Are you ok?

Anything!

Re: Are you ok?

Postby Corona Man » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:45 am

Thanks to all for the PM’s sent.

In the light of current world events, our problem is minuscule.

Mrs C is not only my best friend, but a very strong, resilient women. To see her so upset by the news we received was very confronting for me. We’ve been together for nearly 40 years and her reaction was nothing I’d ever seen before, nor want to again.

We have a situation regarding the sale of our home in SA. It’s a delicate but nonetheless very real financial hit we are taking. In these troubled times, we just don’t need it. We are a hard working couple (not semi retired as some may suggest) and when you get news such as we have, which we have no recourse on.... it makes you wander why we even bother.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3460 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby JK » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:15 am

Sorry to hear CM - You’ll always bother for love of your family unit, but without knowing your situation, I certainly know what it feels like when the universe decides to serve up shitburgers. Hang in there mate, talk as much here of via PM as you need to mate. Thoughts with you and family.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2984 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby whufc » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:23 am

Small problems compared to some the other posts on here but the last two days has been extremely tough.

Yesterday i had to stand off all our casual staff, roughly 20 employees. They kind of got it, new it was going to happen and new they simply couldnt be paid for they couldnt do. Today i had to stand off our 5 permanent part time staff. This was hard, there being stood off without pay (we are a non profit organisation) Most of the permenant staff either are the bread winners in their household or provide significant income.

What made it even tougher was at this stage i have survived the full stand down but have been gone from full time down to 0.6 (3 days a week). To stand them and deliver the bad news whilst i am still getting some form of income was real tough.

Got to admit whilst i am not anti government or Sco Mo the employees have really been screwed over through this period.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5564 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Corona Man » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:35 pm

Yes I think I made mention that our issues were insignificant compared to everything else going on right now. Nonetheless it’s disconcerting. I think Mrs C reaction was a cumulative affect of everything, including our son in isolation.

If the past few weeks have taught us anything, it’s that things can move very quickly in a short amount of time.

Long story short, today we commissioned our own report on our property and the result was the polar opposite of what we had heard this time yesterday.

Suffice to say, we are breathing a little easier now, than this time yesterday.

Still some way to go yet.

Thanks for the messages of support our little community on here is a great support network.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3460 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby gadj1976 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:07 am

gadj1976 wrote:I'm a candidate for losing my job albeit temporarily. But I don't want people to feel sorry for me. I expect a lot of people to lose their income stream permanently which worries me more than my own dilemma.

In my opinion the banks need to pull back. This is the most stressful times I've ever seen and am likely to see. I just hope there is some compassion otherwise we as a society will be in a collective world of pain and grief for goodness knows how long. Given that unemployment will likely go thru the roof, the chances of suicide rates increasing are high in my opinion.

There are no chances of seeking redeployment for those unemployed. For me I have to tough it out. Is it mentally stimulating? No. Sitting at home each day not knowing when the next pay cheque will come thru is horrible. And I'm one of the lucky ones. We need to put our collective arms around each other and make sure we are ok. One in all in as they say.

#inforthelonghaul

The inevitable happened yesterday as my employer ceased all temporary staff as well as consultants and contractors. There is a 4 week hiatus on my project but I suspect that we could be shut out for 6-8 weeks but only if the state is locked down before it gets too bad (some say it already is). I feel for the 6 or so work colleagues who are temporary and now don’t have a job to come back to. They were the sole or major income earners and in nearly all cases are new to Australia.

I’m setting up a what’s app group for the people in my team (as some permanent staff are deemed essential to the running of the business) and some of those displaced temps to check in on them.

For me the short term still looks ok. We have a chance that our project can restart soon but the significant cost saving that the organisation needs to go thru to survive means it will be on reduced rates or hours. At this point I’d take 0.4 or 0.6 to get thru financially and more importantly, mentally.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 795 times
Been liked: 849 times

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:18 am

gadj1976 wrote:
gadj1976 wrote:I'm a candidate for losing my job albeit temporarily. But I don't want people to feel sorry for me. I expect a lot of people to lose their income stream permanently which worries me more than my own dilemma.

In my opinion the banks need to pull back. This is the most stressful times I've ever seen and am likely to see. I just hope there is some compassion otherwise we as a society will be in a collective world of pain and grief for goodness knows how long. Given that unemployment will likely go thru the roof, the chances of suicide rates increasing are high in my opinion.

There are no chances of seeking redeployment for those unemployed. For me I have to tough it out. Is it mentally stimulating? No. Sitting at home each day not knowing when the next pay cheque will come thru is horrible. And I'm one of the lucky ones. We need to put our collective arms around each other and make sure we are ok. One in all in as they say.

#inforthelonghaul

The inevitable happened yesterday as my employer ceased all temporary staff as well as consultants and contractors. There is a 4 week hiatus on my project but I suspect that we could be shut out for 6-8 weeks but only if the state is locked down before it gets too bad (some say it already is). I feel for the 6 or so work colleagues who are temporary and now don’t have a job to come back to. They were the sole or major income earners and in nearly all cases are new to Australia.

I’m setting up a what’s app group for the people in my team (as some permanent staff are deemed essential to the running of the business) and some of those displaced temps to check in on them.

For me the short term still looks ok. We have a chance that our project can restart soon but the significant cost saving that the organisation needs to go thru to survive means it will be on reduced rates or hours. At this point I’d take 0.4 or 0.6 to get thru financially and more importantly, mentally.

Stay positive mate, sounds like you are.
Hopefully this all turns around for you and your team and you’re back to normal work before long.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Magellan » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:56 pm

Corona Man wrote:Yes I think I made mention that our issues were insignificant compared to everything else going on right now. Nonetheless it’s disconcerting. I think Mrs C reaction was a cumulative affect of everything, including our son in isolation.

If the past few weeks have taught us anything, it’s that things can move very quickly in a short amount of time.

Long story short, today we commissioned our own report on our property and the result was the polar opposite of what we had heard this time yesterday.

Suffice to say, we are breathing a little easier now, than this time yesterday.

Still some way to go yet.

Thanks for the messages of support our little community on here is a great support network.

Great to hear, CM.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:41 am

Bit of an update... Still struggling but have spoken to someone and i have have an appointment with my doc to get me a prescription. I swore id stay away from that stuff but after speaking to my psych for not even 10 minutes and he suggested it and he usually avoids getting people to take them...
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3015 times
Been liked: 2383 times

Postby whufc » Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:43 pm

I’m fine but I’m going to throw it out there any maybe I’m not the only one.

Really struggling with the lack of stimulation I guess from currently not being able to live a ‘normal’ life that we are used to. I’m an extremely outdoorsy/sport/recreational orientated person.

For the first time in 12 months yesterday (since we began saving for the holiday) I downloaded the Sportsbet app and had a crack at the horses.

Whilst it’s never spiralled out of control it definitely has never helped any situations in life and not a path I won’t go go back down. I tend to have a pretty addictive nature and if I’m in I completely immerse myself and am all in. In the end after a heap of wins and losses I end up back to only $10 down. Felt that same overwhelming feeling of stress not enjoyment from it so quickly deleted the app again.

Almost had another crack today but lucky got a ‘high level’ task in from my manager so it got my mind occupied and distracted.
whufc
Coach

Postby Q. » Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:05 pm

whufc wrote:Small problems compared to some the other posts on here but the last two days has been extremely tough.

Yesterday i had to stand off all our casual staff, roughly 20 employees. They kind of got it, new it was going to happen and new they simply couldnt be paid for they couldnt do. Today i had to stand off our 5 permanent part time staff. This was hard, there being stood off without pay (we are a non profit organisation) Most of the permenant staff either are the bread winners in their household or provide significant income.

What made it even tougher was at this stage i have survived the full stand down but have been gone from full time down to 0.6 (3 days a week). To stand them and deliver the bad news whilst i am still getting some form of income was real tough.

Got to admit whilst i am not anti government or Sco Mo the employees have really been screwed over through this period.

Hey mate, hopefully the wage subsidy being introduced applies to your organisation and you can come back to them with good news [-o<
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby whufc » Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:21 pm

Q. wrote:
whufc wrote:Small problems compared to some the other posts on here but the last two days has been extremely tough.

Hey mate, hopefully the wage subsidy being introduced applies to your organisation and you can come back to them with good news [-o<

Here’s hoping.

I have a meeting with our CEO tomorrow and that is definitely an agenda item.

Mentally trying to prepare myself this is life until September but hopefully we might be back to some normality before then.

Being a gym manager all my life I actually don’t have my own equipment, never paid for a gym membership so not being able to train to the level I would like is really playing on me.

As much as I would love to sneak in the gym at work being im the only one there I morally couldn’t bring myself to do that knowing how many people in my community are missing out.
whufc
Coach

Postby Q. » Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:27 pm

whufc wrote:Here’s hoping.

Mentally trying to prepare myself this is life until September but hopefully we might be back to some normality before then.

Being a gym manager all my life I actually don’t have my own equipment, never paid for a gym membership so not being able to train to the level I would like is really playing on me.

As much as I would love to sneak in the gym at work being im the only one there I morally couldn’t bring myself to do that knowing how many people in my community are missing out.

Can relate. Have gone from doing Boris Sheiko powerlifting cycles to running laps on the footy oval. I'm hoping to be able to complete a lap by next week ;)
Q.
Coach

Postby whufc » Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:33 pm

Q. wrote:

Can relate. Have gone from doing Boris Sheiko powerlifting cycles to running laps on the footy oval. I'm hoping to be able to complete a lap by next week ;)

The struggle is real, I haven’t run in a non sporting environment in about 3 years lol.

My training is also a real key motivator for my healthy eating habits so I’m really having to mentally battle with that.

The positive is I have my health, a loving family and beautiful kids. Life could definitely be worst and I’m lucky to have what I have.
whufc
Coach

Postby Pseudo » Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:18 am

whufc wrote:
Q. wrote:

Here’s hoping.

Could you borrow a set of dumbbells from your work - tell them you're working from home :)
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Q. » Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:33 am

Pseudo wrote:

Could you borrow a set of dumbbells from your work - tell them you're working from home :)

I believe he did sneak this machine home:

Q.
Coach

Postby tipper » Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:19 pm

Q. wrote:
Pseudo wrote:

I believe he did sneak this machine home:

interesting. id always pictured whufc as a brunette
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby Booney » Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:12 pm

Can't tell from that shot.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7466 times
Been liked: 10754 times

Postby LMA » Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:20 pm

Booney wrote:Can't tell from that shot.

I bet you zoomed in to double check though.
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Booney » Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:30 pm

LMA wrote:
Booney wrote:Can't tell from that shot.

I bet you zoomed in to double check though.

How else would I have been able to say?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7466 times
Been liked: 10754 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:20 pm

Been a while since i've posted in this group. Just wanna say i hope you are all doing well and if you wanna chat don't hesitate to contact me
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3015 times
Been liked: 2383 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion