Coronavirus (Covid19)

Anything!

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby stan » Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:31 am

Jimmy_041 wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:They have finally approved a conventional vaccine

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/hopes-unvac ... fdce58224b

Well, there you go. I’m wrong & back to living in my hermit kingdom

Brand new technology as is a protein combined with a virus particle vaccine. It is sold as a “Recombinant nanoparticle vaccine”.
An insect virus (baculovirus) has proteins inserted into it and then infects a moth cell which creates a lot of spike proteins. That is the viral vector / recombinant DNA part. The final product is extracted and purified, as a protein. The adjuvant used is tree bark.

Long term effect?
I better get super powers from this or I'll be pissed.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Mythical Creature » Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:36 am

stan wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Talk that kids will need a RAT each day before going to school at the most or three times a week at the least.
Would be handy if we could get a our hands on a few of these lol.

Id suspect that the governments have been keeping lots of test kits back from supply so that there is enough to do this. There will be heaps of kits available in a couple of weeks time when they aren't held back any more.
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby Jimmy_041 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:56 am

Trader wrote:
RB wrote:Periodic reminder of vaxxed v unvaxxed ICU admissions: currently in NSW, you are 13 times more likely to be admitted to ICU with COVID-19 if you're not vaccinated (2 jabs)

I would still like to see some stats around the underlying health of those in ICU.

Round numbers, hard to give exacts when the stats aren't released, but lets estimate a few things...

90% double vaxxed, 10% unjabbed.

Of those 10%, lets split it 1/3 health reasons they can't get jabbed (ie: recent cancer treatments, existing heart conditions, etc), 1/3 anti-vaxxer, 1/3 lazy.

Lets focus on that 3.3% who have underlying health issues.

Before they were 3.3% out of the entire population. Now they are 3.3 out of 10 in the unvaxxed category, or 33%. A ten fold increase.

Now lets say of those who end up in ICU from catching covid, what are the odds you're more likely to end up in ICU if you had an underlying health issue? I'd suggest fairly bloody good, but who actually knows given they don't give us any stats around it.

Yes unvaxxed people are overrepresented in ICU, but is that cause covid has a greater impact on the unvaxxed? Or is it because those with underlying heath issues are overrepresented in the portion of the population that is unvaxxed?

I don't know the answer, but I'm not keen to blindly trust the politicians given their recent form...

June: Get jabbed, it gives you 100% protection.
August: Ok, not 100, but still Get Jabbed, it gives you 85% protection.
October: ok lets not quote figures anymore, it might stop you catching it.
November: ok you can still catch it, Get jabbed anyway, it might stop you spreading it.
December: Sorry, its wearing off, get jabbed several more times.
January: Ok you still catch and spread it at the same rate as the unvaxxed, but still, Get jabbed, it reduces hospital visits.

What's next: Get jabbed, you'll still die, but at least you go to heaven?

They told us it stopped you catching it, it didn't.
They told us it stopped you spreading it, it didn't.
They told us it keeps you out of ICU, does it?

Their constant changing of message means I don't trust them anymore, and when I can formulate an hypothesis that the overrepresentation of unvaxxed in ICU might be reflective of the fact that there is an overrepresentation of people with underlying health issues in the unvaxxed portion of society, then Ill continue to question if the vax does what they are telling us it does.

Mrs Jimmy is keeping the SA Covid stats announced each day in January
It’s already showing a change in the narrative about infections, hospitalisation & status of vaccination
I’ll let it run to the end of month before posting the results, because unlike the general public, the good burghers of safooty.net demand proof
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1072 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby stan » Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:05 am

Jimmy_041 wrote:
Trader wrote:
RB wrote:Periodic reminder of vaxxed v unvaxxed ICU admissions: currently in NSW, you are 13 times more likely to be admitted to ICU with COVID-19 if you're not vaccinated (2 jabs)

I would still like to see some stats around the underlying health of those in ICU.

Round numbers, hard to give exacts when the stats aren't released, but lets estimate a few things...

Of those 10%, lets split it 1/3 health reasons they can't get jabbed (ie: recent cancer treatments, existing heart conditions, etc), 1/3 anti-vaxxer, 1/3 lazy.

Before they were 3.3% out of the entire population. Now they are 3.3 out of 10 in the unvaxxed category, or 33%. A ten fold increase.

Now lets say of those who end up in ICU from catching covid, what are the odds you're more likely to end up in ICU if you had an underlying health issue? I'd suggest fairly bloody good, but who actually knows given they don't give us any stats around it.

Yes unvaxxed people are overrepresented in ICU, but is that cause covid has a greater impact on the unvaxxed? Or is it because those with underlying heath issues are overrepresented in the portion of the population that is unvaxxed?

I don't know the answer, but I'm not keen to blindly trust the politicians given their recent form...

November: ok you can still catch it, Get jabbed anyway, it might stop you spreading it.
January: Ok you still catch and spread it at the same rate as the unvaxxed, but still, Get jabbed, it reduces hospital visits.

Their constant changing of message means I don't trust them anymore, and when I can formulate an hypothesis that the overrepresentation of unvaxxed in ICU might be reflective of the fact that there is an overrepresentation of people with underlying health issues in the unvaxxed portion of society, then Ill continue to question if the vax does what they are telling us it does.

It’s already showing a change in the narrative about infections, hospitalisation & status of vaccination
I’ll let it run to the end of month before posting the results, because unlike the general public, the good burghers of safooty.net demand proof
Looking forward to seeing that as I reckon it will be telling the Jan's numbers.

I suspect the overall case numbers will have plateau at that stage and hopefully the hospitalisations have stabilised, I'd that is the case then we would have opened and and it's turned out ok.
stan
Coach

Postby am Bays » Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:14 am

Mythical Creature wrote:
stan wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Talk that kids will need a RAT each day before going to school at the most or three times a week at the least.

Id suspect that the governments have been keeping lots of test kits back from supply so that there is enough to do this. There will be heaps of kits available in a couple of weeks time when they aren't held back any more.

Wont happen

Will be a logistical nightmare and impossible to implement

We tried doing it for visitors/outpatients to hospitals and for all health service staff.

Lasted one day and the staff plan of daily RATS didnt even get off he ground.

Failed because
a) supply of RATS,
b) Lines stretching out the doors of people wanting to do a a RAT - health and safety issues.
c) People doing the RAT test wrong FFS kids in transition cant even tie their f***ing shoelaces let alone do a RAT and wait for 15 mins, not to mention adults who know how to put a condom on....
d) Human resource required to check tests

It's a nice thought bubble to try and allay fears of transmission in schools but impractical.

it's here, I agree with the likes of Dutchy, NOW we have to live with it.

We need to wear masks, check in, socially distance, wash hands, and if unwell stay home and get tested (RAT)

H
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1807 times

Postby am Bays » Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:17 am

amber_fluid wrote:
am Bays wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:I know someone who has covid(PCR test confirmed) and then has taken 2 RAT ‘s and both RATS are negative.
Lol
What a mess!

Thats because the RATS arent as sensitive as the PCR tests, especially in the early phases of the infection or if you are mildly symptomatic.

The Rapid antigen test only picks up that your responding to the virus. the PCT tests if you have the virus.

The RATS test is like Lynx Africa only works in certain situations, where as the PCR test is like Rexona Sport, "It wont let you down..."

I think I pointe this out to the Dumbarse Daisy back in the 500s...

You could have saved yourself some time and just said the RATS are useless!

tests work perfectly.

Mildly symptomatic

Negative RAT, went and got it verified as a health service employee I'm required too.

10 hours later, PCR test results -ve.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Postby stan » Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:17 am

am Bays wrote:
Mythical Creature wrote:
stan wrote:

Wont happen

We tried doing it for visitors/outpatients to hospitals and for all health service staff.

Failed because
a) supply of RATS,
b) Lines stretching out the doors of people wanting to do a a RAT - health and safety issues.
c) People doing the RAT test wrong FFS kids in transition cant even tie their f***ing shoelaces let alone do a RAT and wait for 15 mins, not to mention adults who know how to put a condom on....

It's a nice thought bubble to try and allay fears of transmission in schools but impractical.

We need to wear masks, check in, socially distance, wash hands, and if unwell stay home and get tested (RAT)

H
Nah I reckon he means you do it at home before you come to school.

No way would it be done at the school or by the school.
stan
Coach

Postby am Bays » Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:25 am

stan wrote:
am Bays wrote:
Mythical Creature wrote:

Wont happen

Failed because
a) supply of RATS,

H
Nah I reckon he means you do it at home before you come to school.

No way would it be done at the school or by the school.

That was our plan, too for staff supply of RATS do it before work and show,

Marshall is already complaining about lack of supply of RATS in SA.

Tests will get lost, school supplied RATS will go on Ebay, kids will rock up not having done the test, how will the school manage that.

Half the Kids will rocks up with a negative RAT test photo, school ID a but no date stamp. What happens then

AS I said a thought bubble, at most I'd give it a week if it even starts.
Last edited by am Bays on Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
am Bays
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:26 am

It’s hard enough getting 2 kids off to school each day as it is, be **** if I’m adding in 2 RATs each day.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2224 times
Been liked: 2514 times

Postby Trader » Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:30 am

stan wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:Mrs Jimmy is keeping the SA Covid stats announced each day in January
Looking forward to seeing that as I reckon it will be telling the Jan's numbers.

I suspect the overall case numbers will have plateau at that stage and hopefully the hospitalisations have stabilised, I'd that is the case then we would have opened and and it's turned out ok.

There is some optimism that we have already hit the plateau and we don't need to wait til the end of Jan.

You are "recovered" after 10 days. So if you look at the cases reported today, and compare it to the cases reported 10 days ago (ie: who are therefore today's recovered), you can get a bit of a comparison and see what the overall active case numbers are doing.

Jan 20th - 3777 new cases vs Jan 10th - 4024
Jan 19th - 3482 vs Jan 9th - 4506
Jan 18th - 3079 vs Jan 8th - 4274
Jan 17th - 4685 vs Jan 7th 3707
Jan 16th - 2479 vs Jan 6th 3070

4 of the last 5 days have seen active case numbers decrease, so that's good news. Also the last three all having more recoveries than new infections is a good sign.

What might be a concern in the new cases over the last three days have been trending up slightly. If they get back over 4k soon it could give the pollies another excuse to continue these games.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Mythical Creature » Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:38 am

Do the new cases each day include the reported RATs?
Or is that the part that when they do a recalculation as a PCR could be a confirming a RAT from the day before so it doesnt get counted twice?
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Postby Trader » Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:42 am

I believe it does include both RATs and PCRs

Yeah they do try and check it out so they aren't double counting, but no doubt there will be some errors in the system.
Just like there will be some who get a positive RAT and just isolate themselves without reporting it officially.

I also suspect the earlier figures are somewhat understated as people weren't willing to sit in a line for 8 hours, where as now you can get a PCR test done fairly easily.

I'm taking all the numbers with a grain of salt. They are certainly far from absolutes, but they will hopefully still give a rough idea of the underlying trends.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Mythical Creature » Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:49 am

Thanks.
Lets hope we are close to the "peak".
Looks like active cases have been sitting at around 30 to 35,000 for the past 2 weeks so definite stabilisation.
Still, if each active case has 6 close contacts that's near 200,000 people in iso at any one time
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Postby Booney » Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:50 am

Mythical Creature wrote:Thanks.
Looks like active cases have been sitting at around 30 to 35,000 for the past 2 weeks so definite stabilisation.
Still, if each active case has 6 close contacts that's near 200,000 people in iso at any one time

How the modelling suggests this is the case when 150,000 kids are still at home and not at school puzzles me.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7486 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:11 am

stan wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:
Trader wrote:

It's not about the overall numbers
It's about the manipulation of the data re vaxxed / unvaxxed to fit the propaganda
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1072 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Booney » Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:24 am

The RAT test collection site on Anzac Hwy / Greenhill Road is well set up and was a breeze to get through.

My Mum and Step Dad are close contacts, they've already had a negative PCR during the week and just had a negative RAT.

They have two spare RAT's and I got two as I was the one collecting them. Easy.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7486 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby Armchair expert » Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:27 am

daisy = Jack Darling?
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 382 times
Been liked: 1433 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby stan » Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:13 pm

Armchair expert wrote:daisy = Jack Darling?
Go easy on Jack, he's a good lad, he's not a clever lad but he's a good lad.
stan
Coach

Postby Psyber » Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:16 pm

What we really need to know is what percentage of the vaccinated get severe CV.
What percentage of those partially vaccinated but not yet given a booster get it.
What percentage of the totally unvaccinated get it.

Not total numbers!

The fact is the CV is closely related to influenza and there is not such thing as "fully" vaccinated because it will keep mutating and periodic boosters will be needed, just as they are for influenza.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 390 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby amber_fluid » Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:21 pm

Booney wrote:
Mythical Creature wrote:Thanks.

How the modelling suggests this is the case when 150,000 kids are still at home and not at school puzzles me.

Don’t worry mate, apparently if you send half back one week and half back a week later it’ll be ok.
I’ve heard some dumb shit in my life but this one takes the cake.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2224 times
Been liked: 2514 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion