Coronavirus (Covid19)

Anything!

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby Dutchy » Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:29 am

bulldogproud wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
bulldogproud wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Still no evidence of community spread of CV in Australia, every case so far has been linked to an OS traveller.

Well, hardly surprising, look at the categories you need to fulfil for testing: You have to have been overseas to be tested, or be a contact of a person who has travelled overseas (which of course is listed as being linked to an OS traveller).
If you can't be tested unless you are linked to an OS traveller, then it is impossible for them to have anyone else; it isn't rocket science ;)

And figures back up that this is the right approach.

How is that so? That doesn't make sense at all!!

The reason that they haven't found any community spread is simply because they have not tried testing for any community spread. That doesn't mean there isn't community spread. In fact, it is believed that there is ten times as much community spread as people who have been tested so far... and a lot of this has been through asymptomatic community spread.
Cheers

If what you are saying is true, then why aren't these people getting admitted to hospitals? why aren't they dying?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3484 times

Postby Dutchy » Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:32 am

Q. wrote:Remember those Yanks that tested positive in the Barossa and were meant to be self isolating?

They hired a mini-bus and drove to Sydney and attempted to fly back to the US. AFP stopped them at the airport. 4 of them work in the medical profession.

I hoped they get slapped with massive fines.

All of them? Idiots. I thought I read a few of them were quite critical?

They were staying at a $400 a night place, expensive isolation!
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Mr Beefy » Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:47 am

Dutchy wrote:
Q. wrote:Remember those Yanks that tested positive in the Barossa and were meant to be self isolating?

They hired a mini-bus and drove to Sydney and attempted to fly back to the US. AFP stopped them at the airport. 4 of them work in the medical profession.

Some were taken to NRAH on Sunday
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 404 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Q. » Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:48 am

Jimmy_041 wrote:Virus crisis signals end of the road for the 'lollipop economy'

John Roskam
Columnist
Mar 23, 2020 – 12.32pm

Further confirmation that the AFR is rabid - using community fear to push a fossil fuel and business council agenda.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby cracka » Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:51 am

Is that definitely for real. I couldn't find any reports on it. Unless the authorities are keeping it quiet for their safety
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby bulldogproud » Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:54 am

To answer Dutchy as best I can (sorry, too many quotes in his post):

I should just add that this is my limited understanding (just been following it a bit because of my vested interest due to one who is awaiting test results). I could be totally wrong... and probably am! ;) :D

Sadly, as time goes on, they will be. I just saw the exact point I am making stated on ABC News TV by a Professor of Infectious Diseases.

You have to remember that there is a lag of up to two weeks between a person first contracting Covid-19 and then showing signs of infection.. then hopefully quite a bit more of a lag until they reach the point of death (but hopefully don't).

First cases would have been overseas, then the next would have been contact with those people from overseas. These are the cases tested so far. Next will come the community spread cases.

Remember, to contract Covid-19, you must have contracted it from someone, and it did start overseas. So, it firstly is contracted by a person overseas, then gets spread to a person in contact with them (still considered to be an overseas contact case)... then the next stage will be a community transference (from a person who had a contact with a person who had a contact with someone from overseas). This stage will be referred to as a community transference. So, it takes time, but unfortunately it does happen.... and these will be kicking in shortly sadly.

At the current time, this community transference is likely to have commenced. I, indeed, because I am over 50 and in three major risk areas (diabetic, obese and with respiratory problems) was one of the very first 'possible community contacts' to be tested. I am currently in self-isolation.

Even Steven Marshall, in his interview this morning, stated that there would definitely be community spread cases in SA and these will become more known as testing of them occurs.

Hoping this makes sense.

Cheers
Last edited by bulldogproud on Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A Bulldog in winter; a WTDCC Eagle and OICC Wolf in Summer!
bulldogproud
League - Top 5

Has liked: 489 times
Been liked: 401 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby cracka » Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:55 am

Does anyone know if horse racing racing has been suspended also. That'll really mess with the missus & I sitting at home on the punt.
cracka
Veteran

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:55 am

Dutchy wrote:

try $700+ per night!... The Louise is the most expensive accommodation in the Barossa
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby cracka » Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:57 am

cracka wrote:Does anyone know if horse racing racing has been suspended also. That'll really mess with the missus & I sitting at home on the punt.

All good. Wife just checked & racing is still ok for now
cracka
Veteran

Postby whufc » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:22 pm

Actually throw them in jail.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Pag » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:25 pm

Only 49% attendance at my school site today, 51% at home.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 498 times

Postby amber_fluid » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:32 pm

Pag wrote:Only 49% attendance at my school site today, 51% at home.

Is that 6% up from yesterday?
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby bulldogproud » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:36 pm

amber_fluid wrote:

Is that 6% up from yesterday?

Still only one student missing from Year 12 Accounting lessons at Iggies (out of 27).
I think they want to go because they know their teacher isn't there ;)
bulldogproud
League - Top 5

Postby beef » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:44 pm

Similar numbers where my mrs is an SSO. Do you think PS attendance is lower than High Schools?
Every person i know in DECS think they should close, just typical teachers Pag? ;)
beef
League - Best 21

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 253 times

Postby bulldogproud » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:05 pm

beef wrote:

Similar numbers where my mrs is an SSO. Do you think PS attendance is lower than High Schools?
Every person i know in DECS think they should close, just typical teachers Pag? ;)

Received a very full report from Iggies just then, including how long students are out for due to Covid-19.

Numbers absent from Years 7 to 9 are double those for Years 10 and Years 11 and only 7 Year 12 students, out of 150, are studying from home.

We only have an overall absentee rate of 17%.

Of those 17%:
Out till end of week: 30%
Out till end of term: 55%
Out indefinitely: 15%

Definitely a conscious decision to keep students at school from Year 10 onwards (all of these students have at least one SACE subject).

Cheers
Last edited by bulldogproud on Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bulldogproud
League - Top 5

Postby bulldogproud » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:11 pm

Anyone out there wanting to teach?

The following comes from InDaily:

'Casual and relief staff across the state have been sent emails from the agency telling them: “As a teacher currently registered on the department’s Employable Teacher Register, we are contacting you to check your availability to teach for the department at this current time”.

The message, seen by InDaily, asks them to indicate “if you are immediately available to teach on a temporary basis within a Government site”, seeking responses by close of business tomorrow.

It’s understood there has been forward planning put in place for the possibility of teachers walking off the job, with many raising concerns about remaining on the frontline as SA schools stay open.'
bulldogproud
League - Top 5

Postby Dutchy » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:16 pm

Honestly :roll:
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby amber_fluid » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:16 pm

bulldogproud wrote:
beef wrote:

Received a very full report from Iggies just then, including how long students are out for due to Covid-19.

Numbers absent from Years 7 to 9 are double those for Years 10 and Years 11 and only 7 Year 12 students, out of 150, are studying from home.

Of those 17%:

Definitely a conscious decision to keep students at school from Year 10 onwards (all of these students have at least one SACE subject).

Cheers

Do the figures differ for private V public schools?
Seems a higher rate of participation at private schools for people I’ve spoken too.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Jase » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:22 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
bulldogproud wrote:
beef wrote:

Of those 17%:

Cheers

Seems a higher rate of participation at private schools for people I’ve spoken too.

We are at 22% of students absent today...

Tracking along pretty well...
Jase
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1476 times
Been liked: 550 times

Postby LMA » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:25 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
bulldogproud wrote:
beef wrote:

Of those 17%:

Cheers

Like an all inclusive drink package, gotta get your moneys worth.
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion