Coronavirus (Covid19)

Anything!

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby Booney » Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:50 am

daysofourlives wrote:
In other news it is possible that those vaccinated are no longer classed as human with your modified RNA and infact you are now patented and have given up all your rights.

Do you have evidence to support this claim?

I'll offer you mine.

https://www.reuters.com/article/factche ... SL1N2M61HW

By the way, I've asked for a few pieces of evidence, yet to get any. Can't say I'm surprised, you're full of shit.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7466 times
Been liked: 10754 times

Postby stan » Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:34 am

daysofourlives wrote:
RB wrote:I have a few thoughts regarding employers making vaccines mandatory for employees (in the sense that the employee will be dismissed if they don't get vaccinated).

For starters, I wouldn't support any law that actually mandated vaccination for the general public, as in, everyone was forced to take the jab.

In that sense I agree that people should have the freedom to choose whether they undergo a particular medical procedure.

However, freedom works both ways.

If - as I think should be the case - people are able to choose whether they get vaccinated - then I think employers should also be able to decide they don't wish to employ unvaccinated workers, certainly in respect of new employees - e.g. I support the freedom of employers to choose to hire only fully vaccinated folks - and to some extent also in terms of existing employees, particularly where spreading viruses is more likely or has more serious consequences - e.g. roles where you have contact with lots of members of the public, roles which require lots of travel, the health sector, etc.

I suspect that any employers proposing to make vaccination a condition of continued employment have probably been advised they're on safe ground legally - à la the construction company making hard hats mandatory - but either way, I don't think such a condition is any different to the sort of obligations required in most codes of conduct - not showing up to work drunk, following various safety procedures, wearing safety equipment, not endangering other employees or members of the public. We don't usually question these 'mandates'.

Ultimately, as someone mentioned above, employers are way more concerned with money than ideology. If they think it's going to cost them more not to make vaccination an employment condition, then obviously they're going to move to minimize their liability risk.

I think some folks have failed to look at the 'flip side' of the 'freedom' argument. Surely if we accept - as I do - that people are free to refuse the jab, then others are also free to try to limit their contact with unvaccinated folks? And surely employers, and for that matter pubs, restaurants, shops, and really all businesses are free to exclude certain people if they feel that they pose a safety risk?

It just seems a total hyprocisy to me to say that, on the one hand, people have the freedom not to get vaccinated, but that on the other hand, other people aren't free to exclude the unvaccinated from their workplaces, places of business etc.

(Of course there need to be exemptions for the very small number of people who may be unable to get vaccinated for medical reasons or age.)

The thing youre missing is that despite being double vaccinated you can still be carrying it and still catch it. It doesnt mean you are not a risk to anyone else. For the sake of this argument you actually could be crook as a dog and actually have covid but youre still allowed entry or to work and they cant stop you if you have that green tick
If its about reducing the risk to the public and employees then surely a rapid antigen test before starting work is the safest option? This would cover any work health safety obligations, absolutely no need for mandating vaccination.

In other news it is possible that those vaccinated are no longer classed as human with your modified RNA and infact you are now patented and have given up all your rights.
I would agree you about the rapid tests, should be using them now. Would be fairly simple really.

As for the claim a our the nRMA vacs and how they work. There's a few white papers that I've been peer reviewed that takes about how they work to produce the proteins in the body and get the body to create the antibodies.

If you re keen I can post a link to one of them if you have the time to read them.

As for that last paragraph, I really enjoy your work on here and yes you are a bit out there. But this one is even a bit out there for you.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby RB » Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:33 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
RB wrote:I think some folks have failed to look at the 'flip side' of the 'freedom' argument. Surely if we accept - as I do - that people are free to refuse the jab, then others are also free to try to limit their contact with unvaccinated folks? And surely employers, and for that matter pubs, restaurants, shops, and really all businesses are free to exclude certain people if they feel that they pose a safety risk?

The thing youre missing is that despite being double vaccinated you can still be carrying it and still catch it. It doesnt mean you are not a risk to anyone else. For the sake of this argument you actually could be crook as a dog and actually have covid but youre still allowed entry or to work and they cant stop you if you have that green tick
If its about reducing the risk to the public and employees then surely a rapid antigen test before starting work is the safest option? This would cover any work health safety obligations, absolutely no need for mandating vaccination.

I know that the vaccines are not 100% effective. And I hope that the pandemic will lead to a change in work culture whereby those who are crook as a dog aren't expected to rock up for work any longer. And I've got no problems with rapid antigen tests (assuming they're as accurate as a conventional COVID-19 test) before starting work either, and yes that could be a better way of doing things than making being vaccinated a condition of employment.

However, my point is that, if people are free to remain unvaccinated - which I think they should be - then surely it follows that businesses have the freedom not to employ those who aren't - for pretty much any reason I would've thought, but particularly for safety - even if as you say, daily rapid antigen tests are viable.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:37 pm

RB wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:
RB wrote:I think some folks have failed to look at the 'flip side' of the 'freedom' argument. Surely if we accept - as I do - that people are free to refuse the jab, then others are also free to try to limit their contact with unvaccinated folks? And surely employers, and for that matter pubs, restaurants, shops, and really all businesses are free to exclude certain people if they feel that they pose a safety risk?

I know that the vaccines are not 100% effective. And I hope that the pandemic will lead to a change in work culture whereby those who are crook as a dog aren't expected to rock up for work any longer. And I've got no problems with rapid antigen tests (assuming they're as accurate as a conventional COVID-19 test) before starting work either, and yes that could be a better way of doing things than making being vaccinated a condition of employment.

However, my point is that, if people are free to remain unvaccinated - which I think they should be - then surely it follows that businesses have the freedom not to employ those who aren't - for pretty much any reason I would've thought, but particularly for safety - even if as you say, daily rapid antigen tests are viable.

I've never been asked to prove my triple antigen or TB vaccines
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Booney » Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:47 pm

stan wrote:I would agree you about the rapid tests, should be using them now. Would be fairly simple really.

From memory around $30-35 depending on supplier, not cheap for employers to be hitting up staff with every day.

Interesting to note 93% of people over 16 in NSW have had their first jab, 85% are fully jabbed. Either the nutters are less than we think or the nutters are getting on board.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:48 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:

There wasn't any Facebook back then to spook people with mistruths.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby RB » Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:20 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:
RB wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

OK. Is that meant to be an argument against employers being able to choose who they do and don't employ?
RB
Coach

Postby Armchair expert » Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:29 pm

daysofourlives wrote:In other news it is possible that those vaccinated are no longer classed as human with your modified RNA and infact you are now patented and have given up all your rights.

This is true, I've been feeling a bit cyborg'ish lately
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 379 times
Been liked: 1414 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby stan » Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:51 pm

Armchair expert wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:In other news it is possible that those vaccinated are no longer classed as human with your modified RNA and infact you are now patented and have given up all your rights.

My dick isn't any bigger though. Missus isn't happy.

You blokes ******* lied to me
stan
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:01 am

stan wrote:
Armchair expert wrote:

Read the fine print
Clearly says you will “be a bigger prick” not “get a bigger prick”
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby stan » Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:07 am

Jim05 wrote:
stan wrote:
Armchair expert wrote:

Read the fine print
Clearly says you will “be a bigger prick” not “get a bigger prick”
Hahha some early morning gold from you Jim.
stan
Coach

Postby Trader » Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:38 am

@@Jim_05, what's the 1:15pm press conference about?

New case and another lockdown?
Or finally a defined roadmap out of this madness?
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby RB » Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:42 am

Roadmap, according to 7 News Adelaide Twitter.
RB
Coach

Postby Armchair expert » Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:47 am

Hope we get to **** these masks off asap
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 379 times
Been liked: 1414 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby The Bedge » Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:49 am

Armchair expert wrote:Hope we get to **** these masks off asap

You're funny.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby amber_fluid » Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:52 am

Kids no longer have to wear them to school as of yesterday
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:57 am

amber_fluid wrote:

Kids no longer have to wear them to school as of yesterday

HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach