Things that give you the sh1ts

Anything!

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed May 16, 2018 10:10 am

Footy Chick wrote:What gives me the shits today:

When you go to buy petrol and have to wait for a bowser but when the person in front gets back in the car after paying, they take fricking aaaaaaaages to start the car and drive off because they're checking their phone.

People on phones full stop, they think they are invisible or have immunity on manners in the shopping centres etc. I just bang into them now or let them know how rude I think they are in a nice sarcastic manner, even worse when you check their screen out and they are looking at photo's.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 31928
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 1720 times
Been liked: 3462 times

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby The Ash Man » Wed May 16, 2018 11:06 am

carey wrote:To much chilli on my dog roll today, so I take some of the chili out and complete the roll absolutely beautiful as always. (Top end of churchill rd, although they are moving) but what shits me is forgetting I took the chilli out then rubbing an irritating eye.

Seriously don’t recommend chilli in the eye. Jesus it burnt.


Sunshine Snack Bar?

I don't understand the lettuce they put on the dog rolls but usually very good anyway.
They are moving opposite Charles Cane Reserve and are going to have a proper sit down type set up.

Should be good (and the floors should be magnificent if they do what I suggested!)
User avatar
The Ash Man
Coach
 
 
Posts: 5297
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:33 pm
Has liked: 311 times
Been liked: 196 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Booney » Wed May 16, 2018 12:57 pm

Passive aggressive's.
PAFC. Forever.
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 39686
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 3385 times
Been liked: 5805 times

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Pseudo » Wed May 16, 2018 10:30 pm

TransAdelaide - better described as TrainsAreDelayed.

The local train station is adorned with mini posters, each proclaiming a Brand New Timetable which makes the system more efficient and accessible, with trains guaranteed to depart "at least every 30 minutes from morning peak to last service".

Between the hours of 8 AM and 9:30 AM three trains now depart from my station - 8:15, 8:50, and 9:23. The mathematically minded among you will note that the difference between these times exceeds 30 minutes. Moreover, on the previous timetable trains would depart every 20 minutes during this period.

I notice that during earlier periods trains depart every 20 minutes, while alternate trains give this particular station a miss. At later periods - post 9 AM - every train turns into a stop-all-stations affair, so this station gets served every 15 minutes. Yes, during the day there are now more frequent trains than during peak hour.

What sort of Orwellian reality do these idiots at TrainsAreDelayed exist in? Where Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength ... and Less Trains is Better Service? With my specific commuting requirements the train service has been made all but unusable. I will be driving to work more often. Congratulations TrainsAreDelayed; if you've been trying to drive people away from the system, you have succeeded admirably.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
User avatar
Pseudo
Coach
 
 
Posts: 9677
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:11 am
Location: the kitchen drawer
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 853 times
Grassroots Team: Morningside

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby heater31 » Wed May 16, 2018 11:07 pm

Easy solution....get on the train before 8am and there is no problem [emoji6]
User avatar
heater31
Moderator
 
 
Posts: 14914
Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:42 am
Location: the back blocks
Has liked: 438 times
Been liked: 1003 times

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Booney » Thu May 17, 2018 9:14 am

Pseudo wrote:TransAdelaide - better described as TrainsAreDelayed.

The local train station is adorned with mini posters, each proclaiming a Brand New Timetable which makes the system more efficient and accessible, with trains guaranteed to depart "at least every 30 minutes from morning peak to last service".

Between the hours of 8 AM and 9:30 AM three trains now depart from my station - 8:15, 8:50, and 9:23. The mathematically minded among you will note that the difference between these times exceeds 30 minutes. Moreover, on the previous timetable trains would depart every 20 minutes during this period.

I notice that during earlier periods trains depart every 20 minutes, while alternate trains give this particular station a miss. At later periods - post 9 AM - every train turns into a stop-all-stations affair, so this station gets served every 15 minutes. Yes, during the day there are now more frequent trains than during peak hour.

What sort of Orwellian reality do these idiots at TrainsAreDelayed exist in? Where Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength ... and Less Trains is Better Service? With my specific commuting requirements the train service has been made all but unusable. I will be driving to work more often. Congratulations TrainsAreDelayed; if you've been trying to drive people away from the system, you have succeeded admirably.


11 minutes to the hour and 21 past the hour from Old Albert Township. Set your watch to it.

Last one of the day/night comes by at 1:12am city bound. First one rattles by at 5:20am heading for the Harbour Out.
PAFC. Forever.
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 39686
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 3385 times
Been liked: 5805 times

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Mr Beefy » Thu May 17, 2018 9:30 am

Booney wrote:
Pseudo wrote:TransAdelaide - better described as TrainsAreDelayed.

The local train station is adorned with mini posters, each proclaiming a Brand New Timetable which makes the system more efficient and accessible, with trains guaranteed to depart "at least every 30 minutes from morning peak to last service".

Between the hours of 8 AM and 9:30 AM three trains now depart from my station - 8:15, 8:50, and 9:23. The mathematically minded among you will note that the difference between these times exceeds 30 minutes. Moreover, on the previous timetable trains would depart every 20 minutes during this period.

I notice that during earlier periods trains depart every 20 minutes, while alternate trains give this particular station a miss. At later periods - post 9 AM - every train turns into a stop-all-stations affair, so this station gets served every 15 minutes. Yes, during the day there are now more frequent trains than during peak hour.

What sort of Orwellian reality do these idiots at TrainsAreDelayed exist in? Where Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength ... and Less Trains is Better Service? With my specific commuting requirements the train service has been made all but unusable. I will be driving to work more often. Congratulations TrainsAreDelayed; if you've been trying to drive people away from the system, you have succeeded admirably.


11 minutes to the hour and 21 past the hour from Old Albert Township. Set your watch to it.

Last one of the day/night comes by at 1:12am city bound. First one rattles by at 5:20am heading for the Harbour Out.

I think it recently changed to 19 past the hour, or are you saying it's always 2 minutes late...
User avatar
Mr Beefy
Veteran
 
 
Posts: 3989
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:18 pm
Has liked: 309 times
Been liked: 424 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri May 18, 2018 11:11 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:After breaking up from my wife late in 2012 I set out to make a better life for my kids and I, I didn't want to lose them so I put my life on hold and rebuilt myself from scratch, I left with nothing except some huge debts that I knew nothing of at the time.

The CSA told me that I had to go to Centrelink to do assessments and work out child support etc. as there was shared custody, I did and it was a feeling of accomplishment as I was recognised as a sole parent and everything was above board.

I received the minimum payments (based on my wage), around $90-$110 per fortnight, I done my taxes immediately after getting my group certificate and then Centrelink would send me a letter of re-assessment based on my estimated earnings vs actual earnings, I always over-estimated to avoid any fines etc.

I received money 3 times after they had assessed my tax.

Here I am, 5 years later and I receive an email saying I owe them $10,000 for over-payments between 2014-2016, how the hell do they work this out, they didn't even give me that much money during this time, no wonder people go and do crazy shit!

After sitting on it for a week I rang them yesterday to arrange an appointment, ended up being a 90 minute phone call to which the bloke on the other end had to get his manager to go over it too as they couldn't see how or why my assessment changed so long after, all my i's we're dotted and the t's were crossed so it should've been a closed case, somehow someone somewhere has changed my profile recently to backdate things 4 years ago and alter all of my child support, earnings and level of care, the case has been escalated and I should be hearing back from them today, hopefully with a positive outcome.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 31928
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 1720 times
Been liked: 3462 times

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri May 18, 2018 11:21 am

Booney wrote:
11 minutes to the hour and 21 past the hour from Old Albert Township. Set your watch to it.

Last one of the day/night comes by at 1:12am city bound. First one rattles by at 5:20am heading for the Harbour Out.

First train for Outer Harbour leaves the city at 4:34am each morning, sheesh.

The Gawler bound line doesn't start until 6:03.

What industry would that be in aid of? Obviously there's the ASC and the petrol terminals, much else?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 31928
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 1720 times
Been liked: 3462 times

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Mr Beefy » Fri May 18, 2018 11:23 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:
11 minutes to the hour and 21 past the hour from Old Albert Township. Set your watch to it.

Last one of the day/night comes by at 1:12am city bound. First one rattles by at 5:20am heading for the Harbour Out.

First train for Outer Harbour leaves the city at 4:34am each morning, sheesh.

The Gawler bound line doesn't start until 6:03.

What industry would that be in aid of? Obviously there's the ASC and the petrol terminals, much else?
So we can get home and shower before work
User avatar
Mr Beefy
Veteran
 
 
Posts: 3989
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:18 pm
Has liked: 309 times
Been liked: 424 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Fri May 18, 2018 3:03 pm

Work van in for a service....hoping for a hit at golf....but Mother Nature says otherwise
User avatar
mighty_tiger_79
Coach
 
Posts: 43552
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:29 pm
Location: at the TAB
Has liked: 6303 times
Been liked: 1672 times

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby heater31 » Fri May 18, 2018 3:35 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Work van in for a service....hoping for a hit at golf....but Mother Nature says otherwise
BEER!!!
User avatar
heater31
Moderator
 
 
Posts: 14914
Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:42 am
Location: the back blocks
Has liked: 438 times
Been liked: 1003 times

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby DOC » Fri May 18, 2018 3:37 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Work van in for a service....hoping for a hit at golf....but Mother Nature says otherwise


God almighty. What idiot booked your work van in for a service on a Friday afternoon?
User avatar
DOC
Assistant Coach
 
 
Posts: 4840
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:15 pm
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 379 times

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Fri May 18, 2018 3:39 pm

DOC wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Work van in for a service....hoping for a hit at golf....but Mother Nature says otherwise


God almighty. What idiot booked your work van in for a service on a Friday afternoon?
Why is that a bad thing? If the weather was better id be playing golf and getting paid!

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
User avatar
mighty_tiger_79
Coach
 
Posts: 43552
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:29 pm
Location: at the TAB
Has liked: 6303 times
Been liked: 1672 times

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby carey » Fri May 18, 2018 6:55 pm

The Royal F##king Wedding
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
User avatar
carey
Coach
 
 
Posts: 18520
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:20 pm
Location: From a place i shouldn't be.
Has liked: 1908 times
Been liked: 2211 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby heater31 » Fri May 18, 2018 7:03 pm

carey wrote:The Royal F##king Wedding



Thank god for Foxtel......
User avatar
heater31
Moderator
 
 
Posts: 14914
Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:42 am
Location: the back blocks
Has liked: 438 times
Been liked: 1003 times

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Wedgie » Fri May 18, 2018 7:32 pm

heater31 wrote:
carey wrote:The Royal F##king Wedding



Thank god for Foxtel......


An email I got from Foxtel today:

You’re invited to the wedding of the year.

The big day is finally here! Grab your fascinator and tune in to UKTV from 6pm tomorrow to catch the BBC’s live, uninterrupted coverage of the Royal wedding of HRH Prince Harry and Meghan Markle.

Coverage includes the marriage vows at St George's Chapel, Windsor Castle, and following the service, a Carriage Procession through Windsor Town.
User avatar
Wedgie
Site Admin
 
 
Posts: 43333
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:00 am
Has liked: 954 times
Been liked: 2314 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby amber_fluid » Fri May 18, 2018 7:34 pm

Wedgie wrote:
heater31 wrote:
carey wrote:The Royal F##king Wedding



Thank god for Foxtel......


An email I got from Foxtel today:

You’re invited to the wedding of the year.

The big day is finally here! Grab your fascinator and tune in to UKTV from 6pm tomorrow to catch the BBC’s live, uninterrupted coverage of the Royal wedding of HRH Prince Harry and Meghan Markle.

Coverage includes the marriage vows at St George's Chapel, Windsor Castle, and following the service, a Carriage Procession through Windsor Town.


You’ll be popping some champagne and putting on your best dressing gown to sit down and watch it surely?
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
User avatar
amber_fluid
Coach
 
 
Posts: 5550
Joined: Wed May 21, 2008 10:18 am
Has liked: 929 times
Been liked: 989 times

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Wedgie » Fri May 18, 2018 7:35 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
heater31 wrote:
carey wrote:The Royal F##king Wedding



Thank god for Foxtel......


An email I got from Foxtel today:

You’re invited to the wedding of the year.

The big day is finally here! Grab your fascinator and tune in to UKTV from 6pm tomorrow to catch the BBC’s live, uninterrupted coverage of the Royal wedding of HRH Prince Harry and Meghan Markle.

Coverage includes the marriage vows at St George's Chapel, Windsor Castle, and following the service, a Carriage Procession through Windsor Town.


You’ll be popping some champagne and putting on your best dressing gown to sit down and watch it surely?

Unfortunately I'm working till 2.30 am so will miss it. Shattered! ;)
User avatar
Wedgie
Site Admin
 
 
Posts: 43333
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:00 am
Has liked: 954 times
Been liked: 2314 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby HH3 » Fri May 18, 2018 9:05 pm

Didnt know there was a wedding til my barber told me yesterday.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
User avatar
HH3
Coach
 
Posts: 10770
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:14 pm
Has liked: 2673 times
Been liked: 2108 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Lightning McQueen and 5 guests