Things that you are looking forward to

Anything!

Re: Things that you are looking forward to

Postby Spangas » Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:56 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:We saw a fair bit. Have a hire car so did quite a bit of driving. Port douglas, innisfail, mossman, Atherton table lands etc. Also got rat arsed every night too and body is in shut down mode.

It's on our to-do list, the father in law goes up there every 2nd year with his brother.

Worth getting out on the Great Barrier Reef once in your life. Awesome experience out there.
I apologise.
Spangas
Under 16s

Has liked: 118 times
Been liked: 103 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:18 am

Spangas wrote:Worth getting out on the Great Barrier Reef once in your life. Awesome experience out there.

For sure, we had planned on hitting the islands up there a couple of years ago but the cyclones wiped most of our plans out so we went to the Gold Coast instead.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:28 am

Getting into my sauna and sweating this bug outta me
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11839 times
Been liked: 3597 times

Postby Corona Man » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:05 pm

I've been thrown a new challenge here at work. I already look after New Zealand based customers, along with a suite of the bigger ones here in Australia. I get involved in contract negotiations with some customers and so forth, as well as managing a small customer service team, not too mention managing some supplier relationships too. It's a diverse role that I enjoy.

The Australian arm of the business (We are USA based head office) recently had a win, and some areas of Asia are falling under our control. Not the ones we thought we may get (Philippines, Malaysia & Indonesia) rather we have picked up India, Sri Lanka, Pakistan & Bangladesh.

The boss has put me onto Sri Lanka, as a new sales region. So I have spent a fair chunk of yesterday and most of today researching who our customers are in Sri Lanka, what they buy from us, how much they spend, and importantly trying to work out, where the hell in Sri Lanka they are located!

So at this stage the boss is saying he wants me on the ground over there once a month for probably the next 12 months while we bed it down..... and not drop any of the other balls I am currently juggling.

Nothing like a challenge.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1278 times
Been liked: 3482 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Booney » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:14 pm

Corona Man wrote:I've been thrown a new challenge here at work. I already look after New Zealand based customers, along with a suite of the bigger ones here in Australia. I get involved in contract negotiations with some customers and so forth, as well as managing a small customer service team, not too mention managing some supplier relationships too. It's a diverse role that I enjoy.

The Australian arm of the business (We are USA based head office) recently had a win, and some areas of Asia are falling under our control. Not the ones we thought we may get (Philippines, Malaysia & Indonesia) rather we have picked up India, Sri Lanka, Pakistan & Bangladesh.

The boss has put me onto Sri Lanka, as a new sales region. So I have spent a fair chunk of yesterday and most of today researching who our customers are in Sri Lanka, what they buy from us, how much they spend, and importantly trying to work out, where the hell in Sri Lanka they are located!

So at this stage the boss is saying he wants me on the ground over there once a month for probably the next 12 months while we bed it down..... and not drop any of the other balls I am currently juggling.

Great opportunity to immerse yourself in a culture completely different to ours mate. Great opportunity to see the world.

We found the Park Hotel in Clarke Quay Singapore was a nice place to stop, make sure you get the "club" access for 3 hours of happy hour free drinks each night.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7487 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby Corona Man » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:18 pm

Booney wrote:
Corona Man wrote:I've been thrown a new challenge here at work. I already look after New Zealand based customers, along with a suite of the bigger ones here in Australia. I get involved in contract negotiations with some customers and so forth, as well as managing a small customer service team, not too mention managing some supplier relationships too. It's a diverse role that I enjoy.

Great opportunity to immerse yourself in a culture completely different to ours mate. Great opportunity to see the world.

We found the Park Hotel in Clarke Quay Singapore was a nice place to stop, make sure you get the "club" access for 3 hours of happy hour free drinks each night.

Thanks yes I agree. I enjoy travel & in this role have visited some places I ordinarily would not have. I also like curry!

In terms of getting there I can fly direct from Melb to Colombo, but the Singapore Stop Over is an option. Thanks for the tip on the happy hour. As I recall beer in Singapore, and Clarke Quay in particular is a bit exxy.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:04 pm

Corona Man wrote:
Booney wrote:

Thanks yes I agree. I enjoy travel & in this role have visited some places I ordinarily would not have. I also like curry!

In terms of getting there I can fly direct from Melb to Colombo, but the Singapore Stop Over is an option. Thanks for the tip on the happy hour. As I recall beer in Singapore, and Clarke Quay in particular is a bit exxy.

Everything in Singapore is expensive [emoji17]
Unfortunately a stop over doesn’t break up the flight much to Sri Lanka as it’s just over 10 hours direct from MEL compared to 8 hours to SIN and then another 4 hours to Sri Lanka
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Corona Man » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:10 pm

Its been 5 or 6 years since I was last in Singapore. I don't recall the food as being expensive, nor the theme park & zoo where we took the kids. But Grog, yep that was pricey, especially as we had spent the previous week or so in Phuket.
Corona Man
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:15 pm

Corona Man wrote:Its been 5 or 6 years since I was last in Singapore. I don't recall the food as being expensive, nor the theme park & zoo where we took the kids. But Grog, yep that was pricey, especially as we had spent the previous week or so in Phuket.

Food from markets and street vendors still priced ok but restaurant prices have gone up majorly in the last few years. They have to buy everything in and prices have skyrocketed compared to 5-10 years ago.
Jim05
Coach

Postby Corona Man » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:20 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Corona Man wrote:Its been 5 or 6 years since I was last in Singapore. I don't recall the food as being expensive, nor the theme park & zoo where we took the kids. But Grog, yep that was pricey, especially as we had spent the previous week or so in Phuket.

Food from markets and street vendors still priced ok but restaurant prices have gone up majorly in the last few years. They have to buy everything in and prices have skyrocketed compared to 5-10 years ago.

Fair Enough. Singapore as a country has to buy basically EVERYTHING in. I understand the local government puts a huge Tax on alcohol, hence the high prices. That said, I recall we stayed at the Novotel Clarke Quay, and in the basement there was a supermarket. I grabbed a 6 pack of Miller Draught at a reasonable price and stacked the room bar fridge with them, rather than drink those the hotel leave in their for you..... at about $14 a beer!
Corona Man
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:32 pm

Corona Man wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

Fair Enough. Singapore as a country has to buy basically EVERYTHING in. I understand the local government puts a huge Tax on alcohol, hence the high prices. That said, I recall we stayed at the Novotel Clarke Quay, and in the basement there was a supermarket. I grabbed a 6 pack of Miller Draught at a reasonable price and stacked the room bar fridge with them, rather than drink those the hotel leave in their for you..... at about $14 a beer!

Yeah the Sofitel was the same, $15 for a beer and $8 for a can of coke. Had a nice little convenience store around the corner that sold beer at a decent price. The Novotel Clarke Quay is a pretty good hotel IMO
Jim05
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:17 pm

Hope ya havent seen the news?
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11839 times
Been liked: 3597 times

Postby Corona Man » Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:21 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:

Hope ya havent seen the news?

Yep just heard that before the footy started! I will be asking for danger money before I leave! Mrs C said straight away that there will be the normal reaction and tightening of security over there. I’m guessing it will be a month before I go yet.
Corona Man
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:39 pm

Eight bomb blasts now
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby whufc » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:21 pm

Brodlach wrote:Eight bomb blasts now

?????? Looking forward to it?
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5586 times
Been liked: 2527 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Corona Man » Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:19 am

whufc wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Eight bomb blasts now

?????? Looking forward to it?

Err no, not so much. Plans on hold somewhat now.
Corona Man
Coach

Postby HH3 » Thu May 02, 2019 2:42 pm

Flag Football starting up soon.

Its actually really fun. Lots of trick plays and stuff you'd get chewed out for if you tried it in the game.

I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Corona Man » Thu May 02, 2019 5:13 pm

A weekend back in Adelaide soon. Coming over for some customer visits on the Friday, then go watch my lads footy Sat arvo, and a few ales with the old crew. Can't wait. Possibly a few quiets in Wedgies pub on Friday arvo if anyones keen?
Corona Man
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu May 02, 2019 5:30 pm

Corona Man wrote:A weekend back in Adelaide soon. Coming over for some customer visits on the Friday, then go watch my lads footy Sat arvo, and a few ales with the old crew. Can't wait. Possibly a few quiets in Wedgies pub on Friday arvo if anyones keen?

Count me in.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7487 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby Wedgie » Thu May 02, 2019 9:46 pm

Corona Man wrote:A weekend back in Adelaide soon. Coming over for some customer visits on the Friday, then go watch my lads footy Sat arvo, and a few ales with the old crew. Can't wait. Possibly a few quiets in Wedgies pub on Friday arvo if anyones keen?

Let me know when, I dont do a lot of Fridays in the front bar (doing Thurs, Sat and Sun this week), even have tomorrow off completely.
If I do have it off you'll have to relocate up the road so I can have a few. ;)
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2042 times
Been liked: 3886 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion