Coronavirus (Covid19)

Anything!

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Dec 17, 2021 8:52 am

daysofourlives wrote:So why is a traveller from NSW out having tea at a restauraunt awaiting a covid test result after flying in?

Why the f dont we have the rapid antigen test at the airport when they get off the plane? Its like they want to half stop it getting in, much like getting half pregnant

Just heard this tit-bit.

Pat Cummins was out Tuesday night dining with some of our heirachy from other divisions.

Some dude was dining on the next table, he had been tested in the morning but was allowed to roam free in society until his result came through, it came through while he was there, he got up and walked over to Cummins and showed him the text he received.

What a schmozzle, probably should've just said nothing and went home.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Jim05 » Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:03 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:So why is a traveller from NSW out having tea at a restauraunt awaiting a covid test result after flying in?

Why the f dont we have the rapid antigen test at the airport when they get off the plane? Its like they want to half stop it getting in, much like getting half pregnant

Just heard this tit-bit.

Pat Cummins was out Tuesday night dining with some of our heirachy from other divisions.

Some dude was dining on the next table, he had been tested in the morning but was allowed to roam free in society until his result came through, it came through while he was there, he got up and walked over to Cummins and showed him the text he received.

As all would have used QR check in it would then take SA Health 2-3 days to track down Cummins via camera footage etc and then he would be removed from play in the middle of the test which is worse
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:14 am

Jim05 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Just heard this tit-bit.

As all would have used QR check in it would then take SA Health 2-3 days to track down Cummins via camera footage etc and then he would be removed from play in the middle of the test which is worse

Not if he had already skittled them for the first innings.

I don't get into the political bullshit but the varying rules from state to state would make us look embarrassing to other countries.

To be able to travel freely to SA from a state copping thousands of new cases daily and not isolate until proven positive just baffles me.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby locky801 » Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:25 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Just heard this tit-bit.

I don't get into the political bullshit but the varying rules from state to state would make us look embarrassing to other countries.

To be able to travel freely to SA from a state copping thousands of new cases daily and not isolate until proven positive just baffles me.

called an upcoming election
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3698 times
Been liked: 1165 times

Postby stan » Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:52 am

locky801 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:[quote="daysofourlives"]So why is a traveller from NSW out having tea at a restauraunt awaiting a covid test result after flying in?

Just heard this tit-bit.

called an upcoming election[/quote]Marshall is getting desperate, he's trying to get more votes from bed wetters now.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Booney » Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:23 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:I don't get into the political bullshit but the varying rules from state to state would make us look embarrassing to other countries.

I disagree, I don't care what anyone else thinks of our approach, in SA we've had 4 deaths from COVID and the death tolls around the world show we've put the value of life above all else and I'm ok with that.

Having said that now we have to take more calculated risks as our population vaccination rates rise. Time to move on.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7491 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby king neptune » Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:55 am

Should've just kept the borders closed till 2022. What we have now is 'have your empty plate and no cake too'
NO AMOUNT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL MANIPULATION, HORMONAL OR SURGICAL MUTILATION WILL EVER CHANGE A PERSON'S GENDER
king neptune
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 26 times
Grassroots Team: Kilburn

Postby Armchair expert » Fri Dec 17, 2021 11:13 am

"Premier Steven Marshall has announced that SA will remove a raft of restrictions from December 28 – the date it predicts we will reach a 90 per cent fully vaccinated target.

From that date, the home gatherings cap, which has been at 30, will be completely removed and Covid management events will go from 1000 people to 3000.

People will be able to drink standing up and dance in pubs.

Fully vaccinated seated venues, such as restaurants, will be allowed to have 100 per cent capacity.

Fully vaccinated nightclub venues will be allowed to have 50 per cent capacity.

Masks will remain for all indoor public areas “at the moment”. "

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/sou ... 10c3522207
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 383 times
Been liked: 1435 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Dec 17, 2021 11:23 am

king neptune wrote:Should've just kept the borders closed till 2022. What we have now is 'have your empty plate and no cake too'

Til at least after the cricket or Christmas.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Fri Dec 17, 2021 11:25 am

Restaurants can be full and we stand and drink but nightclubs will only be 50% capacity.
That makes heaps of sense! :roll: :roll:
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2224 times
Been liked: 2519 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Dec 17, 2021 11:28 am

Booney wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:I don't get into the political bullshit but the varying rules from state to state would make us look embarrassing to other countries.

I disagree, I don't care what anyone else thinks of our approach, in SA we've had 4 deaths from COVID and the death tolls around the world show we've put the value of life above all else and I'm ok with that.

Having said that now we have to take more calculated risks as our population vaccination rates rise. Time to move on.

There is that aspect, I was pertaining to the inconsistency between states, Sicktoria has basically employed anarchy on COVID after being super strict for so long and we're led by a bunch of mindless banana's who just roll the dice each day to come up with a new strategy.

I certainly prefer being where we are atm but our freedom is going to be very limited.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:11 pm

Armchair expert wrote:"Premier Steven Marshall has announced that SA will remove a raft of restrictions from December 28 – the date it predicts we will reach a 90 per cent fully vaccinated target.

From that date, the home gatherings cap, which has been at 30, will be completely removed and Covid management events will go from 1000 people to 3000.

People will be able to drink standing up and dance in pubs.

Fully vaccinated seated venues, such as restaurants, will be allowed to have 100 per cent capacity.

Fully vaccinated nightclub venues will be allowed to have 50 per cent capacity.

Masks will remain for all indoor public areas “at the moment”. "

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/sou ... 10c3522207

Cant wait for the PR video of Miss Nicola doing this :heart:
Hopefully she'll wear a pair of LQ's new Barbarella Vinyl Look Shaping Legging
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1072 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Jimmy_041 » Fri Dec 17, 2021 1:30 pm

So, our borders are open and we only allow double vaccinated people in
Nek minnit, we have 64 cases

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/coronavi ... e3cf420f6e

Only double vaccinated people allowed to Adelaide Oval

Miss Nicola says this:

She said positive cases were almost certain at the Adelaide Test. “To be perfectly frank, I would be very surprised if we have zero cases at the cricket, I think we will have cases of people that have come from New South Wales or Victoria.”

I thought this is the "Pandemic of the unvaccinated"
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1072 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby heater31 » Fri Dec 17, 2021 1:51 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:
Miss Nicola says this:

She said positive cases were almost certain at the Adelaide Test. “To be perfectly frank, I would be very surprised if we have zero cases at the cricket, I think we will have cases of people that have come from New South Wales or Victoria.”

It's the reason I've cancelled plans to attend. I've spent 48 hours in the past 14 days with the dark cloud over my head waiting for test results from two different States.

Be ****** if I'm going to major venues when people from infested locations are freely out and about waiting for a test result.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby Booney » Fri Dec 17, 2021 2:13 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:

There is that aspect, I was pertaining to the inconsistency between states, Sicktoria has basically employed anarchy on COVID after being super strict for so long and we're led by a bunch of mindless banana's who just roll the dice each day to come up with a new strategy.

I certainly prefer being where we are atm but our freedom is going to be very limited.

Victoria has been in lockdown for something like 250 days and nearly 1500 deaths, we're going just fine.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7491 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby amber_fluid » Fri Dec 17, 2021 2:23 pm

heater31 wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:
Miss Nicola says this:

It's the reason I've cancelled plans to attend. I've spent 48 hours in the past 14 days with the dark cloud over my head waiting for test results from two different States.

Be ****** if I'm going to major venues when people from infested locations are freely out and about waiting for a test result.

I was going the cricket tomorrow but I’m in bloody iso now.
Oh well I guess I’ll watch it on TV and save a few $$
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Dec 17, 2021 2:42 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
heater31 wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:
Miss Nicola says this:

I was going the cricket tomorrow but I’m in bloody iso now.
Oh well I guess I’ll watch it on TV and save a few $$

Was there a attendee at Strats?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Fri Dec 17, 2021 2:46 pm

No checking in and cash only ;)
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Fri Dec 17, 2021 4:59 pm

amber_fluid wrote:No checking in and cash only ;)

Cant go wrong
Had a discussion at work the other day with the boss. She was saying im at risk of getting 14days off if im a close contact. I said yeah work bothers me too, its the only place where im at risk of getting 14days off. She had no idea what i meant
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Wedgie » Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:07 pm

With the ultimatum given today I can't see any pubs or clubs letting unvaccinated in the door from Dec 28.
I'm going to have a blast turning a couple of ferals away. :D
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2042 times
Been liked: 3887 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion