HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Re: Macca's, HJ's or KFC

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:33 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:All round = HJ

KFC - doesnt normally sit well with the grease n shit. But the tenders are a winner. So 2nd.

Maccas - quarter pounder is the only thing they have, but 2 bites and its goneski. Haven't had Maccas for a long long long time

I remember when they had triple quarter pounders, I used to hook into them every now and then.......................I wonder why I'm having some heart related health issues now? :-s
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:33 am

A few HJ's last night by the looks of it, up to 31%.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:34 am

Anyone rate Red Rooster?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Corona Man » Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:45 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:Anyone rate Red Rooster?

Went there once on a Saturday night... went to place my order.

“Sorry mate, we’ve run out of chickens”...

Not been back.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:56 am

Corona Man wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Anyone rate Red Rooster?

Went there once on a Saturday night... went to place my order.

“Sorry mate, we’ve run out of chickens”...

Not been back.

Easy mistake for them :lol: :lol: :lol:

I used to get their tender roasts, they were superb, a bit on the pricey side but, their sides were crap though.

Used to have good two for one hot chicken roll deals, that was the only other thing I'd get from there, it's hard to bother wit them when I have Chicken Chef close to home and work.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:34 am

Yumbos used to be my favorite as a kid

July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:37 am

Does anyone remember a place called "Yum Yums" on the corner of GJ & Addison Roads?

It was always our stopover on our way back from Semaphore Beach, one of my favourite memories as a kid as basic as it seems.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby JK » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:13 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:Does anyone remember a place called "Yum Yums" on the corner of GJ & Addison Roads?

It was always our stopover on our way back from Semaphore Beach, one of my favourite memories as a kid as basic as it seems.

Yep remember it bud but never tried it
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby JK » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:16 am

Dutchy wrote:As a father of 2 teenagers KFC is easily the most popular with the youngsters these days, pretty amazing considering they were well behind the others a few years back, not sure if it has been the marketing or that some of their food doesn't actually taste like junk food.

Yep, that my experience too (although not so much in my household). Has always amazed me in recent years going to a Food Court (doesnt seem to matter which one) where there's a plethora of food choices (Parmies, fresh cut rolls, Yiros, Sushi etc) yet the lineup for KFC has more people than all other stalls combined.

This survey going mostly the way I suspected, although Im surprised at the distinct lack of love for Maccas.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:17 am

JK wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Does anyone remember a place called "Yum Yums" on the corner of GJ & Addison Roads?

They were the bomb, it's the only one that the old man would go to, being an old school truck driver he never went to Macca's as he claimed he once carted buffalo for them.

We got him over the line with HJ's eventually where he fell in love with the Aussie Burger.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:20 am

JK wrote:
Dutchy wrote:As a father of 2 teenagers KFC is easily the most popular with the youngsters these days, pretty amazing considering they were well behind the others a few years back, not sure if it has been the marketing or that some of their food doesn't actually taste like junk food.

Yep, that my experience too (although not so much in my household). Has always amazed me in recent years going to a Food Court (doesnt seem to matter which one) where there's a plethora of food choices (Parmies, fresh cut rolls, Yiros, Sushi etc) yet the lineup for KFC has more people than all other stalls combined.

This survey going mostly the way I suspected, although Im surprised at the distinct lack of love for Maccas.

Not for mine, absolute shit. Could eat it without any teeth.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby JK » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:20 am

daysofourlives wrote:Best chips in Adelaide, Chicken Chef, Main North Rd

Hands down mate, nothing else comes close imho.

There's a Chicken shop on the corner of Woodville and Port Rd (opposite Barneys) that was once a Chicken Chef with the same chips. When they pulled out of their franchise agreement and changed name they still kept the same chips. Sadly about 3 years ago they changed to another run of the mill type. Took me a while to get it over lol.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:21 am

JK wrote:

To me, Macca's is good going in but terrible coming out not long after, I don't know what it is but it's the same whatever burger I get from them.

Their breakfast wraps are plain terrible for something that actually looks and sounds good.

Can't knock their bacon and egg McMuffins, but how can you stuff them up? I must say that they're 10 times better when making them at home.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby JK » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:22 am

Booney wrote:
JK wrote:

Not for mine, absolute shit. Could eat it without any teeth.

Yeah Im not big on Maccas, maybe once or twice a year when desperate. HJ's my preferred option of the 3, but even then it's rare.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:22 am

Only thing Macca's wins at is their coffee, don't even bother trying a Jacks coffee.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby JK » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:24 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
JK wrote:

To me, Macca's is good going in but terrible coming out not long after, I don't know what it is but it's the same whatever burger I get from them.

Their breakfast wraps are plain terrible for something that actually looks and sounds good.

Can't knock their bacon and egg McMuffins, but how can you stuff them up? I must say that they're 10 times better when making them at home.

Haha, yep I have the same problem with Macca's. Used to love KFC Chicken (or moreso the skin) but haven't had it for decades because without fail it seriously messes with me every time.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:24 am

daysofourlives wrote:Maccas for Bacon and egg muffins, never ever HJ's
HJ's for Bacon Deluxe or Ultimate Double Whopper, never ever Maccas
KFC for tenders or wicked wings

Chips for consistency- HJ's
Best chips on their day- KFC
Never ever Maccas

I went with KFC

Best chips in Adelaide, Chicken Chef, Main North Rd

On a side note my boss is behind the development that will finally see Maccas and KFC come to the Barossa. Going to be a real trap with them 100mtrs from my work

Pretty much my sentiments all round. Do you grab the Chicken Chef chips when you're in town for your weekly catch up with Booney?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:28 am

That was our go to as a treat when we were kids.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby JK » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:30 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
JK wrote:

They were the bomb, it's the only one that the old man would go to, being an old school truck driver he never went to Macca's as he claimed he once carted buffalo for them.

We got him over the line with HJ's eventually where he fell in love with the Aussie Burger.

Was always spewing as a young buck I never got to try it. Those feelings have resurfaced this morning.
FUSC
JK
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion