Coronavirus (Covid19)

Anything!

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby whufc » Fri May 01, 2020 2:44 pm

Whilst I can appreciate how the covid app will help I can’t help but feel disgruntled at the way Morrison is getting that message across.

Almost feels like his bribing/extorting me with my own freedom ‘download the app or else I’ll keep you lockdown longer’

Still unsure about this one.
Last edited by whufc on Fri May 01, 2020 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5586 times
Been liked: 2527 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby The Bedge » Fri May 01, 2020 2:46 pm

whufc wrote:Almost feels like his bribing me to have my own freedom app ‘download the app or else I’ll keep you lockdown longer’.

He is, coz there are just too many **** wits in this country who think they know best or are just thick, and need to be told like a child.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3996 times

Postby tipper » Fri May 01, 2020 2:47 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote: I flew back to Sydney for an X-Ray instead of sitting in the RAH all Saturday.

Is your pilot still allowed to fly your jet around?

All jokes aside, it was a ridiculous scenario

I did major damage to my shoulder on Friday night outside footy season
Tried to get an x-ray anywhere in SA.
Sportsmed didn't do x-rays on the weekend :shock:
Rang my sports doctor (who had left Sportsmed) and he said you can only get an x-ray in one of the hospitals outside of footy season.
Rang the RAH. Minimum 8 hour wait!
I flew back to Sydney on Monday morning and walked straight into an x-ray clinic and got it done - bulk billed!

could have walked into wakefield, memorial or north east hospitals (and probably several others) to get it done, but i doubt they would have bulk billed you.

also, there are many other public hospitals around that you could have waited at, and there may have been some with a shorter wait than teh reported 8 hours at the Rah.

any number of stand alone clinics in the metro area too, but i dont think they open weekends and im unsure if they bulk bill.

problem is you were trying to be a tightarse. if it was that bad, you could have paid for it at any number of places, could even have had it done friday night at wakefield (or now the new hospital on angas st) if you really wanted.
Last edited by tipper on Fri May 01, 2020 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby tipper » Fri May 01, 2020 2:48 pm

whufc wrote:Whilst I can appreciate how the covid app will help I can’t help but feel disgruntled at the way Morrison is getting that message across.

Almost feels like his bribing/extorting me with my own freedom ‘download the app or else I’ll keep you lockdown longer’

Still unsure about this one.

id be more happy about downloading it if i was included in any of this stimulus money being splashed around.....
tipper
League - Top 5

Postby whufc » Fri May 01, 2020 2:48 pm

The Bedge wrote:
whufc wrote:Almost feels like his bribing me to have my own freedom app ‘download the app or else I’ll keep you lockdown longer’.

He is, coz there are just too many **** wits in this country who think they know best or are just thick, and need to be told like a child.

I have concerns how far that power can be abused, what about if don’t even want my phone.

If I chose not to have a smart phone I shouldn’t not be allowed my freedom under any issue.

Also pretty annoyed my 85 year old grandad is potentially losing precious time because he doesn't have a smart phone and cant be a number whose downloading it.
whufc
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Fri May 01, 2020 2:56 pm

whufc wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

I have concerns how far that power can be abused, what about if don’t even want my phone.

If I chose not to have a smart phone I shouldn’t not be allowed my freedom under any issue.

Also pretty annoyed my 85 year old grandad is potentially losing precious time because he doesn't have a smart phone and cant be a number whose downloading it.

I don't care how they want to abuse my information, I have nothing to hide.. I just wanna get back to normal.

Also shouldn't be annoyed about your 85 granddads spot - they're not asking for 100% uptake - be annoyed with the tinfoil hat people in their younger years who refuse to download it.. they're affecting the %s
The Bedge
Coach

Postby whufc » Fri May 01, 2020 2:57 pm

Im not fussed how they use my information.

Im slightly concerned they can dictate my freedom based on what products i have to purchase and use. Not sure im comfortable with that.

Also giving we are not going to get our freedom anyway until they are 99.9% certain there are no case (eg 2 weeks of zero cases) what purpose is the app serving. Even if 10 million aussies download it right this minute we arent getting out of this until there is around a months worth of no cases.
Last edited by whufc on Fri May 01, 2020 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whufc
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri May 01, 2020 2:59 pm

The Bedge wrote:

Yep, started getting into an argument on FB yesterday with some dumbf*** bogans.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri May 01, 2020 3:00 pm

whufc wrote:Im not fussed how they use my information.

Im slightly concerned they can dictate my freedom based on what products i have to purchase and use. Not sure im comfortable with that.

I couldn't give a flying f*** if they're trying to spy on me or whatever, they'll be pretty disappointed.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby The Bedge » Fri May 01, 2020 3:01 pm

I'll be concerned if they're dictating after this has all blown over.. for now i'm not fussed.

I see childcare centres are mandating immunisations up to date after August or kids cant attend - would've thought there would've been a bit more sooking about that from people.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Fri May 01, 2020 3:02 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:I couldn't give a flying f*** if they're trying to spy on me or whatever, they'll be pretty disappointed.

I can confirm, spying on you is disappointing. Expected more. :P
The Bedge
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Fri May 01, 2020 3:02 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

I couldn't give a flying f*** if they're trying to spy on me or whatever, they'll be pretty disappointed.

They can only be disappointed if they have high standards for you...[emoji3]

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11839 times
Been liked: 3597 times

Postby amber_fluid » Fri May 01, 2020 3:03 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Speaking of spying, how’s your lesbian neighbours going?
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2224 times
Been liked: 2514 times

Postby tipper » Fri May 01, 2020 3:03 pm

The Bedge wrote:

I'll be concerned if they're dictating after this has all blown over.. for now i'm not fussed.

I see childcare centres are mandating immunisations up to date after August or kids cant attend - would've thought there would've been a bit more sooking about that from people.

to be honest, i thought the no immunisation no childcare deal was already a thing, which is why there might not be any whingeing about it, everyone thought it was already in place!
tipper
League - Top 5

Postby whufc » Fri May 01, 2020 3:04 pm

The Bedge wrote:

Also giving we are not going to get our freedom anyway until they are 99.9% certain there are no case (eg 2-4 weeks of zero cases) what purpose is the app serving. Even if 10 million aussies download it right this minute we arent getting out of this until there is around a months worth of no cases.
whufc
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Fri May 01, 2020 3:05 pm

amber_fluid wrote:Covid testing.
I see Flinders hospital have stopped their 2 week extra testing they were doing.
Any one else see this?

They’re still doing normal testing but not the blitz they were doing.

Does anyone know if that’s correct?

I just drove past the Repat, was wondering why there were so many cars lined up for testing. This probably explains it
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby whufc » Fri May 01, 2020 3:05 pm

The Bedge wrote:

My kids are immunised so im not as fussed.

But surely we have to at least have the conversation about whether its right the government can force what we put in our own body.
whufc
Coach

Postby tipper » Fri May 01, 2020 3:08 pm

whufc wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

But surely we have to at least have the conversation about whether its right the government can force what we put in our own body.

no we dont. the government isnt forcing it on anyone,

if people dont want to vaccinate their kids, they just cant access that service. big difference
tipper
League - Top 5

Postby whufc » Fri May 01, 2020 3:11 pm

tipper wrote:
whufc wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

no we dont. the government isnt forcing it on anyone,

if people dont want to vaccinate their kids, they just cant access that service. big difference

I can live with it in childcares like you said its a choice of service but where do we draw the line.....do we not think the discussion will move to schools next. At that point it is a forced choice.

Its not a big deal to me as all my family are immunised. In saying that we have seen in the last 10 years what direction our freedoms are heading which is slightly concerning.
whufc
Coach

Postby Bum Crack » Fri May 01, 2020 3:16 pm

We're not allowed to see my Nana at the nursing home if we haven't had the flu shot. I would have thought all of the residents would be immunised anyway? I don't get a flu shot as I have had the flu once in the last 15 years and that happened to be the one and only time I got the flu shot. I also got numerous other colds that year and swore never to get another one. Haven't been crook since but I'm going to have to get one now otherwise i won't be able to see my nana.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 890 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion