Coronavirus (Covid19)

Anything!

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby Vamos » Mon Dec 27, 2021 10:53 am

daysofourlives wrote:This ones for Jim05 and anyone else who works at an airport.

Do you realise the airport is federal land and as there is no federal mandates the mandates do not apply on federal land.
I personally know someone who has been able to fly, unmasked, unvaxed using this approach.

I bet they feel like a hero within their nutjob circles, they may even write songs about them one day :lol:
Whoops, there goes another year. Whoops, there goes another pint of beer.
Vamos
League - Top 5

Has liked: 344 times
Been liked: 450 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby am Bays » Mon Dec 27, 2021 10:54 am

daysofourlives wrote:
flu.jpg

Imagine the melt down from the bedwetters if this was the headline tomorrow on covid.
We'd be in stage 8 restrictions lol

This actually supports the actions for the last two years

Health service flu vax rates of 60-70% (SALHN data) no penalty for declination.

Community vax rates of under 50%

No social distancing, no check ins, no standard precautions campaign (hand washing, face masks in public and high risk areas)

If we weren’t social distancing wearing masks, and having mass vaccination campaigns we’d be ecstatic with just 20 000 infections and 82 deaths in a year.

Can’t compare 2019 flu and death rates with the last two years of Covid as the system response across the Western World has been completely different.

However I agree now that we have to change the requirements for close and casual contacts, moving forward with the volume of cases keeping the PCR test for the early stages of the infection cycle and rewarding those who are double vaxxed
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby Armchair expert » Mon Dec 27, 2021 11:15 am

Vamos wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:This ones for Jim05 and anyone else who works at an airport.

Do you realise the airport is federal land and as there is no federal mandates the mandates do not apply on federal land.
I personally know someone who has been able to fly, unmasked, unvaxed using this approach.

I bet they feel like a hero within their nutjob circles, they may even write songs about them one day :lol:

the part of the story daisy wasn't told
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 379 times
Been liked: 1414 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby Brodlach » Mon Dec 27, 2021 11:17 am

Vamos wrote:

There was a fine man named Daisy fi fi fi didley dee
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Gozu » Mon Dec 27, 2021 11:50 am

The Marshall government have really stuffed up on this the rage directed towards them from the community is palpable. Opening the borders up so close to Christmas was such a bad idea not only for those that get infected having to go into quarantine but anyone deemed a close contact unfortunate enough to be in a shop at the same time also having to spend their Christmas in isolation.

The situation is so bad my mother came down with a flu/cough on Wednesday went and got tested and then when I spoke to her on Friday the day before Christmas she lied to me and told me she had already got back her negative result. She did it because she didn't want to stuff up Christmas for her having to spend the day alone and stuff things up for myself and also my father even though if she had have infected me it would've meant I would've infected my dad when I went to his place for lunch and being an invalid in his 70's double vaxxed but still it might've killed him. He had a massive stroke about 15 years ago and is paralysed down the left hand side of his body and is only still hanging on thanks to modern medicine and science including a recent pacemaker.

It's fair to say when I went back to my mother's place for dinner and she told me the truth I was furious and a big argument followed. I came that close to just leaving but I didn't want to totally destroy her Christmas by leaving her on her own for the whole day. A few hours later a text message came through with her negative result. I spoke to her yesterday apologised but said it still wasn't good what she did lying when she could've had it knowing it might've killed my dad. She said it was the worst Christmas she ever had not just the actual day but the stress of waiting for the result from Thursday-Saturday and feeling she had to lie to keep Christmas day happening for everyone but she's furious with Marshall for doing this and putting so much extra stress on people at Christmas time.

I've said before up until November 23 I thought Marshall had been doing a very good job handling Covid, handling the situation much like a Labor government would have done but even though the Libs probably don't deserve to be a one-term government they're going to be in serious trouble in March.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 659 times

Postby Wedgie » Mon Dec 27, 2021 12:39 pm

A League game between Central Coast and Wellington at Gosford this afternoon has been postponed due to players having covid.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby JK » Mon Dec 27, 2021 12:50 pm

Gozu wrote:The Marshall government have really stuffed up on this the rage directed towards them from the community is palpable. Opening the borders up so close to Christmas was such a bad idea not only for those that get infected having to go into quarantine but anyone deemed a close contact unfortunate enough to be in a shop at the same time also having to spend their Christmas in isolation.

The situation is so bad my mother came down with a flu/cough on Wednesday went and got tested and then when I spoke to her on Friday the day before Christmas she lied to me and told me she had already got back her negative result. She did it because she didn't want to stuff up Christmas for her having to spend the day alone and stuff things up for myself and also my father even though if she had have infected me it would've meant I would've infected my dad when I went to his place for lunch and being an invalid in his 70's double vaxxed but still it might've killed him. He had a massive stroke about 15 years ago and is paralysed down the left hand side of his body and is only still hanging on thanks to modern medicine and science including a recent pacemaker.

It's fair to say when I went back to my mother's place for dinner and she told me the truth I was furious and a big argument followed. I came that close to just leaving but I didn't want to totally destroy her Christmas by leaving her on her own for the whole day. A few hours later a text message came through with her negative result. I spoke to her yesterday apologised but said it still wasn't good what she did lying when she could've had it knowing it might've killed my dad. She said it was the worst Christmas she ever had not just the actual day but the stress of waiting for the result from Thursday-Saturday and feeling she had to lie to keep Christmas day happening for everyone but she's furious with Marshall for doing this and putting so much extra stress on people at Christmas time.

I've said before up until November 23 I thought Marshall had been doing a very good job handling Covid, handling the situation much like a Labor government would have done but even though the Libs probably don't deserve to be a one-term government they're going to be in serious trouble in March.

Whoever was leading the state was always going to cop it - Marshall couldn't win, don't open the borders and the hordes that had been separated from loved ones for so long were all over him, open them and the numbers increase and he cops it. Had absolutely no chance of popularity regardless of which way they went.

Sorry to hear youve had an angst riddled Christmas, but surely Marshall can't be blamed for someone not telling the truth about their results?

The world is a mess and has been for the best part of two years, pretty lucky we live over here though. In a situation like a pandemic where there's no definitive playbook on how to navigate without casualty, I reckon we've done alright. Sympathies of course to those that have lost loved ones and/or their livelihood.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Brodlach » Mon Dec 27, 2021 1:39 pm

Marshall likes to be the “good news premier”

Opening up before Christmas gave him some positive press now it’s biting him hard on the ass. Made zero sense to open up the state two weeks before Christmas unless he hoped to keep COVID out but with the Eastern seaboard producing over 1500 cases a day at that time of course it was coming.

Should have waited until January
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Postby am Bays » Mon Dec 27, 2021 2:10 pm

Brodlach wrote:Marshall likes to be the “good news premier”

Opening up before Christmas gave him some positive press now it’s biting him hard on the ass. Made zero sense to open up the state two weeks before Christmas unless he hoped to keep COVID out but with the Eastern seaboard producing over 1500 cases a day at that time of course it was coming.

F*** me an SA Premier this century who only lined the good news stories

Yup those announcements about lockdowns this year and last were all joyfully received.

To be fair all the premiers regardless of political persuasion have been front and centre when the good and bad news have had to be delivered in the last 2 years.

The reality has been get to 80% double vaxxed and 90% double vaxxed and we can start returning to normal.

All states bar one were aiming for relaxed borders before Christmas given what has occurred in the last two years. Hindsight and Omicron make it a questionable decision.

The reality was no matter when the borders were “opened” this outbreak was always going to occur. So allowing interstates to enjoy Christmas was families is an understandable decision.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby Dutchy » Mon Dec 27, 2021 3:21 pm

So many now saying we shouldn't have opened the borders, where was this opinion in November?

It would have gotten in here anyway IMO, look at WA.

Sadly now we are now back under the control of Nichola, anything could happen from here :roll:
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Dec 27, 2021 3:28 pm

Spurrier said what is happening now was always part of their plan.

But they didn't tell us their plan.

There was always an opinion about keeping borders closed or very closely monitored.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Dec 27, 2021 3:43 pm

https://chloramine.org/chloraminefacts. ... -Kv2cmMHRs

This is what SA Water has put in your water supply, thought it very interesting, apparently the change was made end of November early December in certain reservoirs.
Any experts on this?
Harmful to people with compromised immune systems,
Also causes respiratory issues
A study found there was an increase in deaths from flu and pneumonia with chloramine compared to Chlorine.
Sound familiar to anyone????
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Wedgie » Mon Dec 27, 2021 3:47 pm

Dutchy wrote:So many now saying we shouldn't have opened the borders, where was this opinion in November?

Sadly now we are now back under the control of Nichola, anything could happen from here :roll:

I stated that opinion in November.
Could travel freely to and from Queensland, NT, WA, Tas and also not having to worry about quarantining at the drop of a hat.
I now have a daughter who lives in Vic but I'd rather not being locked up and free travel to 4 other states than the schmozzle now even if it does mean she can visit and I can visit her.
Omicron isn't even as bad as the flu, if we were told we might possibly have the current dog's breakfast if something no more severe than a cold entered the state I'm sure noone wouldve been for it.

Anyway at least I'll have a lot more time to post on here as thanks to Mr Marshall I'm now unemployed until restrictions are eased. He's already cost me thousands of dollars last year when he enforced the lockdown with no support to ALH workers.
Thank Christ I'm semi retired and can afford all this, I pity the many who can't.
Ironically NYE was better last year, he's managed to send us backwards in 12 months despite most getting vaxxed, no easy achievement unless you're a completely incompetent fool.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Dec 27, 2021 3:53 pm

I cant claim this one myself, im sure many on here are starting to agree with most of this

Stop it. Just stop it. Stop making excuses.
We’ve gone from “a few weeks to flatten the curve” to fully vaccinated to see a doctor.
We’ve gone from “two vaccines to be fully vaccinated” to three, possibly four, five, six…
We’ve gone from “when we reach 70%, life will go back to normal” to 80%, 90%, 95%…
We’ve gone from “the vaccine is 100% effective” to not preventing infection, barely curbing transmission, and dwindling effectiveness against symptoms in less than 6 months.
We’ve gone from “the vaccine is 100% safe” to risks of blood clots, Guillain-Barre, myocarditis, pericarditis, and skyrocketing reports of adverse reactions on yellow card systems across the globe.
We’ve gone from “masks are relatively ineffective” to wearing masks when there is no active disease in the local community.
We’ve gone from “kids are unaffected by this disease” to promoting vaccines for 5-12 year olds.
We’ve gone from “vaccinate to get back to normal” to vaccine passports will be required to access normal necessities.
And here’s a few more “Stop-It’s” while I’m on my rant…
Stop telling me, “the vaccine is not experimental” when it is still in an experimental trial stage. Long term data is not in on mRNA vaccines for humans and no amount of data fudging and spin can prove otherwise.
Stop telling me, “we don’t have polio anymore, thanks vaccines” when mRNA vaccines are nothing like the polio vaccine, coronaviruses are nothing like poliovirus, and the first release of the polio vaccine resulted in a catastrophic pharmaceutical disaster.
Stop telling me, “but it still reduces the spread” when affected states and countries are at 90% levels of vaccination and returning record numbers of break-through cases. This is hardly a ‘pandemic of the unvaccinated’.
Stop telling me, “well, it’s about reducing the load on our health system” when they can afford to sideline thousands of healthcare workers, once celebrated for their heroic service on the frontline.
Stop telling me, “yeah, but we weren’t expecting this highly infectious new variant” when any virologist worth their salt will tell you this is exactly what viruses do. In general, they become more infectious and less dangerous over time.
Stop telling me, “it’s about keeping us safe” when they suppress treatments, threaten and harass doctors who speak out, censor dissenting scientific voices, and seemingly couldn’t give a toss about suicide, mental health, smoking, and drug and alcohol addictions which kill tens of thousands of Australians each year.
Stop telling me, “people still have a choice” when you know full well there is no choice when somebody’s livelihood, healthcare and welfare are at stake.
And finally, stop telling me, “it’s a conspiracy theory” when it’s all happening right there in front of you.
There is a virus. Yes. It’s a bad one. Precautions need to be taken. But, this response is a total overreach and most people know it. They may not express it. They may not acknowledge it. They may even argue against it. But, surely they can feel it. Something’s not right.
This is no longer about a virus. This is about passports, power and control. I don’t know where it’s coming from. I don’t know how it got here. But, it’s here. It’s global. It’s terrifying. And we must push back. We must.
Stop making excuses.
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Brodlach » Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:14 pm

am Bays wrote:

Yup those announcements about lockdowns this year and last were all joyfully received.

To be fair all the premiers regardless of political persuasion have been front and centre when the good and bad news have had to be delivered in the last 2 years.

The reality has been get to 80% double vaxxed and 90% double vaxxed and we can start returning to normal.

All states bar one were aiming for relaxed borders before Christmas given what has occurred in the last two years. Hindsight and Omicron make it a questionable decision.

The reality was no matter when the borders were “opened” this outbreak was always going to occur. So allowing interstates to enjoy Christmas was families is an understandable decision.

More people have been effected than those who would have seen interstate families

Spurrier and the Police Commissioner have delivered the “bad news” not Marshall
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:15 pm

Dutchy wrote:So many now saying we shouldn't have opened the borders, where was this opinion in November?

I have been consistent about not opening up while there have been such large numbers interstate.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:18 pm

Brodlach wrote:
am Bays wrote:

More people have been effected than those who would have seen interstate families

Spurrier and the Police Commissioner have delivered the “bad news” not Marshall
Spot on

Spurrier and Stevens delivered the bad news and when there was a good announcement Marshall was front and centre. Which in politics is to be expected.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby Wedgie » Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:18 pm

Going to be interesting to see how the AFL goes this year. AFL insiders say the only reason we had a comp the last two years with covid was because of Steve Hocking's genius. Now he's no longer there it could get ugly. A few people will be shutting themselves.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Armchair expert » Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:21 pm

Wedgie wrote:Going to be interesting to see how the AFL goes this year. AFL insiders say the only reason we had a comp the last two years with covid was because of Steve Hocking's genius. Now he's no longer there it could get ugly. A few people will be shutting themselves.

aww ****

ive got a stomach ache

might be covid

or may be the uncontrollable laughing
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 379 times
Been liked: 1414 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby RB » Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:35 pm

It may perhaps have been better if they'd opened the borders just prior to Xmas - say 23rd December.

That way, folks would've had enough time to get back to SA, but very few would've been in quarantine at Xmas because by the time test results had come back, Xmas Day would've passed.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion