Coronavirus (Covid19)

Anything!

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:30 pm

I went Sunday as they opened, it was chockers but I got what I needed, I got the ball and chain to wait in line at one shop as I started at the next shop for the crap I couldn't get, the checkout line was crazy so I did the self service thing at the 2nd shop, it pissed a few people off but I wasn't waiting an hour for a checkout as I had to go umpire a footy game.

The wife has always bagged me for being excessive, when we got together she thought it was hilarious that I always had 40+ rolls of shit tickets, I'd go to her house and a kid would be stuck in the dunny while another raced around to the supermarket to get some rolls, look who's laughing now!

I've let her do the shopping by herself for a few months, she never checks what we need so we already had too much of most things, now it's a matter of buying other ingredients to utilise what we already have.

I done a stocktake when her son and his missus moved out a few weeks ago, there must've been 8 dolmio jars, 15-20 carbonora/alfredo packets, about 10 packs of various pasta types, a heap of chicken tonight jars, 20 cans of diced tomatoes, it's worked out well.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Pseudo » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:35 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:I done a stocktake when her son and his missus moved out a few weeks ago, there must've been 8 dolmio jars, 15-20 carbonora/alfredo packets, about 10 packs of various pasta types, a heap of chicken tonight jars, 20 cans of diced tomatoes, it's worked out well.

Well and good, unless you don't have meat to add to the dolmio/chicken tonight/etc...

Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1557 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Booney » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:37 pm

Just called a bloke at Baa Moo Oink (a butcher) a "F*cking idiot" when his meat bill totalled over $350. Basically a mid 50's Italiano with Nonna who clearly still lives at home with Nonna ( you'd all be able to picture his gold earing ) and would have just purchased about 100 or more meals for them both.

He was taken aback by my claim, more were agreeing with me, than him.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7487 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:41 pm

Booney wrote:Just called a bloke at Baa Moo Oink (a butcher) a "F*cking idiot" when his meat bill totalled over $350. Basically a mid 50's Italiano with Nonna who clearly still lives at home with Nonna ( you'd all be able to picture his gold earing ) and would have just purchased about 100 or more meals for them both.

So a weeks worth?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:45 pm

Pseudo wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:I done a stocktake when her son and his missus moved out a few weeks ago, there must've been 8 dolmio jars, 15-20 carbonora/alfredo packets, about 10 packs of various pasta types, a heap of chicken tonight jars, 20 cans of diced tomatoes, it's worked out well.

Well and good, unless you don't have meat to add to the dolmio/chicken tonight/etc...

I don't panic shop but I do go to the butchers every week to peruse their specials, the 3 butcher shops that I frequent don't seem to be struggling and at worst we'll be shagged for a fortnight, most families would have that covered at any given time.

Besides, I could do with losing a few kgs.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:49 pm

Booney wrote:Just called a bloke at Baa Moo Oink (a butcher) a "F*cking idiot" when his meat bill totalled over $350. Basically a mid 50's Italiano with Nonna who clearly still lives at home with Nonna ( you'd all be able to picture his gold earing ) and would have just purchased about 100 or more meals for them both.

Went to butcher at Morphett Vale yesterday arvo. He said they open at 8am, and by 8.30am had sold a normal days trade of mince.

His concern was, he is flat out now with 5-6 staff, but in 3 weeks....whats gonna happen??? Then there is a concern about keeping up with the demand and abbatoirs etc...

Mind you, we didnt spend $300+... we just got a pack.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11838 times
Been liked: 3597 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:53 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:

Went to butcher at Morphett Vale yesterday arvo. He said they open at 8am, and by 8.30am had sold a normal days trade of mince.

His concern was, he is flat out now with 5-6 staff, but in 3 weeks....whats gonna happen??? Then there is a concern about keeping up with the demand and abbatoirs etc...

Mind you, we didnt spend $300+... we just got a pack.

People are buying freezers to put their stockpiling in I just heard, what a joke.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby tipper » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:56 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
People are buying freezers to put their stockpiling in I just heard, what a joke.

yep. friends of ours struggled to buy an upright freezer on the weekend. they had been planning on getting one for a while (not hoarding related) and ended up buying the last display model harvey normans at gepps cross had (according to them)
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:57 pm

I heard Gerry Harvey on radio last week saying freezers were 60% higher this year than same time last year...

Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11838 times
Been liked: 3597 times

Postby westcoastpanther » Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:29 pm

I work for Aboriginal Corporation in Jabiru, Kakadu. We've just heard a bloke has just come back out to the park after getting back from oversees a couple of days ago and is refusing to self isolate.

Can you imagine if he's got it and it gets out to the communities and the outstations, it will destroy the place.

This bloke is currently being hunted by all and sundry and to say his life is in danger is not an understatement, they don't screw around up here.
Hi, My name is Ron 'Bluey' Dunn. Did you know I played in the 61 & 62 Tasman Premiership sides....
westcoastpanther
Coach

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 150 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby heater31 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:36 pm

westcoastpanther wrote:I work for Aboriginal Corporation in Jabiru, Kakadu. We've just heard a bloke has just come back out to the park after getting back from oversees a couple of days ago and is refusing to self isolate.

Can you imagine if he's got it and it gets out to the communities and the outstations, it will destroy the place.

This bloke is currently being hunted by all and sundry and to say his life is in danger is not an understatement, they don't screw around up here.

Just ******* dumb on this blokes behalf!

Evidence suggests that people with diabetes are more susceptible to severe cases. Guess which group of people have disproportionate rates of diabetes.......
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby Dutchy » Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:01 pm

Just went to a Bakery, they are refusing to take cash, card only, well they missed out on my sale and a few others...just dumb..
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2322 times
Been liked: 3495 times

Postby The Bedge » Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:13 pm

Dutchy wrote:Just went to a Bakery, they are refusing to take cash, card only, well they missed out on my sale and a few others...just dumb..

You'd be in the minority of people who still carry cash these days. :lol:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3996 times

Postby Dutchy » Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:16 pm

Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Dutchy » Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:17 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Just went to a Bakery, they are refusing to take cash, card only, well they missed out on my sale and a few others...just dumb..

You'd be in the minority of people who still carry cash these days. :lol:

It did happen to be the first time for weeks I didn't have a card on me :lol:
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:22 pm

Going by that graph I'm pretty certain what the course of action is going to be, probably should've kicked it in the guts today.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:24 pm

Did you touch the machine or accidentally touch their hand?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:26 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Did you touch the machine or accidentally touch their hand?

I went to their competitor down the road
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby whufc » Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:33 pm

What are peoples thoughts about Sco Mo's claims 'Lockdown' isnt the answer and doesnt work.

Every medical expert seems to be advocating a mass lockdown whilst we have seen alot of other countries go down that path.

Are we doing the right thing and other countries are 'wrong' or is he too scared to make the tough call.

We seem to have gone against the global trend on this one or is it still coming.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5586 times
Been liked: 2527 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby The Bedge » Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:34 pm

whufc wrote:What are peoples thoughts about Sco Mo's claims 'Lockdown' isnt the answer and doesnt work. .

It'll happen.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3996 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion