Coronavirus (Covid19)

Anything!

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby Booney » Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:03 pm

Q. wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Government announces free child care policy

Here is how the government has announced the childcare changes in its statement:
Around one million families are set to receive free child care during the coronavirus pandemic under a plan from the Morrison Government that will help deliver hip pocket relief and help the early childhood education and care sector make it through to the other side of this crisis.
Under the plan, the Government will pay 50 per cent of the sector’s fee revenue up to the existing hourly rate cap based on a point in time before parents started withdrawing their children in large numbers, but only so long as services remain open and do not charge families for care. The funding will apply from 6 April based on the number of children who were in care during the fortnight leading into 2 March, whether or not they are attending services.
The plan provides funding certainty to early childhood education and care services at a time where enrolments and attendance are highly unpredictable. This, along with the JobKeeper payment, means services can offer free education and care.
...“If you have terminated your enrolment since 17 February, then I encourage you to get back in contact with your centre and re-start your arrangements. Re-starting your enrolment will not require you to send your child to child care and it certainly won’t require you to pay a gap fee. Re-starting your enrolment will, however, hold your place for that point in time when things start to normalise, and you are ready to take your child back to their centre.”
“We will also make payments of higher amounts available in exceptional circumstances, such as where greater funding is required to meet the needs of emergency workers or vulnerable children.
“The Government is also providing certainty to the preschool sector in recognition of its importance to a student’s formal education.”

Waiting for more detail, but on face value this looks like a ripper of a policy. Obviously protects the industry as a whole, but it's putting money back into the weekly budget of families. It's essentially a stimulus package for middle income families, who had been left out of recent stimulus announcements.

Sure's up Mrs Boon's employment. *phew*
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7468 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Pseudo » Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:05 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Serious question, can they go buy piss?

Yes because it is essential.

Phew.

"Sorry officer, I popped out for some bog rolls but the supermarket was all out. I just picked up these cases of grog on the way home."
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Bum Crack » Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:14 pm

Pseudo wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Serious question, can they go buy piss?

Yes because it is essential.

Phew.

"Sorry officer, I popped out for some bog rolls but the supermarket was all out. I just picked up these cases of grog on the way home."

Can you imagine people having to stay home for 90 days and not being able to have a drink as well?
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 885 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Bum Crack » Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:15 pm

Q. wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Government announces free child care policy

Here is how the government has announced the childcare changes in its statement:
Around one million families are set to receive free child care during the coronavirus pandemic under a plan from the Morrison Government that will help deliver hip pocket relief and help the early childhood education and care sector make it through to the other side of this crisis.
Under the plan, the Government will pay 50 per cent of the sector’s fee revenue up to the existing hourly rate cap based on a point in time before parents started withdrawing their children in large numbers, but only so long as services remain open and do not charge families for care. The funding will apply from 6 April based on the number of children who were in care during the fortnight leading into 2 March, whether or not they are attending services.
The plan provides funding certainty to early childhood education and care services at a time where enrolments and attendance are highly unpredictable. This, along with the JobKeeper payment, means services can offer free education and care.
...“If you have terminated your enrolment since 17 February, then I encourage you to get back in contact with your centre and re-start your arrangements. Re-starting your enrolment will not require you to send your child to child care and it certainly won’t require you to pay a gap fee. Re-starting your enrolment will, however, hold your place for that point in time when things start to normalise, and you are ready to take your child back to their centre.”
“We will also make payments of higher amounts available in exceptional circumstances, such as where greater funding is required to meet the needs of emergency workers or vulnerable children.
“The Government is also providing certainty to the preschool sector in recognition of its importance to a student’s formal education.”

Waiting for more detail, but on face value this looks like a ripper of a policy. Obviously protects the industry as a whole, but it's putting money back into the weekly budget of families. It's essentially a stimulus package for middle income families, who had been left out of recent stimulus announcements.

Banks could have done this too by putting a hold on mortgage payments for 8 weeks for everyone and just extend the mortgage term by 8 weeks at the arse end
Yep
No
Bum Crack
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:16 pm

Thats why Wedgie is stockpiling....he will mail the beer out...[emoji848]

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11807 times
Been liked: 3583 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:17 pm

Jim05 wrote:
What about those of us with no kids ;)
Just put a freeze on my rent or utilities please[/quote]
Ha, I sit there each time Scomo gets on the presser and listen to 18 minutes of waffle while he wades through his spiel like he's talking to a bunch of Grade 2 students only to hear a slight hope of receiving something and then there will be one clause in there that goes BANG Lightning, you ain't getting squat.

My eldest daughter lost her well paying dream job, the wife's employment is anyone's guess, my 16 year old daughter is getting abused while she's re-stocking shelves after school and on weekends, we've kept my 14 year old son as isolated as Tom Hanks in Castaway, step-daughter got laid off at the start of this pandemic, still waiting to hear back from Centrelink and then broke up with her partner, probably because she wasn't bringing any income into their house.

I'm failing to see the humour that others have found and posted on FB, I guess this is what the missus was worried about for a while when I kept telling her to just take each situation as it comes.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Pseudo » Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:18 pm

Bum Crack wrote:
Pseudo wrote:"Sorry officer, I popped out for some bog rolls but the supermarket was all out. I just picked up these cases of grog on the way home."

Can you imagine people having to stay home for 90 days and not being able to have a drink as well?

I can't imagine much at all at the moment ... I'm half-cut, because I've started on my stockpile of booze.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:19 pm

Bum Crack wrote:Can you imagine people having to stay home for 90 days and not being able to have a drink as well?

Not I, I told the wife that I can only just tolerate her, having her daughter there too is going to kill me, I'll probably isolate at my brothers or just live at work.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:21 pm

Bum Crack wrote:Can you imagine people having to stay home for 90 days and not being able to have a drink as well?

I don't want to.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:22 pm

Anyone on here still working from/at their normal employment?

I’ve been working from home for 3 weeks now.
Busy as but still bored shitless at the same time.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:24 pm

amber_fluid wrote:Anyone on here still working from/at their normal employment?

Yeah.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:25 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Ha, I sit there each time Scomo gets on the presser and listen to 18 minutes of waffle while he wades through his spiel like he's talking to a bunch of Grade 2 students only to hear a slight hope of receiving something and then there will be one clause in there that goes BANG Lightning, you ain't getting squat.

My eldest daughter lost her well paying dream job, the wife's employment is anyone's guess, my 16 year old daughter is getting abused while she's re-stocking shelves after school and on weekends, we've kept my 14 year old son as isolated as Tom Hanks in Castaway, step-daughter got laid off at the start of this pandemic, still waiting to hear back from Centrelink and then broke up with her partner, probably because she wasn't bringing any income into their house.

I'm failing to see the humour that others have found and posted on FB, I guess this is what the missus was worried about for a while when I kept telling her to just take each situation as it comes.

Yep, I’ve been pretty upbeat so far but it’s hard to stay positive when you see the dole bludgers getting $1100 a fortnight plus $750 from the Feds now and in another couple months plus $500 from the state government and families out there ain’t getting bugger all. Rent/mortgages would take up a fair chunk of most families income so anything that lowers that burden should have been one of the first things implemented
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3536 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Bum Crack » Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:25 pm

Yep I am. Bored as bat shit. I could work from home if I want to, but I don't trust myself. I'd be too easily led astray and would end up doing **** all.
Yep
No
Bum Crack
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:26 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Yeah.

Is the whole company still working from there?
I guess your production team has too but anyone in your office could work from home surely?
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:27 pm

Bum Crack wrote:

Yep I am. Bored as bat shit. I could work from home if I want to, but I don't trust myself. I'd be too easily led astray and would end up doing **** all.

Same, I'd get on the piss at noon and have 4 lunch breaks.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:27 pm

I'm doing 3 days at home, come in and hand over to/from the boss so we're on top of the factory work, then he goes home for 3 and so on.

So last week I did Friday, then Monday and Tuesday at home, in yesterday, today, tomorrow then just pop in Monday morning for hand over.

It's very hard to stay on task and motivated at home, that's for sure, but I am noticing in the last 48-72 hours the phones are getting a little quieter and things are slowing down a little after a manic week before that.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:29 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:

Same, I'd get on the piss at noon and have 4 lunch breaks.

2 pm start Friday, snooze on the lounge Monday, packed it in around 2 on Tuesday, BUT I reckon I got more done in those 3 days than I would have in the office, no interruptions, just smashed it all out.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:30 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Yep, I’ve been pretty upbeat so far but it’s hard to stay positive when you see the dole bludgers getting $1100 a fortnight plus $750 from the Feds now and in another couple months plus $500 from the state government and families out there ain’t getting bugger all. Rent/mortgages would take up a fair chunk of most families income so anything that lowers that burden should have been one of the first things implemented

Yeah, that stank, I'm fine with most of the rest and I've always maintained that those that the CV forced out of jobs should get the double dole payments, those that were already on it should've remained the same, not much is costing more and they've had the luxury to go to the shops when they like, it's not like their extra income is going directly into the economy, it stops in at the meth dealer for a while first.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Pag » Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:30 pm

Still at work here, it's different-looking work, but still here. A lot less moving round to kids and a lot more sitting on my ass and typing to them and their families.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 498 times

Postby Dutchy » Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:31 pm

Bum Crack wrote:Banks could have done this too by putting a hold on mortgage payments for 8 weeks for everyone and just extend the mortgage term by 8 weeks at the arse end

They are doing this for 6 months.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3484 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion