Things that give you the sh1ts

Anything!

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:55 am

tipper wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
tipper wrote:
yeah, still listed as open "early march" on the website, which to me means by the tenth (after that is middle of march) but id assume there is still wiggle room in the estimation.

they were up to fitting all the signs when i came past it on sunday lunchtime though, so it cant be too far away, thats usually the last thing that gets done.

Where they have temporarily closed the part where you join the Northern Expressway from Port Wakefield Road had a fair bit of work to do still on Saturday when I went past, neither side had bitumen laid at that point of time.

You'll be able to travel from Regency Road to Renmark without seeing a traffic light.

i think you will find that the part where you join the expressway from port wakefield road is PERMANENTLY closed.... they must be expecting any traffic to join the expressway through one of the other onramps. bolivar rd, waterloo corner road, or further back at south road. will be a bit of a pain i would have thought for any trucks coming down from gepps cross, having to zig and zag to get onto it. https://dpti.sa.gov.au/__data/assets/pd ... ..docx.pdf

id assume that is something to do with there not being room for a loop from port wakefield rd onto the correct side of the new section without taking out the start line at adelaide international raceway. they wouldnt have had the budget to compensate the owner for that "bit" of land, as it would have forced the closure of the whole thing (at a guess) so they just eliminated it and people will have to get on further back.

the off ramp heading south onto port wakefield rd was apparently resurfaced last night, so hopefully it is nearly all done.

That bit is permanent but there will still be access to it, I worded it wrong.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby tipper » Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:30 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
tipper wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
tipper wrote:
yeah, still listed as open "early march" on the website, which to me means by the tenth (after that is middle of march) but id assume there is still wiggle room in the estimation.

they were up to fitting all the signs when i came past it on sunday lunchtime though, so it cant be too far away, thats usually the last thing that gets done.

Where they have temporarily closed the part where you join the Northern Expressway from Port Wakefield Road had a fair bit of work to do still on Saturday when I went past, neither side had bitumen laid at that point of time.

You'll be able to travel from Regency Road to Renmark without seeing a traffic light.

i think you will find that the part where you join the expressway from port wakefield road is PERMANENTLY closed.... they must be expecting any traffic to join the expressway through one of the other onramps. bolivar rd, waterloo corner road, or further back at south road. will be a bit of a pain i would have thought for any trucks coming down from gepps cross, having to zig and zag to get onto it. https://dpti.sa.gov.au/__data/assets/pd ... ..docx.pdf

id assume that is something to do with there not being room for a loop from port wakefield rd onto the correct side of the new section without taking out the start line at adelaide international raceway. they wouldnt have had the budget to compensate the owner for that "bit" of land, as it would have forced the closure of the whole thing (at a guess) so they just eliminated it and people will have to get on further back.

the off ramp heading south onto port wakefield rd was apparently resurfaced last night, so hopefully it is nearly all done.

That bit is permanent but there will still be access to it, I worded it wrong.

all good, not trying to start an argument.

either way, hopefully it is all open sooner rather than later.
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby The Dark Knight » Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:25 pm

tipper wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:The Port River Expressway.
I can't f**king wait for it to be completed! Surely it's not far away from being finished.

2 weeks ago they said the northern connector was meant to be ready by the 2nd week of March, one would assume that is all inclusive?

I can't wait, I'll be able to get from Gawler to Regency Road without seeing a set of traffic lights.

Signs look like they are almost done and the cement barriers along the South Road to Hanson Road sections have started to be removed so surely it's not far away from being open. I tried looking for an official update but couldn't find anything.
Last edited by The Dark Knight on Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10328 times
Been liked: 1519 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:14 pm

This doesn't give me the shits as such but...

The amount of make up that Tom Angley from Nine News wears on camera is a little over the top.

To boot, I think his eyebrows are fake too.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby LMA » Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:26 pm

Footy Chick wrote:This doesn't give me the shits as such but...

The amount of make up that Tom Angley from Nine News wears on camera is a little over the top.

To boot, I think his eyebrows are fake too.

Never noticed, too busy looking at Kate's ampleness. :D
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby mighty hounds » Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:36 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:
tipper wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:The Port River Expressway.
I can't f**king wait for it to be completed! Surely it's not far away from being finished.

2 weeks ago they said the northern connector was meant to be ready by the 2nd week of March, one would assume that is all inclusive?

I can't wait, I'll be able to get from Gawler to Regency Road without seeing a set of traffic lights.

Signs look like they are almost done and the cement barriers along the South Road to Hanson Road sections have started to be removed so surely it's not far away from being open. I tried looking for an official update but couldn't find anything.

My mate has been working on the connector and he was telling me they had laid down About 5km of cement for the road and then failed the soil test. Had to rip it up and go again. Delayed it by 3-4 months. Two weeks ago he said It should be openIng this weekend.
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby heater31 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:46 pm

mighty hounds wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:
tipper wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:[quote="The Dark Knight"]The Port River Expressway.

My mate has been working on the connector and he was telling me they had laid down About 5km of cement for the road and then failed the soil test. Had to rip it up and go again. Delayed it by 3-4 months. Two weeks ago he said It should be openIng this weekend.[/quote]Bang on cue......Adelaide Now release a story an hour ago to reveal it will open this weekend!
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:04 pm

heater31 wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:
tipper wrote:[quote="Lightning McQueen"][quote="The Dark Knight"]The Port River Expressway.

My mate has been working on the connector and he was telling me they had laid down About 5km of cement for the road and then failed the soil test. Had to rip it up and go again. Delayed it by 3-4 months. Two weeks ago he said It should be openIng this weekend.[/quote]Bang on cue......Adelaide Now release a story an hour ago to reveal it will open this weekend![/quote]
https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/sou ... 79f3e476dc
Yep just read it.
They obviously read SA Footy and read my post whinging about it.

On the back of MH's post there's a quote from the Infrastructure minister Stephan Knoll about the 3 month delay as he cited there have been technical reasons for the delay.
Hopefully the Port River Expressway can be finally put back to 90 the whole way along ASAP.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10328 times
Been liked: 1519 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby mighty hounds » Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:41 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:Yep just read it.

On the back of MH's post there's a quote from the Infrastructure minister Stephan Knoll about the 3 month delay as he cited there have been technical reasons for the delay.
Hopefully the Port River Expressway can be finally put back to 90 the whole way along ASAP.

Yeh TDK, I dare say the “technical issue” was the failed soil test. I don’t know much about how all that works but surely you test the soil before you lay the road? :?
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:53 am

tipper wrote:

No worries big fella, you were right.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:54 am

mighty hounds wrote:

Yeh TDK, I dare say the “technical issue” was the failed soil test. I don’t know much about how all that works but surely you test the soil before you lay the road? :?

There was always going to be issues building a road over salt pans.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:58 am

The Dark Knight wrote:https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/sou ... 79f3e476dc
Yep just read it.

I'm excited about it, Port Wakefield Road will be like Route 66 on the movie that I star in, I can use that again, as it is, I live joust outside of Gawler and Main North Road is quicker for me to get to work.

For all the stupidity that comes along with road works, yesterday I was driving home and had to take the Waterloo/Heaslip detour, it is as busy AF at the moment due to the expressway's closure so they go and chuck some road works in at the Penfield Road roundabout, the pricks weren't even doing anything though, just cones out and lights flashing on their ute.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby tipper » Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:24 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
tipper wrote:

No worries big fella, you were right.

im going to refer my wife to this post right now :lol: :lol:

i might even go for a drive saturday to check it out. should pull a hell of a lot of traffic off the port wakefied rd, might actually be able to maintain the speed limit along there next week
tipper
League - Top 5

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:32 am

tipper wrote:
im going to refer my wife to this post right now :lol: :lol:

i might even go for a drive saturday to check it out. should pull a hell of a lot of traffic off the port wakefied rd, might actually be able to maintain the speed limit along there next week

She will twist it and still make you out to be wrong :lol: :lol:

I was going to refrain from going to the Reepham this Saturday after a bit of a crazy day there last Saturday, I think I'll change my mind now as I'll need to christen the road, the missus might even drop me off to have a gander herself.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:21 pm

mighty hounds wrote:

Judging by the youtube clip on their website it seems that you can't get on to the expressway directly off of Port Wakefield Road.

It seems that you have to turn left at Waterloo Corner or Bolivar Road?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Mr Beefy » Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:46 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:

Judging by the youtube clip on their website it seems that you can't get on to the expressway directly off of Port Wakefield Road.

Correct
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:54 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:[

Correct

Drats
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby tipper » Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:25 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:[

Correct

Drats

or continue to do the dogleg down waterloo corner/heaslip.
tipper
League - Top 5

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:46 am

tipper wrote:
or continue to do the dogleg down waterloo corner/heaslip.

It's a new road, I'll go out of my way to use it, I'm a bit special that way :lol: :lol:
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby tipper » Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:57 am

gotta get our moneys worth out of those taxes
tipper
League - Top 5