Coronavirus (Covid19)

Anything!

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:43 am

The Bedge wrote:I heard last night that the NRL (and possibly the AFL) are exploring resuming their seasons in May.

NRL are planning on having the comp split into two conferences essentially - half the clubs will be based and play out of Penrith leagues club and the other half out of Olympic Park

Professional comps seems a bit more realistic. At least you can quarantine players and officials - That’s based on absolutely no setbacks.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 738 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby football tragic » Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:44 am

There are 2 ways out of this virus
1.Vaccine which is 18 months away best case scenario or they don't find one or
2. Herd immunity
Do you honestly think the country can sustain and economy under current restrictions ???
answer is NO.
So herd immunity only way through.
football tragic
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Barossa District

Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby RustyCage » Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:49 am

football tragic wrote:Herd immunity imminent in SA starting first week May and then trickle feeding sport etc.
First week June big possibility amateur football recommencing.
That would be completely moronic. Just look at Sweden

I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby RustyCage » Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:50 am

football tragic wrote:There are 2 ways out of this virus
2. Herd immunity
Do you honestly think the country can sustain and economy under current restrictions ???
answer is NO.
So how do you envision herd immunity working?
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:56 am

football tragic wrote:There are 2 ways out of this virus
2. Herd immunity
answer is NO.

Or you control cases within your own country without completely blowing up the economy and then from there control what comes in and then manage flare ups in the community. From there rewind things back slowly and maintain social distancing. Pretty much what SA, WA and Tasmania have done now.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Been liked: 738 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby football tragic » Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:12 am

herd immunity would mean starting in may
opening up cafes and pubs to lower capacities as we did at the start of this before we knew the spread.
watching for levels of increase over a 2 -3 week period knowing that there will be an increase but managing for health departments.
If working well after 2 weeks then move onto sporting groups at a senior level and again watching for potential spikes.
Whilst all elderly or high risk groups adhere to the current restrictions and only go out for essential health and food requirements.
With SA at such a low rate of community transmission this could work really well here and WA.
football tragic
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Barossa District

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:19 am

I witnessed new level ignorance this morning, I had to do a quick trip to the bank at Northpark shopping centre this morning, while I was driving through the carpark I noticed a bloke rummaging through a bin, he pulled out a coffee cup with a lid on it, shook it around for a sec and then drank the remnants from it tilting his head as far back as he could, absolutely appaling.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Q. » Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:22 am

football tragic wrote:herd immunity would mean starting in may
opening up cafes and pubs to lower capacities as we did at the start of this before we knew the spread.
watching for levels of increase over a 2 -3 week period knowing that there will be an increase but managing for health departments.
If working well after 2 weeks then move onto sporting groups at a senior level and again watching for potential spikes.
Whilst all elderly or high risk groups adhere to the current restrictions and only go out for essential health and food requirements.
With SA at such a low rate of community transmission this could work really well here and WA.

Not going to happen by May.

SA would need to widen testing criteria and go at least 4 weeks with ZERO new cases.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby MW » Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:23 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:I witnessed new level ignorance this morning, I had to do a quick trip to the bank at Northpark shopping centre this morning, while I was driving through the carpark I noticed a bloke rummaging through a bin, he pulled out a coffee cup with a lid on it, shook it around for a sec and then drank the remnants from it tilting his head as far back as he could, absolutely appaling.

that's not ignorance thats desperation.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby am Bays » Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:26 am

Herd immunity (a theory that isn't proven yet) relies on 60% of the population to be have been infected, obviously increasing the percentage of those infected increases the effectiveness of the "herd immunity.

Currently SA only at 0.0003% infected.

Bit of a while to go yet before the herd immunity theory becomes effective...
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby Q. » Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:27 am

Some cool economic data coming through, showing impact of lockdown on business categories and impact of stimulus package:

https://www.alphabeta.com/illiontracking

Check out the 'consumer spending by category' changes :shock:
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Brodlach » Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:27 am

MW wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:I witnessed new level ignorance this morning, I had to do a quick trip to the bank at Northpark shopping centre this morning, while I was driving through the carpark I noticed a bloke rummaging through a bin, he pulled out a coffee cup with a lid on it, shook it around for a sec and then drank the remnants from it tilting his head as far back as he could, absolutely appaling.

And sad
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Pag » Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:27 am

Dutchy wrote:No where did I say teachers aren't doing a great job, but it is undeniable they pushed the government to the point where they agreed to close this week.

Despite low attendence rates prior to this week you didn't see kids everywhere as the parents who kept them home made sure they did exactly that.

This week is considered by the kids as an additional week of holidays so are out and about everywhere.

How is what kids do in their school holidays the responsibility of teachers? I doubt your boss is coming to your house during your annual leave instructing you to stay home, while having zero authority over you during that time.

I'll repeat, parents gotta parent.
Last edited by Pag on Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 498 times

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:30 am

MW wrote:

Unfortunately there will be a lot more of this as well.

I think the government are doing a great job currently with government assistance and I hope they continue to do so.

If we have to pay for this for the next 10-15 years then so be it.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:32 am

amber_fluid wrote:

I think the government are doing a great job currently with government assistance and I hope they continue to do so.

I seen a few doley's I know flashing their $750 on FB yesterday or showing how much piss they bought, I refrained from comment.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:34 am

amber_fluid wrote:
MW wrote:

It'll be a lot longer but I don't care, we have to look after the here and now and worry about what impact it has later, we can't have people losing their homes or going to sleep hungry. That's not how our country works.

You can expect a rise in the GST and luxury items like cigarettes and grog are bound to sky rocket.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:37 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:

I seen a few doley's I know flashing their $750 on FB yesterday or showing how much piss they bought, I refrained from comment.

I don’t get the payment to long term doley’s.
That’s another story though.

But any payments or funds to keep people employed or business afloat, I’m happy to wear the cost for years to come.
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:38 am

unbelievable we are nearing 90k deaths world wide!!! :(
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:39 am

Booney wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
MW wrote:

It'll be a lot longer but I don't care, we have to look after the here and now and worry about what impact it has later, we can't have people losing their homes or going to sleep hungry. That's not how our country works.

You can expect a rise in the GST and luxury items like cigarettes and grog are bound to sky rocket.

I think you might be right with more than 15 years unfortunately.

I’m happy to pay extra tax in any form to assist moving forward though.
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:43 am

amber_fluid wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:

I don’t get the payment to long term doley’s.
That’s another story though.

But any payments or funds to keep people employed or business afloat, I’m happy to wear the cost for years to come.

That's my only gripe, they aren't being disadvantaged.

I'm actually using this time to be smarter with my money and not take things for granted, I haven't been disadvantaged, I haven't stockpiled, I did buy an extra slab on two different visits to put away just incase the bottle shops close for any length of time but as a whole I'm trying to distinguish how much money I actually used to waste each month.

I like a beer, I like a punt and I love going to the pub, it's going to be interesting to see the difference now as whenever I had a win I'd take the missus out for dinner, go to the shop the next day to buy her a dress or some perfume, some shit for the house and a couple of things for myself, I can't do any of them anymore.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion