Flybuys and Rewards cards

Anything!

Flybuys and Rewards cards

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:27 pm

Does anybody use these services? We've managed to get some huge savings lately for doing nothing, they've stuffed up a couple of times too.

When we've done what is required to snare a bonus we ring them up the next day to tell them that they haven't honoured it yet, they do it manually and then a few days later it comes through in it's natural progression, it's been pretty handy.

i'm not sure which one is best though.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4351 times
Been liked: 7956 times

Re: Flybuys and Rewards cards

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:39 pm

I have flybuys but don't use it thinking i'm going to get a whole bunch of free stuff, however I have scored a couple of decent vouchers and a mini-ninja bullet for donuts over the years so I'm happy with that.

Woolworths rewards is a scam because you don't actually get rewarded with anything, if you're lucky you might get an extra 50c off your favourite items by flashing your card once in a while. I don't bother producing it on the very odd occasion I actually do shop there.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1747 times
Been liked: 2155 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:47 pm

Footy Chick wrote:I have flybuys but don't use it thinking i'm going to get a whole bunch of free stuff, however I have scored a couple of decent vouchers and a mini-ninja bullet for donuts over the years so I'm happy with that.

Woolworths rewards is a scam because you don't actually get rewarded with anything, if you're lucky you might get an extra 50c off your favourite items by flashing your card once in a while. I don't bother producing it on the very odd occasion I actually do shop there.

I was always under that impression with the rewards card but I started using it and adhering to their deals which were pretty much what I would've spent any way.

I've had $30 knocked off my shopping bill twice in the one week along with $10 taken off at least 10 times since October, we had $50 come off our shopping bill twice in a week at Coles for a similar deal.

The rewards deal was to spend $20, $30 then $40 in successive weeks to get $30 off which they honoured it twice)

The same thing happened with flybuys @ Coles but we had to spend $30, $40 then $50 in successive weeks.

I always thought they were a load of frogshit until recently, pretty handy when there's usually a bottleshop at the same complex to go and treat myself to a complimentary bottle of CC's with the savings.

One deal was spend $30 @ BWS to get 2000 points, my bottle ended up costing $23.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Alaska » Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:40 pm

That is interesting as it must be connected to your own spending habits. I spend about $100 a week in my shop and they offered me $10 if I spend $140 a week for 4 weeks. I did not bother.
2017 and 2018 NFL Fantasy Champion
Alaska
League - Best 21

Has liked: 96 times
Been liked: 64 times

Postby Wedgie » Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:55 pm

We save about $30 per shop at Woollies (as long as its over $100) and get the occasional free $100 and $200 voucher. I think that's linked to a credit card my girlfriend has though.
I only use Qantas Frequent Flyer or Velocity rewards which are linked to my credit cards.
Never used Flybuys or Entertainment Books as I'd feel scummy if I did.
Stupid I know.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2063 times
Been liked: 3923 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:32 pm

Wedgie wrote:We save about $30 per shop at Woollies (as long as its over $100) and get the occasional free $100 and $200 voucher. I think that's linked to a credit card my girlfriend has though.
I only use Qantas Frequent Flyer or Velocity rewards which are linked to my credit cards.
Stupid I know.

I'm the same with the entertainment books, I feel as though they'll skimp on my meal or I find it embarrassing.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:35 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Wedgie wrote:We save about $30 per shop at Woollies (as long as its over $100) and get the occasional free $100 and $200 voucher. I think that's linked to a credit card my girlfriend has though.
Stupid I know.

I'm the same with the entertainment books, I feel as though they'll skimp on my meal or I find it embarrassing.

I'm a bit like this with groupons/scoopons etc...
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1747 times
Been liked: 2155 times

Postby Wedgie » Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:54 pm

Glad it's not just me, thought I was turning into a bogan version of Psyber.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2063 times
Been liked: 3923 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:01 pm

Wedgie wrote:Glad it's not just me, thought I was turning into a bogan version of Psyber.

Sybe would use the pages of the entertainment book as rollie papers for his imported tobacco.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:04 pm

Keep in mind none of the venues/organisations that offer Entertainment Book vouchers, Groupons or Scoopons aren't coerced into doing so. They wouldn't buy in if it didn't generate sufficient income to do so.

We haven't purchased an Entertainment Book for a couple of years as more often than not it's now just the two of us dining out as the kids are older and don't always come along. So 5% of not much is less than the voucher was to "buy". Groupon and Scoopon is what I tend to purchase more of, meal deals etc.

Mrs Boon has a Flybuys that I'd have no idea what sort of balance is on, I've never bothered as I don't do many purchases along those lines. Don't have a credit card either.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7535 times
Been liked: 10848 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:37 pm

Entertainment Book
Love it.
Try out different eateries.
Haven't purchased scoopon etc vouchers for a while now
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11978 times
Been liked: 3658 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:26 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Entertainment Book
Love it.
Try out different eateries.
Haven't purchased scoopon etc vouchers for a while now

I don't doubt that for a moment, reading through here with the meal thread it makes me envious.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:50 pm

I have a platinum credit card with mastercard and amex. All of my purchases go through the credit card and then it gets paid out of the line of credit automatically.

Get maybe $400-$500 a year in rewards, usually save them up and spend on flight centre vouchers for travel
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Stumps » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:25 am

Whats with the Dan Murphys reward card. Keep swiping and get sweet FA in return.
Stumps....
Stumps
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 45 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:43 am

I think you just get the discount on their beer specials...
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11978 times
Been liked: 3658 times

Postby Psyber » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:02 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Glad it's not just me, thought I was turning into a bogan version of Psyber.

Sybe would use the pages of the entertainment book as rollie papers for his imported tobacco.

I don't smoke...
(I estimate I may have gotten through 3 cigarettes in the occasional puff here and there between the ages of 10 and 11.)

It is true I've never used the entertainment book, but In am happy to best someone's guest. :lol:
(I had a free dinner and wine at the Naval and Military Club last Wednesday, and a free lunch, and wine, in Parliament house on Thursday.)
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 395 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby bennymacca » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:45 pm

Psyber wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

I don't smoke...
(I estimate I may have gotten through 3 cigarettes in the occasional puff here and there between the ages of 10 and 11.)

It is true I've never used the entertainment book, but In am happy to best someone's guest. :lol:
(I had a free dinner and wine at the Naval and Military Club last Wednesday, and a free lunch, and wine, in Parliament house on Thursday.)

I would have thought psyber would smoke a pipe anyway
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion