Coronavirus (Covid19)

Anything!

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby whufc » Mon May 18, 2020 3:29 pm

Jim05 wrote:
whufc wrote:
The Bedge wrote:Yeah i'm kind of with whuffer.. no active cases, 1 case in a month.. what is to be gained from continuing life the way it is now until xx date?

If Clare is anything to go by everyone has gone back to going out and doing what they need anyway.....main street was absolutely packed on the weekend and even busier today.

The caravan park looks to have a fair few back as well.
Was up there yesterday for a drive and the place was packed

Yeah, at the best of times Clare is pretty laid back with rules/laws/restrictions most things up here are just guidelines :lol: .

Nevermind when they have had zero cases and it is something they dont believe has affected them.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Jim05 » Mon May 18, 2020 3:31 pm

whufc wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
whufc wrote:
The Bedge wrote:Yeah i'm kind of with whuffer.. no active cases, 1 case in a month.. what is to be gained from continuing life the way it is now until xx date?

If Clare is anything to go by everyone has gone back to going out and doing what they need anyway.....main street was absolutely packed on the weekend and even busier today.

The caravan park looks to have a fair few back as well.
Was up there yesterday for a drive and the place was packed

Yeah, at the best of times Clare is pretty laid back with rules/laws/restrictions most things up here are just guidelines :lol: .

Nevermind when they have had zero cases and it is something they dont believe has affected them.
Was a beautiful day and we just went up to Burra for lunch and then wanted to head back to Gawler via Blyth just to check out a few things
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby whufc » Mon May 18, 2020 3:32 pm

Great trip mate.

Burra is pretty impressive these days and has a lot of great cafes. I speak to the CEO of the Council up there a fair bit and his real switched on and has the town pumping.

Not much would of changed in Blyth hey.....except for few things closing down and Barpy has tided up his corner block :D
whufc
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 18, 2020 3:33 pm

whufc wrote:
Never been in there but do know the place.

Mintaro is a cool living/working heritage town 15 minutes south east of Clare.

If its just you and the misses would be a perfect little get away. There are a heap of wineries and brewiers near by. A nice little pub Magpie & Stump across the road.

Lots of tourists love the Martindale Hall which is just down the road, not really my thing but was ok to look at.

Only advice i would say is you may struggle to get taxi's etc if you are both going to be drinking and i wouldnt be risking drink driving if you are coming into Clare. Its the biggest hot spot for booze buses.

Nah, we wouldn't risk that, we'd probably do the cellar door thing from noon til about two without sampling much, we'd just make some purchases to bring back home and perhaps enjoy the serenity, plus there's no point booking such a quaint getaway and not enjoying the spoils that come with it.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby whufc » Mon May 18, 2020 3:36 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
whufc wrote:
Never been in there but do know the place.

Mintaro is a cool living/working heritage town 15 minutes south east of Clare.

If its just you and the misses would be a perfect little get away. There are a heap of wineries and brewiers near by. A nice little pub Magpie & Stump across the road.

Lots of tourists love the Martindale Hall which is just down the road, not really my thing but was ok to look at.

Only advice i would say is you may struggle to get taxi's etc if you are both going to be drinking and i wouldnt be risking drink driving if you are coming into Clare. Its the biggest hot spot for booze buses.

Nah, we wouldn't risk that, we'd probably do the cellar door thing from noon til about two without sampling much, we'd just make some purchases to bring back home and perhaps enjoy the serenity, plus there's no point booking such a quaint getaway and not enjoying the spoils that come with it.

Yeah good shout. Off the top of my head there would be 2 different cellar doors and a pub within ten minute walking distance of that place all 3 of which are nice little places.
whufc
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Mon May 18, 2020 3:39 pm

whufc wrote:Great trip mate.

Burra is pretty impressive these days and has a lot of great cafes. I speak to the CEO of the Council up there a fair bit and his real switched on and has the town pumping.

Not much would of changed in Blyth hey.....except for few things closing down and Barpy has tided up his corner block :D
I wanted to check out our old house and I have some rellies buried at the cemetery there. My old man used to come over every year to tidy up around his Grandparents graves but he lives over in Gundagai now so with the fires over there and now the border restrictions it’s been almost a year since has been over here so he asked if I wouldn’t mind swinging past there one weekend.
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Booney » Mon May 18, 2020 3:46 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:there's no point booking such a quaint getaway and not enjoying the spoils that come with it.

Yep, looks like a comfy work bench.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Brodlach » Mon May 18, 2020 3:51 pm

Been told many government workers will be returning to the offices next Monday and working from home will be ceased.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby amber_fluid » Mon May 18, 2020 3:53 pm

Brodlach wrote:Been told many government workers will be returning to the offices next Monday and working from home will be ceased.

I’m in the private sector but we all started back today in the office.
Have to adhere to 4,000 rules though.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 18, 2020 3:57 pm

Booney wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:there's no point booking such a quaint getaway and not enjoying the spoils that come with it.

A heated bathroom floor, like WTF?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon May 18, 2020 3:58 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:

A heated bathroom floor, like WTF?

Save getting cold knees I guess.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby tipper » Mon May 18, 2020 3:59 pm

Brodlach wrote:Been told many government workers will be returning to the offices next Monday and working from home will be ceased.
Interesting.

Wonder when they will tell us....

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 18, 2020 4:01 pm

Booney wrote:
Save getting cold knees I guess.

Yeah, they have a tendency to seize up.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Mon May 18, 2020 4:17 pm

tipper wrote:
Interesting.

Wonder when they will tell us....

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Maybe depending on your department? All his staff were told this morning
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon May 18, 2020 4:23 pm

My youngest daughter got tested this afternoon. I was supposed to have my girls from tonight. But looks like i won't see them for another 24-48 hours, hopefully it only takes a day for the results come in... So they will be with their mum...
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby Dutchy » Mon May 18, 2020 4:33 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:My youngest daughter got tested this afternoon. I was supposed to have my girls from tonight. But looks like i won't see them for another 24-48 hours, hopefully it only takes a day for the results come in... So they will be with their mum...

My 10yo nephew went to the Doc on the weekend and got sent straight to get a test, despite Mum's disgust, sounds like GP's are being awfully (but understandably) cautious
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Booney » Mon May 18, 2020 4:37 pm

Dutchy wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:My youngest daughter got tested this afternoon. I was supposed to have my girls from tonight. But looks like i won't see them for another 24-48 hours, hopefully it only takes a day for the results come in... So they will be with their mum...

My 10yo nephew went to the Doc on the weekend and got sent straight to get a test, despite Mum's disgust, sounds like GP's are being awfully (but understandably) cautious

With no active cases or community transmissions to be traced I think you'll find anything remotely respiratory based will have you off to be tested.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon May 18, 2020 4:49 pm

Dutchy wrote:

zero issue with her getting a test. rather be safe then sorry. Also when the test comes back negative it will put her school at ease to for her return... Just sucks the extra time apart
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby The Bedge » Tue May 19, 2020 11:54 am

I got an email from HR saying i'm set to return Monday, but it's a 1 and 1 roster - 1 week in the office, 1 at home.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Pseudo » Tue May 19, 2020 11:59 am

This is worth a read. Most economists surveyed by the ABC think that the benefit of social restriction to keep the growth factor below 1 outweighs the cost:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-05-18/ ... t/12258364

Also worth noting that several of the economists recognise that the restrictions do cause damage to the economy which will manifest in other issues, like domestic violence, suicide, etc.

I suppose the issue should really be reformulated as "How do we keep the growth rate below 1 while maximising social mobility?", i.e. how much social suppression is enough, how much is clearly overkill?

From my uneducated viewpoint, I think that right now restrictions could certainly be eased a little; taking the foot off the pedal might confer benefit with low immediate cost. The pedal can always be pushed a little harder later, if needs be.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion