Coronavirus (Covid19)

Anything!

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby bulldogproud » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:02 pm

From Adelaide Now:

'The closure of schools, restriction of public transport and cancellation of weddings could soon be on the cards for Australia if residents fail to take the nation’s new rules – imposed to prevent the spread of the coronavirus – seriously.

Pubs, clubs and non-essential services, including gyms and places of worship, have already closed as part of the first stage of social distancing measures.

While there are no plans to close schools at this point, with new rules to be reviewed on a monthly basis, the National Cabinet issued a stark warning on Sunday, advising stage two restrictions would be considered “if social distancing measures are not adhered to”.'

FAARK - if they are only reviewing rules on a monthly basis.......... yikesssssssssssssssssssssssssss
A Bulldog in winter; a WTDCC Eagle and OICC Wolf in Summer!
bulldogproud
League - Top 5

Has liked: 489 times
Been liked: 401 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby daysofourlives » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:03 pm

Bum Crack wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:Ok so what am i missing here?
My football club (Angaston) is all run by volunteers, the coach and players get paid if they play football.
The clubrooms are only open on a Sunday morning outside of Football which now cant happen.
If they are not running a football side they have very minmal costs, bit of electricity to keep the fridges running, maybe a token amount to council for oval hire which i imagine will be waived.
To me its just an extended off season where there is no income anyway.

I simply cant see how an amateur club would go under from not having footy for a season?

The clubs are run by volunteers but not the league.
Would they work for free?
Maybe?

It would only be the SAAFL that has paid staff running the league, no other league in the state would be paying people to run it

RFL do

OK so a few leagues do, it couldnt possibly be at a level that would see them go under and im sure the guys getting paid to do it would forego their payments if there was comp to run for a year.
Gets back to my point, no amateur club is going under if we dont play football this year.
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby amber_fluid » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:07 pm

It’s not all bad news, Kane Cornes is locked out of the state and currently stuck in Melbourne.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Corona Man » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:08 pm

amber_fluid wrote:It’s not all bad news, Kane Cornes is locked out of the state and currently stuck in Melbourne.

Bad news for some!
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby bulldogproud » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:10 pm

Corona Man wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:It’s not all bad news, Kane Cornes is locked out of the state and currently stuck in Melbourne.

Bad news for some!

True, you wouldn't even wish that on Victorians! ;)
bulldogproud
League - Top 5

Postby bulldogproud » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:19 pm

football tragic wrote:If they limit to 30 per day they would ecstatic....they say this is a six month pandemic at current rate would mean would mean 5.700 infections with a population of 1.5 million....if we continue how we are going and close off more we are well on the way to a better result than what was feared.

Another 30 tomorrow would still mean we have continued on the trajectory of doubling every three days (up from 100 to 200 in the last three). At that rate, we would only take 17 days to hit that 5,700 mark sadly. In one month, it would be over 100,000.
Urgent action is required to prevent this from happening. I am really keen on seeing the figures in 10 days time, 12 days after the first real strong domestic action took place (the day after Bondi).
bulldogproud
League - Top 5

Postby Q. » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:24 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
tigerpie wrote:Gray nic, kookaburra, just curious?

Im going with the no grip, no string, no sticker type

You win :lol:
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Q. » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:26 pm

bulldogproud wrote:
football tragic wrote:If they limit to 30 per day they would ecstatic....they say this is a six month pandemic at current rate would mean would mean 5.700 infections with a population of 1.5 million....if we continue how we are going and close off more we are well on the way to a better result than what was feared.

Another 30 tomorrow would still mean we have continued on the trajectory of doubling every three days (up from 100 to 200 in the last three). At that rate, we would only take 17 days to hit that 5,700 mark sadly. In one month, it would be over 100,000.
Urgent action is required to prevent this from happening. I am really keen on seeing the figures in 10 days time, 12 days after the first real strong domestic action took place (the day after Bondi).

There will be a lag effect from the measures that have now been put in place though, so the doubling rate may slow to five or six days.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby bulldogproud » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:29 pm

Q. wrote:
bulldogproud wrote:

There will be a lag effect from the measures that have now been put in place though, so the doubling rate may slow to five or six days.

Hopefully you are right, but you also have to factor in increased testing. Currently you have to be a traveller from overseas or interstate or have had contact with someone who has been tested positive. That is now about to be opened up. Once they open it up completely, numbers may skyrocket for a while.
bulldogproud
League - Top 5

Postby bulldogproud » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:32 pm

Q. wrote:
bulldogproud wrote:

The more action they take the better, but it needs to be quickly. Even doubling every 5 days would result in over 400,000 positive cases in SA in two months.
This, of course, won't happen, but, if we are not completely serious about this virus, it is what the current rate of increase would lead to. Even in one month, it would mean 128,000 cases in Australia, very worrying!
Last edited by bulldogproud on Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bulldogproud
League - Top 5

Postby cracka » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:41 pm

Dutchy wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:
It would only be the SAAFL that has paid staff running the league, no other league in the state would be paying people to run it

SFL do, GSFL & HFL do also I believe, part time capacity

Will full affiliation fees still be charged if we get half a season in?

HFL secretary is a paid position. Pretty sure that was all. I think Mt Barker FC had a PT paid secretary. Torrens Valley were looking for a paid CEO when they were in div 1.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Dutchy » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:44 pm

Interesting that he chose to stay in Melbourne over getting back to his family
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Eagles2014 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:49 pm

Dutchy wrote:

Interesting that he chose to stay in Melbourne over getting back to his family

I think his family encouraged him to stay!
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 524 times

Postby DOC » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:51 pm

They must have broken up. If not, chances are they will now.

Pity.

If ever 2 people deserved each other.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby bulldogproud » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:53 pm

The map on this link makes some very interesting (worrying to me) viewing:

https://en.unesco.org/themes/education- ... l-closures
bulldogproud
League - Top 5

Postby JK » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:11 pm

bulldogproud wrote:
JK wrote:My sister spends a lot of time in hospitals as a patient and is a fairly tough cookie. Anyway last week she developed a fever (which she never usually does) so her GP told her to go to the Repat for testing. She contacted them and they (eventually) said yes we’ll see you, then said the earliest available booking is 8 days away :shock:

In 8 days she would have either been dead or coming good, but either way would have infected a lot of people along the way.

JK, tell her to get a referral from her doctor, then just drive to the Repat Collection Clinic; they won't turn her away. I received my referral at 8:00pm on Saturday and went there at 9:00am on Sunday morning. I was in and out in five minutes. I wasn't going to do it because it does say to phone for an appointment first, but my sister (who is a nurse) urged me to. Wasn't sure they would see me, but they didn't even raise an eyebrow when they saw the form.. Hoping she is okay.
Cheers

Cheers bud, appreciate it. Turns out it she was back to normal (well as normal as my sister can be lol) by the next day. I was just a bit staggered by the process and potential community risk. Glad yours went ok too mate, we gotta get through this so we can hang shit in each other’s clubs again when the worlds in better order :D
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4440 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby JK » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:19 pm

Getting close to the time to switch FB off for a while. Initially when this CoVid stuff started its rise, FB was a good place for shared information. Today me feeds been flooded by all kinds of Conspiracy theories. Whilst I could never trust the Chinese (or any government really) and think they need to face final ramifications over this at some stage, some of the theorist’s getting around just seem like whack jobs. Worst part is though, that so many people are so sold on them that they have zero regard for adhering to social distancing and are almost proud to tell everyone about it.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4440 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby bulldogproud » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:26 pm

JK wrote:
bulldogproud wrote:
JK wrote:My sister spends a lot of time in hospitals as a patient and is a fairly tough cookie. Anyway last week she developed a fever (which she never usually does) so her GP told her to go to the Repat for testing. She contacted them and they (eventually) said yes we’ll see you, then said the earliest available booking is 8 days away :shock:

In 8 days she would have either been dead or coming good, but either way would have infected a lot of people along the way.

JK, tell her to get a referral from her doctor, then just drive to the Repat Collection Clinic; they won't turn her away. I received my referral at 8:00pm on Saturday and went there at 9:00am on Sunday morning. I was in and out in five minutes. I wasn't going to do it because it does say to phone for an appointment first, but my sister (who is a nurse) urged me to. Wasn't sure they would see me, but they didn't even raise an eyebrow when they saw the form.. Hoping she is okay.
Cheers

Cheers bud, appreciate it. Turns out it she was back to normal (well as normal as my sister can be lol) by the next day. I was just a bit staggered by the process and potential community risk. Glad yours went ok too mate, we gotta get through this so we can hang shit in each other’s clubs again when the worlds in better order :D

So glad to hear that, JK. Yes, sisters are never normal, particularly if they are older ones ;)

Yes, the only one I can hang shit on at the moment is your captain, and I can't even do that whilst I am self-isolating lol

Btw, just saw the recommendations of the Group of 8, a group of academics advising the national cabinet - they have recommended total school closures. Will be interesting to see if it happens as a result of tonight's meeting of the Cabinet.

Today's figures were still cause for concern, 427 new cases, an increase of 25%; that curve sure is refusing to flatten at the moment!

Hopefully, the measures enacted earlier this week and anything from tonight's session will start to make that curve die off, rather than us die off!

Cheers
bulldogproud
League - Top 5

Postby amber_fluid » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:33 pm

I just saw the recommendations of the cabinet of 8 to close schools.
Surely the government has to back them in and close schools now?
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby whufc » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:46 pm

amber_fluid wrote:I just saw the recommendations of the cabinet of 8 to close schools.
Surely the government has to back them in and close schools now?

If the schools shut we have to go into total lockdown!
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion