Are you ok?

Anything!

Re: Are you ok?

Postby whufc » Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:41 pm

Failed Creation wrote:Those who know me will know that I've had a pretty rough couple of days.

My old man was in a serious motorbike accident yesterday, during a memorial ride for a late member of their club. Have any of you ever heard the phone ringing, and just knew it was bad news?

Unfortunately the passenger on the other bike lost her life yesterday, and my dad is still in ICU. Dad's partner (and passenger on his bike) and the rider of the other bike suffered non-life threatening injuries. My younger sister and youngest brother raced to the Royal Adelaide, and all I was told was that his left leg was ******, and he was having what ended up being a 6 hour surgery to put steel and screws in it. He was placed in an induced coma last night.

So I went to visit him this morning, and I don't think I've ever been as floored, seeing him like that. The nurse said he was heavily sedated, but that he could possibly hear me if I wanted to talk to him. **** me, what do I say?

Due to the COVID-19 stuff, from now on only one person is allowed to see him for the duration of his stay. I figure he'll be in there a while. My brothers and sister decided that our youngest brother would be that person from now on, and that we'd all take turns to go with him for support.

On top of that, my wife is due back from overseas on Wednesday, and we'll have to deal with her being in self-isolation.

So sorry to hear mate, deadset nearly started crying reading that.

I’m not sure what I can offer other than a ear to lean on but if you need anything at all just say, literally give you the shirt of my back mate

I’m not a spiritual man but genuinely sending you my thoughts and best wishes
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Booney » Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:48 pm

Failed Creation wrote:Those who know me will know that I've had a pretty rough couple of days.

My old man was in a serious motorbike accident yesterday, during a memorial ride for a late member of their club. Have any of you ever heard the phone ringing, and just knew it was bad news?

Unfortunately the passenger on the other bike lost her life yesterday, and my dad is still in ICU. Dad's partner (and passenger on his bike) and the rider of the other bike suffered non-life threatening injuries. My younger sister and youngest brother raced to the Royal Adelaide, and all I was told was that his left leg was ******, and he was having what ended up being a 6 hour surgery to put steel and screws in it. He was placed in an induced coma last night.

So I went to visit him this morning, and I don't think I've ever been as floored, seeing him like that. The nurse said he was heavily sedated, but that he could possibly hear me if I wanted to talk to him. **** me, what do I say?

Due to the COVID-19 stuff, from now on only one person is allowed to see him for the duration of his stay. I figure he'll be in there a while. My brothers and sister decided that our youngest brother would be that person from now on, and that we'd all take turns to go with him for support.

On top of that, my wife is due back from overseas on Wednesday, and we'll have to deal with her being in self-isolation.

Much love brother. :heart:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Failed Creation » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:02 pm

whufc wrote:

I’m not sure what I can offer other than a ear to lean on but if you need anything at all just say, literally give you the shirt of my back mate

Thanks, mate.

By the way, were you at the Argana Park netball courts on a Friday night, a few weeks back?
Politicians kissing babies for good luck,
TV preachers sell salvation for a buck.
You don't need no golden cross to tell you wrong from right,
The world's worst murderers were those who saw the light.
Failed Creation
Coach

Has liked: 3307 times
Been liked: 613 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby whufc » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:10 pm

Failed Creation wrote:
whufc wrote:

Thanks, mate.

By the way, were you at the Argana Park netball courts on a Friday night, a few weeks back?

Yeah mate, watching my daughters netball! They play for Angle Vale.
whufc
Coach

Postby Failed Creation » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:14 pm

whufc wrote:
Failed Creation wrote:
whufc wrote:

Thanks, mate.

Yeah mate, watching my daughters netball! They play for Angle Vale.

I thought that was you; I reckon you were having a chat with Dylan Childs at the time.

My niece plays for Tiki.
Failed Creation
Coach

Postby whufc » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:19 pm

Yeah played many a cricket game with the Childs family.

Absolutely amazing family who would do anything to help anyone.
whufc
Coach

Postby Failed Creation » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:24 pm

whufc wrote:Yeah played many a cricket game with the Childs family.

I worked with Dylan for a few years; quality lad.
Failed Creation
Coach

Postby whufc » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:31 pm

Failed Creation wrote:

Yeah top lad, heart of gold. I used to look after his girlfriend in Vac Care as i my first ever job with the organisation i still work with. Feel really old now haha.
whufc
Coach

Postby Failed Creation » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:40 pm

whufc wrote:
Failed Creation wrote:

Yeah top lad, heart of gold. I used to look after his girlfriend in Vac Care as i my first ever job with the organisation i still work with. Feel really old now haha.

No kidding...

I'm old enough to be the father of a number of my co-workers.
Failed Creation
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:59 pm

All the best for your Dad FC, hope it goes as well as it can from here, I had my brother in ICU in a coma for 2 weeks back in 2000, its certainly a shock when you first go in there.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Pag » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:13 pm

Dutchy wrote:All the best for your Dad FC, hope it goes as well as it can from here, I had my brother in ICU in a coma for 2 weeks back in 2000, its certainly a shock when you first go in there.

Yep had to fly to Melbourne two years ago to find my old man in ICU. Not fun.

Best wishes to you and the family Longy.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 498 times

Postby Failed Creation » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:46 pm

Pag wrote:
Dutchy wrote:All the best for your Dad FC, hope it goes as well as it can from here, I had my brother in ICU in a coma for 2 weeks back in 2000, its certainly a shock when you first go in there.

Yep had to fly to Melbourne two years ago to find my old man in ICU. Not fun.

Best wishes to you and the family Longy.

Thanks, lads.

Luckily we've got a good little support network between us siblings. My old man's a fighter, and I expect this time to be no different.
Failed Creation
Coach

Postby JK » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:45 am

Terrible news FC, real sorry to hear mate. Hope all goes as well as it can
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Corona Man » Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:18 pm

Just had some shithouse news.... no I’m not ok. Mrs C is in tears, whole world falling apart.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby amber_fluid » Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:19 pm

Corona Man wrote:Just had some shithouse news.... no I’m not ok. Mrs C is in tears, whole world falling apart.

If you need to chat just yell out.
Hoping you get through it mate
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Corona Man » Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:20 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
Corona Man wrote:Just had some shithouse news.... no I’m not ok. Mrs C is in tears, whole world falling apart.

If you need to chat just yell out.
Hoping you get through it mate

Fuuuuuuuucccccckkkkkk
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Dutchy » Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:27 pm

:(
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:24 pm

:(
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby Failed Creation » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:33 pm

We're all hear if you need us, CM.

Stay strong, brother.
Failed Creation
Coach

Postby Magellan » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:54 pm

CM, we are only a few keystrokes away. Don’t hesitate to give any of us a PM if you need to get stuff off your chest, you have our unconditional support.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion