Coronavirus (Covid19)

Anything!

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby Jimmy_041 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:29 pm

Psyber wrote:What we really need to know is what percentage of the vaccinated get severe CV.
What percentage of those partially vaccinated but not yet given a booster get it.
What percentage of the totally unvaccinated get it.

Not total numbers!

The fact is the CV is closely related to influenza and there is not such thing as "fully" vaccinated because it will keep mutating and periodic boosters will be needed, just as they are for influenza.

Hey @Psyber: just on the same subject

Mrs Jimmy's dad was taken to hospital just after Christmas
Both the ambulance and hospital were intense about asking and checking his vaccination status

How come the daily reported numbers include a "xx have an unknown vaccination status"
Last edited by Jimmy_041 on Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 719 times
Been liked: 1072 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby amber_fluid » Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:05 pm

9074CFFC-8CBE-4A6B-A4B0-DBE2C8A2DB04.jpeg
9074CFFC-8CBE-4A6B-A4B0-DBE2C8A2DB04.jpeg (82.87 KiB) Viewed 1262 times
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2227 times
Been liked: 2523 times

Postby Mic » Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:25 pm

I have had 3-4 "Facebook friends" post against Covid-vaccinating young children in the past few days (including one claiming she had a leaflet put in her letter box that lists all the 'unknown facts' about the vaccination). Have I missed something?
Mic
League - Top 5

Has liked: 166 times
Been liked: 144 times

Postby amber_fluid » Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:27 pm

Mic wrote:I have had 3-4 "Facebook friends" post against Covid-vaccinating young children in the past few days (including one claiming she had a leaflet put in her letter box that lists all the 'unknown facts' about the vaccination). Have I missed something?

I think most are asking is it approved for kids in Australia?
That seems to be the common question.
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby Armchair expert » Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:29 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
Mic wrote:I have had 3-4 "Facebook friends" post against Covid-vaccinating young children in the past few days (including one claiming she had a leaflet put in her letter box that lists all the 'unknown facts' about the vaccination). Have I missed something?

No its not. That is why all state premiers and health officials are telling people to get their kids vaccinated.
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 384 times
Been liked: 1436 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby amber_fluid » Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:31 pm

Armchair expert wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:

No its not. That is why all state premiers and health officials are telling people to get their kids vaccinated.

Not approved or not a common question?
Your answer doesn’t make sense
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby Armchair expert » Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:32 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
Armchair expert wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:

Not approved or not a common question?
Your answer doesn’t make sense

It was sarcasm
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 384 times
Been liked: 1436 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby amber_fluid » Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:34 pm

Don’t confuse me I’m watching the cricket lol
Go the strikers!
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby Psyber » Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:33 pm

Nothing medical gets approved here until the Therapeutic Goods Administration has reviewed the ongoing research and finally concluded it is safe. That may take some time, and that is why some things take longer to be approved here than in some other countries. Of course no medication can be guaranteed 100% safe as there are always a very small percentage of people whose immune systems over-react and cause complications. So, they just need to be a lot safer than the illness they are meant to protect people from itself.

Getting some things on to the NHS approved list for cost supplementation often takes longer, because NHS listing costs the government money and it becomes more political not purely medical at that stage.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 390 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Dutchy » Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:39 pm

24 new cases in WA today, borders closed may not save them...
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2324 times
Been liked: 3499 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:45 pm

Dutchy wrote:24 new cases in WA today, borders closed may not save them...
Lockdown imminent for them

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11844 times
Been liked: 3600 times

Postby stan » Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:38 pm

Being the Covid zero policy at the moment I would say yes they are going to get a lockdown.

Not sure what there plan is going forward in terms of reopening but they can't keep it out forever.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Psyber » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:39 pm

This file helps with perspective.

CV deaths in UK.png
CV deaths in UK.png (98.94 KiB) Viewed 723 times
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 390 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Jimmy_041 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:16 pm

Psyber wrote:This file helps with perspective.

CV deaths in UK.png

Certainly helps the perspective they want. It's called "fudging the data"

Instead of "Rate of death per 100,000 after testing positive for Covid-19 in the UK"
how about the data for:
"Rate of death per 100,000 because of Covid-19 in the UK"

To put it into a better perspective, how about they also show the data for: "Rate of death per 100,000 from shotgun wounds / car accidents and also testing positive for Covid-19' in the UK"

One case (just like one pig) and the graph is not worth a pinch of $hit

We are now being told that ~50% of hospital admissions are people being admitted to hospital whilst having Covid; not because of it.

Give me the complete raw data and I'll prove anything you want.
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:26 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:

CV deaths in UK.png

Instead of "Rate of death per 100,000 after testing positive for Covid-19 in the UK"
how about the data for:

To put it into a better perspective, how about they also show the data for: "Rate of death per 100,000 from shotgun wounds / car accidents and also testing positive for Covid-19' in the UK"

We are now being told that ~50% of hospital admissions are people being admitted to hospital whilst having Covid; not because of it.

All glass half full, aren't you?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7493 times
Been liked: 10776 times

Postby Trader » Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:41 pm

CV deaths in UK.png

It's a great file, thanks for posting.

As a stats nerd, I love it.

Now, perspective as you mention, lets apply a bit more.

Lets look at the biggest number on the page, 161 people over the age of 80 out of every 100,000 unvaccinated people testing positive for covid are dying within 60 days. Holy sh!t, that's alarming.

Well for some perspective, what is the 'normal' death rate in this age group?

I don't have the UK stats in front of me, but starting in Australia, in 2020, there were 1.05M people aged 80 or more.
Death stats, bugger, the ones I have are from 2019, but that's close enough. Deaths in people aged 80 or more in Australia in 2019, 95,000.

Ok, so for every 1.05M people aged over 80, 95k die each year.
Getting it to per 100,000 like the covid file, you get 9000 deaths, per year, give or take.

Hang on, the covid file was for 60 days, not a full year, so we need to divide our figure by 6 to know how many people aged 80+ are dying in a 60 day period - 1500.

So, granted there will be slight variations for comparing UK covid rates to Australian deaths generally, as a result of our different heath care systems, lifestyles, etc.
It also probably isn't entirely accurate to simply divide a years deaths by 6 to get the 2-monthly death rate, as they would have peaks and troughs during extreme weather.
And there would be an error factor of 1 or 2 % by taking the 2019 deaths and comparing to the 2020 population figures.

But just work with me for a second.

Out of 100,000 people aged 80+, with or without covid, vaccinated or unvaccinated, 1500 die every 60 days.

Yet when we now look at purely the covid positive, unvaccinated, per 100,000 people, only 161 die in the same 60 day period?

So based on that, you are 9.3 times more likely to survive the next 60 days if you remain unvaccinated and manage to catch covid, than if you were just a general member of the 80+ population.

Perspective indeed.

NB: For what its worth I don't actually think covid is some secret potion to enable you to live forever. I think the difference in the stats stated above is that people who are nearing death already (ie: within the last 60 days of their lives) are leading relatively inactive lives. They are cooped up in hospitals or other health care facilities already. They aren't as readily exposed to covid vs the generally healthy remanning members of the 80+ brigade. Therefore it isn't covid thats reducing the death rate, its the fact that they are relatively healthier than the subset of people we are comparing them to.
This is true perspective being applied to the stats.
Just like last week when I asked if the unvaccinated portion in Australia were the ones with underlying health issues and that's why unvaxxed were overrespresented in the ICU stats.

The raw data being pushed by health officials, politicians and vaccine companies need to be taken with a grain of salt.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:32 pm

Trader wrote:

CV deaths in UK.png

Lets look at the biggest number on the page, 161 people over the age of 80 out of every 100,000 unvaccinated people testing positive for covid are dying within 60 days. Holy sh!t, that's alarming.

I don't have the UK stats in front of me, but starting in Australia, in 2020, there were 1.05M people aged 80 or more.
Death stats, bugger, the ones I have are from 2019, but that's close enough. Deaths in people aged 80 or more in Australia in 2019, 95,000.

Getting it to per 100,000 like the covid file, you get 9000 deaths, per year, give or take.

Hang on, the covid file was for 60 days, not a full year, so we need to divide our figure by 6 to know how many people aged 80+ are dying in a 60 day period - 1500.

So, granted there will be slight variations for comparing UK covid rates to Australian deaths generally, as a result of our different heath care systems, lifestyles, etc.
It also probably isn't entirely accurate to simply divide a years deaths by 6 to get the 2-monthly death rate, as they would have peaks and troughs during extreme weather.
And there would be an error factor of 1 or 2 % by taking the 2019 deaths and comparing to the 2020 population figures.

Out of 100,000 people aged 80+, with or without covid, vaccinated or unvaccinated, 1500 die every 60 days.

Yet when we now look at purely the covid positive, unvaccinated, per 100,000 people, only 161 die in the same 60 day period?

So based on that, you are 9.3 times more likely to survive the next 60 days if you remain unvaccinated and manage to catch covid, than if you were just a general member of the 80+ population.

Perspective indeed.

NB: For what its worth I don't actually think covid is some secret potion to enable you to live forever. I think the difference in the stats stated above is that people who are nearing death already (ie: within the last 60 days of their lives) are leading relatively inactive lives. They are cooped up in hospitals or other health care facilities already. They aren't as readily exposed to covid vs the generally healthy remanning members of the 80+ brigade. Therefore it isn't covid thats reducing the death rate, its the fact that they are relatively healthier than the subset of people we are comparing them to.
Just like last week when I asked if the unvaccinated portion in Australia were the ones with underlying health issues and that's why unvaxxed were overrespresented in the ICU stats.

The raw data being pushed by health officials, politicians and vaccine companies need to be taken with a grain of salt.

Yeah :P that's what I was saying :-B
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby am Bays » Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:36 pm

4 people in ICU in the NT

2 are vaccinated 2 are unvaccinated

NT double vaccination rate~ 85%
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1809 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:40 pm

Trader wrote:

CV deaths in UK.png

Perspective indeed.

The raw data, fudged analysis or both?

I wouldn't trust anything being used at the moment
The inconsistencies are so blatant the information is a joke
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:43 pm

Booney wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:

CV deaths in UK.png

how about the data for:

All glass half full, aren't you?

My sensor is running hot

Jimmy_041
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion