Pub visits

Anything!

When you visit a pub / What do you want from a pub?

Poll ended at Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:34 pm

Once a week
23%
Twice a week
12%
3 or more times a week
15%
Erry day
No votes
I want it to be me and two old bar flys
No votes
I want it to be me and a few people I know
46%
I want it to be packed to capacity and pumping
4%

Total votes : 26

Re: Pub visits

Postby JK » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:19 am

Booney wrote:Rewards are good too. My local has a punters club, every Saturday costs $5.

Races 6,7,8 in Melb and Syd. Races 6,7 in Adelaide, Brisbane. 3 pts 1st, 2 for 2nd, 1 for 3rd. just pick one in each race. Max 30 points.

Winner takes 75% of the weekly pool ( sometimes it's up to $260 for the winner ) 2nd gets 25% of the pool ( usually around the $50-70 mark ).

With that you get a "drinks card", by 4 get 1 free. Winning.

Give the Watermark a go one Friday mate, heaps of stuff to do .. Free raffles, winner gets to throw a dart for a Double Bull to win the Jackpot (always over $1k I believe), there's $2 horse racing comps. Great pub
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Wedgie » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:25 am

I'll combine a couple of pubs review for the other thread and a list of likes all in the same post since I finally dragged out my laptop (currently sitting out the back on a beautiful day trying to work out what I'll do today)

I look for a pub with good prices, good atmosphere and good clientele.

Most regular local is now the Hope Inn. Pints $5.50 12-6 (just went up - boo) $5.00 6-closing on weekends
Thursday free meat tray raffles between 4 & 7 (4 meat trays, about 12 chickens also)
Friday spin the wheel (just recently changed from free raffle for 10 pints (1 prize) and 4 6 packs), wheel seems to be a bigger range of prizes and two people won mug of week last Friday on it
Saturday Jag the Joker 3-6. Free raffle, winner turns around a card on a board, if you pick the joker you get the jackpot (currently $600), usually goes off around $900.
Also have free pool table.
Heaps of TVs, heaps of TAB facilities, beer garden to smoke or eat.
Good staff (except for 1 annoying cow), they're always happy to help in anyway including turning tvs over to any sporting event you want (they have fox, etc)
Also have Toss the Boss on Monday nights (free beer if you call the toss correctly), Poker twice a week, a quiz night and a pool tourney.

Locals are friendly, down to earth people.

Meals are great, schnitzels are awesome and cost $12 with sauces, chips and salads. Steaks are great for same price. Good quality meals, always a choice of specials too.

Used to drink at the Reepham, that's $5 a pint 12-6 every day, no Fox is a pain though.
Sometimes go to the Albion to catch up with mates but I don't like it there although pints are $5 and as cheap as $3.50 on Friday nights with a band most Friday nights. Place is too feral for me though.

Tried the Findon when I first moved here but the beers are expensive, foods only OK (not cheap) and virtually no atmosphere there. Sometimes go there to see bands on Fri or Sat nights though (Kiss cover band there tomorrow, also seen Heavy Load and Clearway there)
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:45 am

Wedgie wrote:I'll combine a couple of pubs review for the other thread and a list of likes all in the same post since I finally dragged out my laptop (currently sitting out the back on a beautiful day trying to work out what I'll do today)

Most regular local is now the Hope Inn. Pints $5.50 12-6 (just went up - boo) $5.00 6-closing on weekends
Thursday free meat tray raffles between 4 & 7 (4 meat trays, about 12 chickens also)
Friday spin the wheel (just recently changed from free raffle for 10 pints (1 prize) and 4 6 packs), wheel seems to be a bigger range of prizes and two people won mug of week last Friday on it
Saturday Jag the Joker 3-6. Free raffle, winner turns around a card on a board, if you pick the joker you get the jackpot (currently $600), usually goes off around $900.
Good staff (except for 1 annoying cow), they're always happy to help in anyway including turning tvs over to any sporting event you want (they have fox, etc)
Also have Toss the Boss on Monday nights (free beer if you call the toss correctly), Poker twice a week, a quiz night and a pool tourney.

Meals are great, schnitzels are awesome and cost $12 with sauces, chips and salads. Steaks are great for same price. Good quality meals, always a choice of specials too.

Used to drink at the Reepham, that's $5 a pint 12-6 every day, no Fox is a pain though.
Sometimes go to the Albion to catch up with mates but I don't like it there although pints are $5 and as cheap as $3.50 on Friday nights with a band most Friday nights. Place is too feral for me though.

Tried the Findon when I first moved here but the beers are expensive, foods only OK (not cheap) and virtually no atmosphere there. Sometimes go there to see bands on Fri or Sat nights though (Kiss cover band there tomorrow, also seen Heavy Load and Clearway there)

My sentiments precisely although we have been frequenting the Reeps again now I've moved.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:36 pm

carey wrote:
JK wrote:Was a place In the city called BT's (or something like that - the old Gothic apparently) that used to have topless and raffles, does that still go?

Oh yes BT's that was a ripper on Whitmore square. few good Fridays there!

Actually that place was quality!
And yes Friday lunches always went a bit longer at BT's.

Sounds like you have seen a lot of the same tits I have over the years. ;)
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby stan » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:49 am

Wedgie wrote:I'll combine a couple of pubs review for the other thread and a list of likes all in the same post since I finally dragged out my laptop (currently sitting out the back on a beautiful day trying to work out what I'll do today)

Toss the boss is great. Love that!
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Dogwatcher » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:20 am

amber_fluid wrote: Sounds like you have seen a lot of the same tits I have over the years. ;)

That's Straya, right there. :lol: :lol:
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Spargo » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:54 am

Dogwatcher wrote:
amber_fluid wrote: Sounds like you have seen a lot of the same tits I have over the years. ;)

Or Tasmania...
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby amber_fluid » Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:55 pm

Spargo wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:

Or Tasmania...

Yeah plenty of maps of Tassie as well ;)
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Wedgie » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:44 am

Anyone been to the Royal Oak in North Adelaide recently?

Invited to a birthday drinks do there this weekend but after having a quick look on their website it looks wanky and overpriced.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby heater31 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:46 am

Wedgie wrote:Anyone been to the Royal Oak in North Adelaide recently?

Invited to a birthday drinks do there this weekend but after having a quick look on their website it looks wanky and overpriced.
Isn't that joint owned by your employer? You should tell them for a discount.....
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby Wedgie » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:49 am

heater31 wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Anyone been to the Royal Oak in North Adelaide recently?

Isn't that joint owned by your employer? You should tell them for a discount.....

Yeah it is and I do get a discount but not for being employed by them, anyone that has a Monty's reward card gets 5% off. I got my missus to sign up for one when she dropped in at my pub for a drink so we will use that.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:21 am

This thread is making me thirsty.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:48 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:This thread is making me thirsty.

I'm going to pop down to the Royal and have one at lunch. **** it. :D
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:50 am

Booney wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:This thread is making me thirsty.

I'm going to pop down to the Royal and have one at lunch. **** it. :D

I'm weighing up my options, to I smash my work out and pub it early or do I sneak out for one or two with lunch??

Trouble with option 2 is once I get the taste.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Spargo » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:01 pm

Me & the missus are heading down to our local tomorrow night for the ham raffles & the social club’s major Christmas raffle.
One of the extremely rare occasions we leave the kids with the Grandy’s so we’ll be taking full advantage of this.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:14 pm

Spargo wrote:Me & the missus are heading down to our local tomorrow night for the ham raffles & the social club’s major Christmas raffle.
One of the extremely rare occasions we leave the kids with the Grandy’s so we’ll be taking full advantage of this.

Enjoy and good luck.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:15 pm

Spargo wrote:Me & the missus are heading down to our local tomorrow night for the ham raffles & the social club’s major Christmas raffle.

PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Corona Man » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:27 pm

The Sales crew at my work have been trying all month to pull a Sales Meeting together for December. So far we have been unable to all be in the same place, at the same time.... Therfore having read this thread, I’ve called for an Ales meeting tomorrow at 12.30 at the Meadows. It’s the ummm classiest pub in Broadmeadows!
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Dutchy » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:09 pm

We have got to the age where we can leave the kids at home and it is gold, doing the same tomorrow night at the Duck Inn with some friends, drive there, uber home, ride bike to get car next day to work off some beers.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Booney » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:27 pm

Dutchy wrote:

We have got to the age where we can leave the kids at home and it is gold, doing the same tomorrow night at the Duck Inn with some friends, drive there, uber home, ride bike to get car next day to work off some beers.

Yeah, just keep in mind you need to remember when the car is parked.

Checked our Uber trip one morning a few weeks back, went back to where the Uber picked us up from, that however wasn't where the car was. :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Previous

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion