2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 444 times
Been liked: 1208 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Re: New Year Resolutions

Postby amber_fluid » Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:20 pm

PatowalongaPirate wrote:Anyone got any?

Drink more alcohol!
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby MW » Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:35 pm

Nope. If you need the change in year to motivate you to do something, it's never going to happen.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Wedgie » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:04 pm

MW wrote:Nope. If you need the change in year to motivate you to do something, it's never going to happen.

Motivation is overrated. I lost 7kgs, gave up smoking and changed careers last year with no motivation.
Shit just happens.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby The Bedge » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:28 am

I think NY Resolutions are a load of crap, I also hate people who get all excited by NYE, talk about how crap their year has been and cant wait for the new year to start fresh, as if all their problems just get wiped clean at the stroke of midnight.

Having said that, my resolution is to drink less alcohol and exercise more - not a NY resolution though, just one in general that needs to happen, unless I wanna be dead this time next year.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Failed Creation » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:42 am

The Bedge wrote:I think NY Resolutions are a load of crap, I also hate people who get all excited by NYE, talk about how crap their year has been and cant wait for the new year to start fresh, as if all their problems just get wiped clean at the stroke of midnight.

Having said that, my resolution is to drink less alcohol and exercise more - not a NY resolution though, just one in general that needs to happen, unless I wanna be dead this time next year.

Well said, Bedge.

If someone is really genuine about making changes, why not do it now instead of waiting for a 'magical' date?

I suppose some folks have so little going for them that the date changing is a catalyst.
Politicians kissing babies for good luck,
TV preachers sell salvation for a buck.
You don't need no golden cross to tell you wrong from right,
The world's worst murderers were those who saw the light.
Failed Creation
Coach

Has liked: 3307 times
Been liked: 613 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby Psyber » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:16 pm

Not a firm resolution yet, but I'm speculating about whether I may go overseas for Xmas and NY next time round, just to duck all the stuff I politely endured from well-meaning acquaintances this time.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 389 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby bennymacca » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:15 pm

Failed Creation wrote:
The Bedge wrote:I think NY Resolutions are a load of crap, I also hate people who get all excited by NYE, talk about how crap their year has been and cant wait for the new year to start fresh, as if all their problems just get wiped clean at the stroke of midnight.

Well said, Bedge.

If someone is really genuine about making changes, why not do it now instead of waiting for a 'magical' date?

I suppose some folks have so little going for them that the date changing is a catalyst.

For me at least its not really a new years resolution, but more the fact that i usually eat and drink too much over the christmas period, so January is a good time to recalibrate that
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:58 pm

The missus going to kill you?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:01 pm

bennymacca wrote:
For me at least its not really a new years resolution, but more the fact that i usually eat and drink too much over the christmas period, so January is a good time to recalibrate that

Pretty much the same, we know where we go wrong and it's probably a good point in time to reflect and work on some personal flaws.

I lost 20kgs from late 2016 to mid 2017 but have put probably 10 back on since footy season finished, gotta get my arse back out on the running track.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby RustyCage » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:31 pm

Get fitter, lose weight. 168cm and 91kg isn't a good ratio.

Poor diet the main cause, and living so close to a KFC, Hungry Jacks and McDonalds as I do, it was too easy to say "Stiff it, can't be bothered cooking tonight" and getting take away. Missus and I have now signed up to Hello Fresh. Not the greatest value for money I'm sure, but we will have 5 meals a week sitting there in the fridge ready to go.
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby JK » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:50 pm

RustyCage wrote:Get fitter, lose weight. 168cm and 91kg isn't a good ratio.

Poor diet the main cause, and living so close to a KFC, Hungry Jacks and McDonalds as I do, it was too easy to say "Stiff it, can't be bothered cooking tonight" and getting take away. Missus and I have now signed up to Hello Fresh. Not the greatest value for money I'm sure, but we will have 5 meals a week sitting there in the fridge ready to go.

Some pretty mixed reactions to Hello Fresh but we tried it once when they had a special and meals were great
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Booney » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:57 am

JK wrote:
RustyCage wrote:Get fitter, lose weight. 168cm and 91kg isn't a good ratio.

Some pretty mixed reactions to Hello Fresh but we tried it once when they had a special and meals were great

Agreed, we ran with it for a while when Junior moved out with some mates so it was just the 3 of us, we were happy with it and the value. When he came back home it wasn't quite as affordable.

You'll enjoy the convenience Rusty, all of it being prepped saves considerable time. I'm not home until after 5, Mrs Boon sometimes after 6, made for a quick and easy healthy option instead of the chicken shop or the drive-thru's mentioned above.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:35 am

Booney wrote:
Agreed, we ran with it for a while when Junior moved out with some mates so it was just the 3 of us, we were happy with it and the value. When he came back home it wasn't quite as affordable.

You'll enjoy the convenience Rusty, all of it being prepped saves considerable time. I'm not home until after 5, Mrs Boon sometimes after 6, made for a quick and easy healthy option instead of the chicken shop or the drive-thru's mentioned above.

We stumbled across a couple of amazing meals from it that we bring out when we have guests over for dinner.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion