Coronavirus (Covid19)

Anything!

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby am Bays » Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:57 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
am Bays wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
The information supplied is only 100% accurate 70% of the the time, only 50% of them occasions depend who made the RAT.

What's your standard error of estimate on those percentages? ;)

43%

So rounding to the nearest 100, basically 0% accurate then....
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1809 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Mon Mar 07, 2022 4:28 pm

Wedgie wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:What Pfizer didn't want you to know for 75 years

https://au.finance.yahoo.com/news/chd-says-pfizer-fda-dropped-205400826.html

Not a great source. Credibility zero.

Children's Health Defense is an American 501 nonprofit activist group mainly known for anti-vaccine activities and has been identified as one of the main sources of misinformation on vaccines.

Well, if you are credibility of the "source" then you mean the FDA. CHD aren't the source.

https://news.bloomberglaw.com/health-la ... ata-pronto

chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/viewer.html?pdfurl=https%3A%2F%2Fchildrenshealthdefense.org%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fpfizer-doc-5.3.6-postmarketing-experience.pdf%23page%3D30&clen=1007157&chunk=true

And Wikipedia is such a credible source...........
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1072 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Dutchy » Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:06 pm

FIL tested positive tonight, at 81 its a bit of a concern but considering how social he is it was only a mater of time TBH
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2322 times
Been liked: 3496 times

Postby Mythical Creature » Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:58 pm

Here we go again :(

Son has bought it home from school. Its been more than 8 weeks since I had my positive test so I can now be a close contact. 14 days, going to test tomorrow in the hope of going positive to spend less time in iso.
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby stan » Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:15 pm

Mythical Creature wrote:Here we go again :(

Son has bought it home from school. Its been more than 8 weeks since I had my positive test so I can now be a close contact. 14 days, going to test tomorrow in the hope of going positive to spend less time in iso.
Pretty unlikely for you to test positive. U less it's a different strain completely you'll have too many antibodies. The exemption period really needs to go out to 6 months.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Pag » Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:46 pm

Schools starting to really struggle with staffing numbers due to contracting/close contacting.

Wouldn't surprise if the vaccine mandate gets dropped (like the police force) or close contacts rules change. If not, you may see students of particular year levels or even whole schools being at home for periods again.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby Mythical Creature » Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:07 pm

Pag wrote:Schools starting to really struggle with staffing numbers due to contracting/close contacting.

Wouldn't surprise if the vaccine mandate gets dropped (like the police force) or close contacts rules change. If not, you may see students of particular year levels or even whole schools being at home for periods again.

Due to the numbers in my sons class, yesterday sa health via the school asked for every kid that isn't already positive in that class to have a pcr by today.

I would bet over half the cases now would be coming via school.

I probably won't catch it again, so hoping the mrs and daughter go positive today so that they get the 8 week immunity and make me highly unlikely to be a close contact
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby Trader » Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:01 pm

Mythical Creature wrote:
Pag wrote:Schools starting to really struggle with staffing numbers due to contracting/close contacting.

Due to the numbers in my sons class, yesterday sa health via the school asked for every kid that isn't already positive in that class to have a pcr by today.

I probably won't catch it again, so hoping the mrs and daughter go positive today so that they get the 8 week immunity and make me highly unlikely to be a close contact

SA Heath pushed a testing blitz over the last 3 days trying to get the numbers up knowing today was the big announcement for relaxed restrictions leading into the election.
Thankfully Stevens didn't fall for it and proceeded with the majority of the planned relaxing.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Jim05 » Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:02 pm

Trader wrote:
Mythical Creature wrote:

SA Heath pushed a testing blitz over the last 3 days trying to get the numbers up knowing today was the big announcement for relaxed restrictions leading into the election.
Thankfully Stevens didn't fall for it and proceeded with the majority of the planned relaxing.
The continued wearing of masks will ultimately be Marshall’s downfall.
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Trader » Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:06 pm

That will be one of many reasons he goes.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Jim05 » Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:12 pm

Trader wrote:That will be one of many reasons he goes.
I think it will be the main reason. People have simply had enough of it
Jim05
Coach

Postby Armchair expert » Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:15 pm

I'd say 1% of people are using masks correctly, ie. wearing properly + n95 + not reusing
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 383 times
Been liked: 1435 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby am Bays » Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:17 pm

Attachments
deckchair.jpg
deckchair.jpg (45 KiB) Viewed 717 times
beer snacks.jpg
beer snacks.jpg (52.91 KiB) Viewed 717 times
beers on ice.jpg
beers on ice.jpg (28.07 KiB) Viewed 717 times
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1809 times

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:18 pm

Armchair expert wrote:I'd say 1% of people are using masks correctly, ie. wearing properly + n95 + not reusing

I’ve had the same disposal mask for 18 months.
Haven’t caught Covid yet
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2224 times
Been liked: 2519 times

Postby stan » Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:24 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Not sure Masks will be the issue that will cost them.

Could be the massive over the top way SA health handle everything, the dodgy crap going on with some of his MPs and the fact they have imploded.

He looked to attend to the health system but only made some changes to reverse Labor decisions that seemed to be popular and had good optics. The addition of the "screen" as part of the landscaping at the RAH to hide the ambulance bay is a disgrace.

He promot to open up resivors but ignored the issues and tried to to it anyway and ended up in a debacle at Hope Valley where 1/4 of it is opened as they provided no funding to attend to the rest of the place.

Just half assing thing for the optics.

Basketball stadium, Christ read the room.
stan
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:30 pm

stan wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

Could be the massive over the top way SA health handle everything, the dodgy crap going on with some of his MPs and the fact they have imploded.

He looked to attend to the health system but only made some changes to reverse Labor decisions that seemed to be popular and had good optics. The addition of the "screen" as part of the landscaping at the RAH to hide the ambulance bay is a disgrace.

He promot to open up resivors but ignored the issues and tried to to it anyway and ended up in a debacle at Hope Valley where 1/4 of it is opened as they provided no funding to attend to the rest of the place.

You give the average voter to much credit. Most of them aren’t aware/couldn’t care about other issues but the mask rules and the hit on hospitality is front and centre for many
Jim05
Coach

Postby someguy1 » Thu Mar 10, 2022 6:14 pm

Jim05 wrote:
stan wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

You give the average voter to much credit. Most of them aren’t aware/couldn’t care about other issues but the mask rules and the hit on hospitality is front and centre for many

Killing the 500 before everything went to hell was strike one for a lot of people (Geez that feels like a long time ago)

Since, pizza guy lockdown for a whole 2 cases, not opening up 100% before the borders opened and now quarantine rules different to the rest of the country. Even today they had the chance to fix that but no, close contacts still 14 days. Marshall might not be making those calls but if he goes those will be the reasons for me.
someguy1
Under 16s

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 45 times

Postby locky801 » Thu Mar 10, 2022 6:19 pm

But we can dance and sing, even hold hands now and you can guarantee next weeks announcement will be the end of masks ;)
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3698 times
Been liked: 1165 times

Postby Brodlach » Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:08 pm

Agree, just in time for the election
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby stan » Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm

And just like that, if you are Covid positive it's only 7 days iso for you.

All restrictions probably gone by mid next week to allow it all to soak in before next weekend.
stan
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion