Lessons Learned - Building a House

Anything!

Re: Lessons Learned - Building a House

Postby Dutchy » Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:46 pm

Nice well done, nothing like a new house...
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3484 times

Postby Felch » Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:55 pm

Very, very happy to be in, especially after living at the ma-in-laws for the last 16 months...

Talk about doing 'the hard yards'... :ymparty:
Felch
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Portland

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:08 pm

Felch wrote:Very, very happy to be in, especially after living at the ma-in-laws for the last 16 months...

Ewww, you did the wild thing at your in-laws AND gave birth :shock: Didn't that make you feel slightly uncomfortable?
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Booney » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:13 pm

I had my mother-in-law live with me for 6 months ( entering our bedroom at the most inconvenient of moments to tell me I had a phone call) and then a year later she lived across the road from me for 1 year. At this point in time she arrived at my house just after I got home from work and was 'preparing' a surprise for my wife.

I walked out into the lounge room with * and there is the mother-in-law,not said wife...
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Felch » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:28 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
Felch wrote:Very, very happy to be in, especially after living at the ma-in-laws for the last 16 months...

Ewww, you did the wild thing at your in-laws AND gave birth :shock: Didn't that make you feel slightly uncomfortable?

Ummm, yeah, slightly...

My wife didnt give birth at her house though... ;)
Felch
Assistant Coach

Postby Felch » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:30 pm

Booney wrote:I had my mother-in-law live with me for 6 months ( entering our bedroom at the most inconvenient of moments to tell me I had a phone call) and then a year later she lived across the road from me for 1 year. At this point in time she arrived at my house just after I got home from work and was 'preparing' a surprise for my wife.

I walked out into the lounge room with * and there is the mother-in-law,not said wife...

:lol:
Felch
Assistant Coach

Postby smac » Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:30 am

Booney wrote:I had my mother-in-law live with me for 6 months ( entering our bedroom at the most inconvenient of moments to tell me I had a phone call) and then a year later she lived across the road from me for 1 year. At this point in time she arrived at my house just after I got home from work and was 'preparing' a surprise for my wife.

Bahahaha. Bet it took a long time to gain rigidity after that.
smac
Coach

Has liked: 165 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby brod » Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:23 pm

Land FINALLY settled last month and am now hoping to have slab done next week before Christmas holidays :roll:
brod
Coach

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 26 times

Postby Spot » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:22 pm

Did you get your slab done
Spot
Rookie

Been liked: 1 time

Postby brod » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:24 pm

Spot wrote:Did you get your slab done

This week :?
brod
Coach

Postby brod » Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:30 pm

brod wrote:
Spot wrote:Did you get your slab done

This week :?

NOT this ******* week, and I see that Tues will be a mild 41!!!!!
brod
Coach

Postby wycbloods » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:18 am

I am currently building with Hickinbotham, even though that will help the panthers, and they have been nothing short of a disgrace when it comes to communication. I don't mind so much that the house 3 months behind schedule but i would like to be kept up to date as to how things are going and not once have they called to say that things are a bit behind schedule and these are the reasons. If i were to build a house again it will certainly not be with Hickinbotham because they have been sh!thouse and i wouldn't recommend them to anyone, in fact i wouldn't want them to build a kennell for a dog.
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Dr. Rev. Martin Luther King Jnr.

CoverKing said what?

Agree with AF on this one!
wycbloods
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby Felch » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:25 am

wycbloods wrote:I am currently building with Hickinbotham, even though that will help the panthers, and they have been nothing short of a disgrace when it comes to communication. I don't mind so much that the house 3 months behind schedule but i would like to be kept up to date as to how things are going and not once have they called to say that things are a bit behind schedule and these are the reasons. If i were to build a house again it will certainly not be with Hickinbotham because they have been sh!thouse and i wouldn't recommend them to anyone, in fact i wouldn't want them to build a kennell for a dog.

Communication was our biggest issue too mate. AV Jennings were terrible as far as keeping us updated, and when they did, they were inaccurate.

I think its a common problem right through the industry.
Felch
Assistant Coach

Postby wycbloods » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:30 am

It is giving me the sh!ts thats for sure it is something that I believe is pretty simple, pick up the phone and call us to tell us what the hell is going on. Instead we ring them and they say we will get back to you in 48 hours and 6 days later i ring them to remind them to call me. For a company of its size it is very unprofessional.
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Dr. Rev. Martin Luther King Jnr.

CoverKing said what?

wycbloods
Coach

Postby heater31 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:09 pm

Felch wrote:
wycbloods wrote:I am currently building with Hickinbotham, even though that will help the panthers, and they have been nothing short of a disgrace when it comes to communication. I don't mind so much that the house 3 months behind schedule but i would like to be kept up to date as to how things are going and not once have they called to say that things are a bit behind schedule and these are the reasons. If i were to build a house again it will certainly not be with Hickinbotham because they have been sh!thouse and i wouldn't recommend them to anyone, in fact i wouldn't want them to build a kennell for a dog.

Communication was our biggest issue too mate. AV Jennings were terrible as far as keeping us updated, and when they did, they were inaccurate.

Since I work in the industry I would redirect that to a problem in that sector of the industry ie Package Home builders. The supervisors that that many jobs on the go at any one time I would not be surprised if they spent that time trying to find out who you are.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby brod » Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:18 am

Felch wrote:

Got our weekly update email (due Wed) on Friday saying that the slab was down..has been for over a week now, clowns
brod
Coach

Postby wycbloods » Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:18 pm

brod wrote:
Felch wrote:

Got our weekly update email (due Wed) on Friday saying that the slab was down..has been for over a week now, clowns

Who you building with Brod?

If they are anything like Hickinbotham then get you used to dealing with clowns :roll: .

CoverKing said what?

wycbloods
Coach

Postby brod » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:57 pm

wycbloods wrote:
brod wrote:
Felch wrote:

Who you building with Brod?

If they are anything like Hickinbotham then get you used to dealing with clowns :roll: .

Henley
brod
Coach

Postby brod » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:27 am

How it is to look at this thread...we have our handover tomorrow. :roll:

Have noticed that there was a min of three cars/vans there all weekend just gone, assume they are trying to fix the issues that we have quietly brought to their attention previously, before handover.

Also loving the weather right now, with plans for stormwater and concrete for later this week :(
brod
Coach

Postby Interceptor » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:51 pm

Interceptor
League - Top 5

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 24 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion