Coronavirus (Covid19)

Anything!

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby whufc » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:44 am

Jimmy_041 wrote:
whufc wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Qantas has followed Virgin Australia and cut all International flights and on the process has put off 2/3 of its staff.
Tasmania has enacted the toughest border laws in the country and anyone heading there from Sunday midnight will need to self isolate for 14 days

Apparently QANTAS arent offering refunds only credits and vouchers. Will be interesting to see if the government step in on that one.

I cancelled a flight yesterday.
There was no fee if you took a credit but the cancellation fee applied if you wanted a refund

Yep that's correct.

When everything goes back to normal watch flight prices get raised significantly so that you have to pay extra on your credit to take the same trip. With the amount of people who will have credits if they can get an extra $200-$500 bucks out of everyone they will come out okish.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Dutchy » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:47 am

Bum Crack wrote:Wouldn't it be nice if the banks put a freeze on all mortgage payments for small business and home owners for 6 weeks. That would be a nice stimulus package. Surely they could wear that and they'd still make a billion dollar profit.

Banks already do this up to 3 months, you just need to reach out to them.

Banks don't want customers going into default.

Plus if you aren't making repayments, they will make more $$ of you in interest.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3484 times

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:48 am

Jimmy_041 wrote:
whufc wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Qantas has followed Virgin Australia and cut all International flights and on the process has put off 2/3 of its staff.
Tasmania has enacted the toughest border laws in the country and anyone heading there from Sunday midnight will need to self isolate for 14 days

Apparently QANTAS arent offering refunds only credits and vouchers. Will be interesting to see if the government step in on that one.

There was no fee if you took a credit but the cancellation fee applied if you wanted a refund

The time it takes to put an account in credit, as opposed to the time it takes to organise a cancellation is the reason for the difference.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:58 am

The Bedge wrote:Tinfoil hat time..

Oct 11 - China and US reach tentative agreement on trade deal.
Dec 1 - Believed first Coronavirus case
Dec 13 - China and US agree to new trade deal to put end to ongoing 2 years trade war.

China - appeared to have recovered from this and back to business as usual.
Russia - only 147 confirmed cases, zero deaths.. have just played a major hand in crashing the oil market and can sustain at ~$20.. Also China's friend.
India - one of the most heavily dense populations in the world, and largest, most like in poverty stricken conditions, only 169 confirmed cased and 3 deaths... Also Russia's friend.

China export something like $418 billion to the US annually, whilst if the oil price stays low will cripple the US shale industry and cripple the countries economy.. which will impact the US ability to trade.

Everyone hates the US.. could this whole thing be a deliberate ploy from China/Russia?

Is it a coincidence that this is all unravelling at the same time?

It stopped the HK riots pretty quickly

A couple of points (all based upon tinfoil hat theories)

1. Russia is Trumps friend according to the Democrats so I cant accept that one
1(a). Based upon that premise, Nancy Pelosi doesn't drink before going on TV
2. During the GFC, Russia apparently suggested to China that they both dump all of their gold and USD onto the market to bankrupt the US. China refused because of the USD and US debt that they hold (that's apparently true. But now Russia's man is in the chair, they wont try that one this time)
3. As far as I am aware Pakistan is China's friend - the Chinese and Indians are rivals (but investment is growing as long as India sell all of their infrastructure to them: https://www.forbes.com/sites/suparnadut ... 0c55051dac)
4. China came clean on the extent of the problem as soon as they knew about it. The disappearance of the medicos who found it is purely circumstantial Thank you to Xinhua News Agency)
5. So as to not misinform the world, the actual cases and deaths in China have been exaggerated - you can confidently halve them
6. The CP officials who found the US Army soldier who actually caused it all have been made heroes of the country.
7. Coronavirus is caused by climate change

Other than that: you're on the money
Last edited by Jimmy_041 on Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Q. » Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:20 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Q. wrote:
Booney wrote:Maybe the airlines should buy less smashed avo on toast and takeaway coffees.

That's what everyone else gets told to do.

Maybe they could start paying some tax like everyone else, when this is all over.
Virgin would need to make a profit first but yes as I said I would put strict requirements on any handouts such as paying it back or paying tax

Pls, Virgin actively undertake tax avoidance strategies and siphon profit out of Australia.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Pag » Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:35 pm

Almost 1/3 of students away from my school today. Seems like parents who are able to pull their kids out are doing so at an increasing rate (approx 10% were absent on Monday, going up each day), despite ScoMo's 'experts' saying they should be there.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 498 times

Postby MJP1993 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:44 pm

I went to my GP appointment at uni SA . I thought they were closed big message on the door .
Do not enter until the person at the desk talks to you .
The UNI didn’t have many people there
Rundle mall was like a ghost town
Where I do volunteer work is considering changes not sure if they will close or change opening hours .
Charity op shops are like ghost towns this week
Volunteers are older many are stopping volunteering scared over the virus.
One volunteer yesterday not old but she worries over everything suddenly was sick not the virus couldn’t come in .
While everyone like Scotty from marketing is saying don’t panic don’t worry wash your hands
Many Australians are panicking
And yesterday in my 3 hours of volunteering I washed my hands 20 times
Got to love the Feds every time they say don’t panic don’t stockpile the country does
MJP1993
Under 18s

Has liked: 394 times
Been liked: 46 times

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:52 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:
whufc wrote:

Standard policy across the Airlines now. Also be aware that the standard change fees may still apply if you take a credit - these are generally waived if you select new travel dates immediately.

Some cruise lines are still offering refunds on cancelled itineraries, but that is about it.
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 444 times
Been liked: 1209 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Spangas » Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:05 pm

The Bedge wrote:Tinfoil hat time..

Oct 11 - China and US reach tentative agreement on trade deal.
Dec 1 - Believed first Coronavirus case
Dec 13 - China and US agree to new trade deal to put end to ongoing 2 years trade war.

China - appeared to have recovered from this and back to business as usual.
Russia - only 147 confirmed cases, zero deaths.. have just played a major hand in crashing the oil market and can sustain at ~$20.. Also China's friend.
India - one of the most heavily dense populations in the world, and largest, most like in poverty stricken conditions, only 169 confirmed cased and 3 deaths... Also Russia's friend.

China export something like $418 billion to the US annually, whilst if the oil price stays low will cripple the US shale industry and cripple the countries economy.. which will impact the US ability to trade.

Everyone hates the US.. could this whole thing be a deliberate ploy from China/Russia?

Is it a coincidence that this is all unravelling at the same time?

...and it began right before Chinese New Year.
I apologise.
Spangas
Under 16s

Has liked: 118 times
Been liked: 103 times

Postby Bum Crack » Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:06 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:Wouldn't it be nice if the banks put a freeze on all mortgage payments for small business and home owners for 6 weeks. That would be a nice stimulus package. Surely they could wear that and they'd still make a billion dollar profit.

Plus if you aren't making repayments, they will make more $$ of you in interest.

Be a nice gesture if they reached out the their customers. Imagine the positive vibes they'd get
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 885 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Dutchy » Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:08 pm

Bum Crack wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

Be a nice gesture if they reached out the their customers. Imagine the positive vibes they'd get

What presume people are struggling? Some would be offended.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:11 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

What presume people are struggling? Some would be offended.

They can ring me, I won’t be offended.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Dutchy » Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:23 pm

Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby The Bedge » Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:32 pm

Imagine if you were in the Big Brother house the past 3 months and came out soon to all the shit that's gone down this year! :shock: :lol:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:42 pm

The Bedge wrote:Imagine if you were in the Big Brother house the past 3 months and came out soon to all the shit that's gone down this year! :shock: :lol:

Wasn’t that shit canned years ago?
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:44 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
The Bedge wrote:Imagine if you were in the Big Brother house the past 3 months and came out soon to all the shit that's gone down this year! :shock: [emoji38]

Its making a comeback unfortunately...on ch7

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11807 times
Been liked: 3583 times

Postby Brodlach » Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:48 pm

The Bedge wrote:Imagine if you were in the Big Brother house the past 3 months and came out soon to all the shit that's gone down this year! :shock: :lol:

They are in the BB house in Germany
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4207 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:49 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
The Bedge wrote:Imagine if you were in the Big Brother house the past 3 months and came out soon to all the shit that's gone down this year! :shock: [emoji38]

Its making a comeback unfortunately...on ch7

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

The nutbags in isolation can sit and watch that 24/7
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby whufc » Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:50 pm

Dutchy wrote:

Is that roughly 3-4 months on.

They did take drastic measures though didn't they, in saying that we probably would never have got it as bad as they did with us kind of knowing it was coming, less dense population etc.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Pseudo » Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:57 pm

Booney wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
Booney wrote:Maybe the airlines should buy less smashed avo on toast and takeaway coffees.

That's what everyone else gets told to do.
True
Airlines are a very dicey proposition at the best of times, contrary to many people’s thoughts they don’t make money hand over fist and run at a very low profit most even in good times. For a nation the size of Australia though they are vitally important and need to be kept afloat. I’m all for bailing them out but they need to have strict guidelines attached to them

2019 - Hey, your bag is 1kg over, that's $150 and no, you can't sit next to your wife and the ham toastie is $11.

2020 - Please, help us, we're broke.

Really, what did you expect when you booked a JetStar flight? :lol:
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion