Coronavirus (Covid19)

Anything!

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:04 pm

am Bays wrote:I note in the past fortnight QANTAS have extended their initial May 31 deadline to get an airfare credit on purchased tickets, to July 31.

Probably gives an indication on how long travel restrictions will be in place for.

There is no way any indication is given any time soon, adding on a month or two is all we're going to hear for a while and rightly so.

I couldn't even imagine what KPI's the nation would have to achieve for any restrictions to be lifted and then it will be a state by state thing.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Jim05 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:14 pm

am Bays wrote:I note in the past fortnight QANTAS have extended their initial May 31 deadline to get an airfare credit on purchased tickets, to July 31.

Probably gives an indication on how long travel restrictions will be in place for.
Speaking to Qantas people quite high up and they honestly don’t see international travel this year but are looking at domestic kicking back off around June/July
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:15 pm

Jim05 wrote:

Speaking to Qantas people quite high up and they honestly don’t see international travel this year but are looking at domestic kicking back off around June/July

I would hope not.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Jase » Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:18 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

I would hope not.

Well that's semi-officially put the kybosh on our trip to the UK at the end of the year...

We werent' expecting to be able to go anyway, or wouldn't go, as even if we could fly over there I would suggest that a majority of the "sights/sites" would be locked down anyway...
Jase
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1477 times
Been liked: 550 times

Postby LMA » Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:19 pm

Magellan wrote:
Booney wrote:Mr President, the American people are concerned about your response to COVID-19, how do you answer that criticism?

"We're already developing COVID-20, they say it's out in New York. They love it, just ask anyone. I'd rate it a ten out of ten. People say it's more biggly and the most massive-est COVID yet, better than the one from Chaiiiii-na."

Had to laugh at his response to COVID Tests. "They're Beautiful" :lol:

LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Magellan » Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:30 pm

Booney wrote:
Magellan wrote:
Booney wrote:Mr President, the American people are concerned about your response to COVID-19, how do you answer that criticism?

"We're already developing COVID-20, they say it's out in New York. They love it, just ask anyone. I'd rate it a ten out of ten. People say it's more biggly and the most massive-est COVID yet, better than the one from Chaiiiii-na."

Chyn-a. It's Chyn-a.

You say Chyn-a, I say Chaiiiii-na, let's call the whole thing off (or at least a hoax).
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby am Bays » Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:40 pm

Jase wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

I would hope not.

Well that's semi-officially put the kybosh on our trip to the UK at the end of the year...

We werent' expecting to be able to go anyway, or wouldn't go, as even if we could fly over there I would suggest that a majority of the "sights/sites" would be locked down anyway...

This year we've booked and paid for airfares to the US in Nov/Dec (got insurance). Expecting/hoping that we'll get them converted into credits that we can take the following year.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1807 times

Postby Booney » Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:45 pm

Jase wrote:

Australians could be blocked from going abroad until at least January, with the ban on international travel likely to stay until next year.

Holidaymakers should avoid booking any international travel during the coronavirus crisis, warned Tourism Minister Simon Birmingham.

'I wouldn't put any guarantees that you could undertake that overseas trip in December,' he told ABC's News
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7481 times
Been liked: 10770 times

Postby Jase » Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:47 pm

am Bays wrote:
Jase wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Speaking to Qantas people quite high up and they honestly don’t see international travel this year but are looking at domestic kicking back off around June/July

I would hope not.

This year we've booked and paid for airfares to the US in Nov/Dec (got insurance). Expecting/hoping that we'll get them converted into credits that we can take the following year.

We had booked in to the travel agent to finally book everything 3 days after the shutdown...

Thought we would see what would happen and if things would settle down quickly... Doesn't really seem to be the case, so we'll do it next year instead... 4 very very unhappy kids and and a very very very very very unhappy wife...
Jase
League - Best 21

Postby Pag » Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:49 pm

Booked return flights (on Feb 1) to Singapore leaving NYE. In some strife I reckon.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby tigerpie » Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:53 pm

First jail sentence for a bloke breaking iso to go see his girlfriend.
Think he got 2 weeks and a fine.
Hope she was worth it?
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 500 times
Been liked: 431 times

Postby Jase » Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:03 pm

tigerpie wrote:First jail sentence for a bloke breaking iso to go see his girlfriend.
Hope she was worth it?

Got 6 Months 2 weeks, with 5 Months 2 weeks suspended...

https://www.news.com.au/world/coronavirus/australia/coronavirus-wa-first-australian-jailed-for-breaching-covid19-rules/news-story/383fc642bd2e076da73746154f6c62ed
Jase
League - Best 21

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:12 pm

tigerpie wrote:First jail sentence for a bloke breaking iso to go see his girlfriend.
Hope she was worth it?

I wonder what he cops from the wife?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby football tragic » Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:24 pm

The whole reason behind Scomo pushing hard for schools to open is kids are the lowest risk to get the virus.
It is all part of getting back some normality to low risk groups
He will then assess after a few weeks the result of that before lifing the next restricitons whilst keeping an eye on the curve to manage the levels.
End of may will look a lot different with what you can and cant do.
anyone who thinks we will keep the gate locked as it is now with such low infection rate needs to dig their head out the sand.
football tragic
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Barossa District

Postby Mr Beefy » Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:31 pm

football tragic wrote: kids are the lowest risk to get the virus.

Is this true? Or they just dont exhibit symptoms as much as older people?
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby tipper » Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:10 pm

am Bays wrote:This year we've booked and paid for airfares to the US in Nov/Dec (got insurance). Expecting/hoping that we'll get them converted into credits that we can take the following year.

personally im hoping that we get the money back for the trip we had booked (would have been in NZ right now...). was going to be our first OS trip, even if it was only next door. at the moment, pretty much everything has been converted to credits, but the longer this all goes on the less enthusiastic i am feeling about it all.

rather the money back now, theres other things i could spend it on. i dont think it will happen, but i can dream cant i?
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby Booney » Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:24 pm

@Q.
Just announced by Marshall -
Testing blitz in the next two weeks in SA. Anyone demonstrating ANY symptoms associated with COVID-19 can now go to test points and be tested for the virus. If you have a cough, respiratory problems or a fever you can now go and be tested. For the next two weeks you will not need to pass any criteria regarding contact with a COVID positive person.

0 new cases today.
433 cases.
279 recovered.
10 people in hospital.
1 person in ICU, in a critical condition.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:35 pm

Some excellent results for our little state =D>
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2320 times
Been liked: 3494 times

Postby Booney » Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:38 pm

Dutchy wrote:Some excellent results for our little state =D>

The widening of the testing is great news.

1) It means we have lots of testing kits available
2) We're not keeping the ones we have for those who are under investigation (they've obviously been tested)
3) People who have concerns about their health can have them put to rest (even if they are unfounded, but what price peace of mind?)
4) SA Health are clearly thinking we've got positive cases tracked and traced

Of the 433 cases just 3 are now listed as under investigation of community transmission.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby scottroo » Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:48 pm

If the numbers stay low after the two weeks we are very well positioned to loosen lockdowns
scottroo
League - Best 21

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 172 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion