Coronavirus (Covid19)

Anything!

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby Spargo » Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:18 pm

Starting to hit home at my work. Rock up this morning & 3 blokes I was talking to yesterday - gone. Just like that. Two of them had no idea it was coming. Let go at end of the day, f#cking awful.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5485 times
Been liked: 5124 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Booney » Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:19 pm

locky801 wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:Can anyone see the shut down ending any time soon?

Not until the end of April at least in S.A., depends on numbers if it extends longer

I'd say the end of June is more likely given we're heading into the winter months and health services will have the extra burden of the 'flu season upon them.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10780 times

Postby football tragic » Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:19 pm

I can see end of April restriction back to small numbers re opening of café, pubs at half capacity and the a trial period of 4 weeks through may to track the progression
If our health care service is keeping up through may and community transmission is still not too high
June will be almost back to normal apart from mass crowds like AFL etc which will more than likely be crowdless until finals at least.
football tragic
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Barossa District

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:23 pm

football tragic wrote:I can see end of April restriction back to small numbers re opening of café, pubs at half capacity and the a trial period of 4 weeks through may to track the progression
If our health care service is keeping up through may and community transmission is still not too high
June will be almost back to normal apart from mass crowds like AFL etc which will more than likely be crowdless until finals at least.

Whenever the restrictions are lifted it wont be on a national level.

Tassie will be the first to loosen the screws and then us, NSW is completely shagged and will be a long way behind everyone else, Victoria is going to take some time to reign the numbers in too, the AFL wont go ahead as a home and away series.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby The Bedge » Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:33 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:Whenever the restrictions are lifted it wont be on a national level..

Agree, and measures like border control will remain in place.

Interestingly, I just got a phone call discussing contingency plans should borders go into a complete shut out should it eventuate.

Also informed Shires near the borders of SA/QLD and NSW are also installing padlocked gates to prevent people crossing.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4001 times

Postby Jim05 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:38 pm

Spargo wrote:Starting to hit home at my work. Rock up this morning & 3 blokes I was talking to yesterday - gone. Just like that. Two of them had no idea it was coming. Let go at end of the day, f#cking awful.
Thought you guys would be flat out?
Inbound airfreight was at record levels today
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Spargo » Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:48 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Spargo wrote:Starting to hit home at my work. Rock up this morning & 3 blokes I was talking to yesterday - gone. Just like that. Two of them had no idea it was coming. Let go at end of the day, f#cking awful.
Thought you guys would be flat out?
Inbound airfreight was at record levels today

I’m still flat out, other areas have dropped with retail closing. Management trying to keep ahead of the dip.
Today was a massive day as you said.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5485 times
Been liked: 5124 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby JK » Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:53 pm

One article I read yesterday (maybe the day before) from memory had Stephen Marshall referencing a reduction of restrictions along the lines of "The states have agreed that decision will be made at a commonwealth level" (paraphrasing).

If thats the case, you'd think nothing will be changing until NSW gets under control.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4460 times
Been liked: 2988 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby am Bays » Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:54 pm

Booney wrote:
locky801 wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:Can anyone see the shut down ending any time soon?

Not until the end of April at least in S.A., depends on numbers if it extends longer

I'd say the end of June is more likely given we're heading into the winter months and health services will have the extra burden of the 'flu season upon them.

End of June at the earliest but unlikely

Whats going to start to occur is a widening of the testing criteria to capture the community acquired cases. So the numbers around Australia will remain constant until the end of May. May even rise as a response to the widening testing regime.

A heads up on Department of health planning across the country, they are planning for this pandemic response until the end of winter, at least.

We wont go into a recovery phase until Sept a the earliest.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 163 times
Been liked: 1812 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:04 pm

JK wrote:One article I read yesterday (maybe the day before) from memory had Stephen Marshall referencing a reduction of restrictions along the lines of "The states have agreed that decision will be made at a commonwealth level" (paraphrasing).

If thats the case, you'd think nothing will be changing until NSW gets under control.

Shit mate, I reckon I'd just about nut myself if we have to wait for them neanderthals.

Do you have a spare room?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby JK » Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:06 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
JK wrote:One article I read yesterday (maybe the day before) from memory had Stephen Marshall referencing a reduction of restrictions along the lines of "The states have agreed that decision will be made at a commonwealth level" (paraphrasing).

Shit mate, I reckon I'd just about nut myself if we have to wait for them neanderthals.

Do you have a spare room?

Yeah bud, maybe we can house swap, I'm not sure both the missus and myself will both survive many more months together
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:14 pm

JK wrote:
Yeah bud, maybe we can house swap, I'm not sure both the missus and myself will both survive many more months together

I can only just tolerate my fiery missus and that's with going to work, her daughter has moved in with us and is twice as fiery as her mum, and they argue constantly, and that's just how they talk to each other apparently.

I've began setting up my own space in the adjoining carport, I've gradually put more things out there bit by bit, I have a fridge, a laptop and a playstation all set up, I just need to work out how to lock the door from the outside.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby whufc » Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:18 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
JK wrote:

I can only just tolerate my fiery missus and that's with going to work, her daughter has moved in with us and is twice as fiery as her mum, and they argue constantly, and that's just how they talk to each other apparently.

I've began setting up my own space in the adjoining carport, I've gradually put more things out there bit by bit, I have a fridge, a laptop and a playstation all set up, I just need to work out how to lock the door from the outside.

Sounds like my partner and her mother.

They have one tone to each other 'argumentative' and one volume to one another 'loud'.

The saving grace is i cant understand a word they say as the angrier they get the thicker the northern irish accent gets. No wonder the country has been at war for years.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Booney » Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:25 pm

Miss and Mrs Boon the same.

I spend too much time yelling "Why are you both yelling?"
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:28 pm

whufc wrote:Sounds like my partner and her mother.

They have one tone to each other 'argumentative' and one volume to one another 'loud'.

The saving grace is i cant understand a word they say as the angrier they get the thicker the northern irish accent gets. No wonder the country has been at war for years.

I got told off for being too chirpy in the morning, my wife isn't a morning person, but then again, she's not much of an afternoon person either.

We basically have a schedule in the morning of when one has the kitchen and the other has the bathroom, at 6:35 it's time to swap if we haven't by then.

I've barely been drinking lately so often I wake up at 5 so I'm outta there as quick as I can.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby JK » Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:06 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
JK wrote:

Yep, I've come into work today for the first time in 4 weeks just to do us both a favour.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby whufc » Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:11 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
whufc wrote:Sounds like my partner and her mother.

I got told off for being too chirpy in the morning, my wife isn't a morning person, but then again, she's not much of an afternoon person either.

We basically have a schedule in the morning of when one has the kitchen and the other has the bathroom, at 6:35 it's time to swap if we haven't by then.

I've barely been drinking lately so often I wake up at 5 so I'm outta there as quick as I can.

Yeah i get the same from mine. She stays up to 3am watching netflix, tik tok and then gets up set when i am up and about at 7am.

Like i say to her, you better get use to mornings because there is going to be one every day you live whether you like it or not :lol:
whufc
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:12 pm

What if she sleeps until noon every day?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:13 pm

Are there any females in the world that enjoy mornings?
They’re all the same.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2227 times
Been liked: 2523 times

Postby whufc » Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:16 pm

Booney wrote:What if she sleeps until noon every day?

Its still morning in her world hahahaha.
whufc
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion