay people. you would think that if God was all powerful, and he created gay people, that he meant them to be gay? and that it would therefore be ok for them to be married?

We're kinda here telling people to respect others choices, so making light of people's religious beliefs would fit that same mould wouldn't it?

Can't have it both ways (so to speak).

i agree, but religious believers already get it both ways. they get their belief, and they get to force the rest of us to live by their beliefs. when their imaginary friend no longer has any impact on society as a whole, ill stop making fun of it.

Woahhhh, hang on there buddy... I'm a, as you call it, a religious believer and I would never force my beliefs on anyone... these sweeping statements do no good to anyone...

Here's what I believe (and may get howled down for), I'm a Christian and with that I believe that Jesus told us to love one another. That is respect and not judge others and what they believe, this is what I try and do to the best of my abilities...

With regards to same sex marriage, I have no issue with it whatsoever... Religious groups of any belief spreading hate are repugnant in my eyes...

So not every religious person will try and force their ideas down your throat some of us are relatively well balanced. If anyone wants to disagree with me, I have no problems with that but surely it can be done respectfully...

Peace out ;)
Jase
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1485 times
Been liked: 552 times

Postby am Bays » Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:03 pm

Marriage equality

i want my marriage/wedding to be equal to everyone elses, said no women ever.....
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 164 times
Been liked: 1820 times

Postby tipper » Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:10 pm

Jase wrote:Woahhhh, hang on there buddy... I'm a, as you call it, a religious believer and I would never force my beliefs on anyone... these sweeping statements do no good to anyone...

Here's what I believe (and may get howled down for), I'm a Christian and with that I believe that Jesus told us to love one another. That is respect and not judge others and what they believe, this is what I try and do to the best of my abilities...

With regards to same sex marriage, I have no issue with it whatsoever... Religious groups of any belief spreading hate are repugnant in my eyes...

So not every religious person will try and force their ideas down your throat some of us are relatively well balanced. If anyone wants to disagree with me, I have no problems with that but surely it can be done respectfully...

Peace out ;)

if only there were more believers like you Jase. as i said, i have friends that have strong beliefs, but they keep it to themselves. i have no issues there. its the ones like inside word that insist that we all live by their warped beliefs that i have issues with
tipper
League - Top 5

Postby Magellan » Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:13 pm

inside word wrote:Currently Married, but might just have another go at it!

Bigamy?

No, big of you. ;)

Ironically enough, bigamy is an offense under the Marriage Act, even though it does theoretically provide more kids than a normal marriage.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby inside word » Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:14 pm

Hang on, When did I push my views onto anyone?
inside word
Rookie

Postby tipper » Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:16 pm

inside word wrote:Hang on, When did I push my views onto anyone?

ill remind you

inside word wrote:
PatowalongaPirate wrote:So "minority groups" should be discriminated against?

yes.
tipper
League - Top 5

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion