Things that give you the sh1ts

Anything!

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby MW » Tue Dec 21, 2021 12:50 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:How small the words shampoo and conditioner are on the wife's bottles in the shower

you don't want to get them mixed up.... ;)
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Dec 22, 2021 3:21 pm

Hi All, can someone please tell me....................... emails.

I've instructed our department to itemize their emails and use names of the people they require information from, it's made a world of difference as they are getting feedback and not getting frustrated.

I just had some pillock going nuts at me because no one replied to his mindless email, it was quite funny.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby locky801 » Wed Dec 22, 2021 4:35 pm

Tax office, just got a huge bill Not happy Jan :evil: :evil:
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3647 times
Been liked: 1160 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:34 pm

locky801 wrote:Tax office, just got a huge bill Not happy Jan :evil: :evil:

I don’t mind tax bills. That means I’ve made lots of money
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby RustyCage » Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:55 pm

NBN/WiFi not working the way it should, impacting my wife’s work at home
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:23 am

RustyCage wrote:NBN/WiFi not working the way it should, impacting my wife’s work at home

Weird, my LAN is working at all but my wi-fi is, they even sent me a credit and then a new modem but still the same, can't use my personal laptop at home but can use my restricted work one.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Smashed Crab » Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:18 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
RustyCage wrote:NBN/WiFi not working the way it should, impacting my wife’s work at home

Weird, my LAN is working at all but my wi-fi is, they even sent me a credit and then a new modem but still the same, can't use my personal laptop at home but can use my restricted work one.

Ours has been horrible for about 6 weeks. Actually its ever since they put an electronic power meter reader on. It's very annoying. Hopefully when we move out of the rental and back into the new build it'll work better there.
Smashed Crab
Rookie

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:42 am

Smashed Crab wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Ours has been horrible for about 6 weeks. Actually its ever since they put an electronic power meter reader on. It's very annoying. Hopefully when we move out of the rental and back into the new build it'll work better there.

I had a notification that they are doing some upgrades on mine and my LAN hasn't worked since.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Vamos » Thu Dec 23, 2021 12:06 pm

Do you need wifi to do the ironing and dishes these days? :P
Whoops, there goes another year. Whoops, there goes another pint of beer.
Vamos
League - Top 5

Has liked: 344 times
Been liked: 451 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Psyber » Fri Dec 24, 2021 3:38 pm

Our NBN 50 service had begun dropping out periodically early this year and had been gradually doing so more and more often.

I eventually rang our supplier and spoke to a tech, and I was told we had not yet hit the frequency of drop out at which the NBN would take action. However, I'd also tested the speed of the service and that was below the threshold at which the NBN would just stall. So the NBN tech came the next week and checked my internal connection then the street connections. It turned out the problem was a fault in the street cable and he swapped my service to another line.

No more drop outs and the service that was running at 35/11 Mbps is now running at 54/19..
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 389 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby DOC » Fri Dec 24, 2021 3:53 pm

Equally should be in "Things you rate".
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby Kahuna » Fri Dec 24, 2021 4:12 pm

Psyber wrote:. It turned out the problem was a fault in the street cable and he swapped my service to another line.

No more drop outs and the service that was running at 35/11 Mbps is now running at 54/19..

Sounds like you are on FTTN, changing a pair is generally only a stopgap measure. Treats the symptom not the cause, it is likely that you or perhaps your neighbours will experience more issues in the future. Still, good that you are back up to speed. Sad that the NBN turned into such a mishmash of technologies.
Kahuna
League - Top 5

Has liked: 499 times
Been liked: 187 times

Postby amber_fluid » Fri Dec 24, 2021 5:00 pm

Kahuna wrote:
Psyber wrote:. It turned out the problem was a fault in the street cable and he swapped my service to another line.

Sounds like you are on FTTN, changing a pair is generally only a stopgap measure. Treats the symptom not the cause, it is likely that you or perhaps your neighbours will experience more issues in the future. Still, good that you are back up to speed. Sad that the NBN turned into such a mishmash of technologies.

I had the same issue and after some diagnosis and rooting around the technician swapped pairs and said you’re fine now but your neighbour now has the issue…………
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Kahuna » Fri Dec 24, 2021 5:08 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
Kahuna wrote:

I had the same issue and after some diagnosis and rooting around the technician swapped pairs and said you’re fine now but your neighbour now has the issue…………

Yeah, that’s disgraceful but no longer surprising.
Kahuna
League - Top 5

Postby Psyber » Sun Dec 26, 2021 10:47 am

Yes FTTN. The tech did say it was a spare connection he used. It may be so as the area I'm in has large blocks and totally underground wiring and provision may have been made for further subdivision of adjacent restricted areas in future by the developer back in 2004.

It had been fine when I first moved in and I started having trouble after the upgrading of an adjacent major road on the outskirts of the area, during which we had several losses of power when they were digging near the entrance to this semi-rural development.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 389 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Kahuna » Sun Dec 26, 2021 10:57 am

Psyber wrote:Yes FTTN. The tech did say it was a spare connection he used. It may be so as the area I'm in has large blocks and totally underground wiring and provision may have been made for further subdivision of adjacent restricted areas in future by the developer back in 2004.

It had been fine when I first moved in and I started having trouble after the upgrading of an adjacent major road on the outskirts of the area, during which we had several losses of power when they were digging near the entrance to this semi-rural development.

That would make me suspicious that a cable got hit. Often other authorities/contractors nick the sheath on the cable, think it is ok to tape it up and not let Telstra (in my day) or NBN know. Down the track trouble comes with water ingress and insulation breakdown. I understand what you say about the provisioning for future expansion but the spare pair you were given will still be in the same cable as the original and at risk of future failure.
Kahuna
League - Top 5

Postby Brucetiki » Mon Dec 27, 2021 11:44 am

Kahuna wrote:
Psyber wrote:Yes FTTN. The tech did say it was a spare connection he used. It may be so as the area I'm in has large blocks and totally underground wiring and provision may have been made for further subdivision of adjacent restricted areas in future by the developer back in 2004.

That would make me suspicious that a cable got hit. Often other authorities/contractors nick the sheath on the cable, think it is ok to tape it up and not let Telstra (in my day) or NBN know. Down the track trouble comes with water ingress and insulation breakdown. I understand what you say about the provisioning for future expansion but the spare pair you were given will still be in the same cable as the original and at risk of future failure.

I worked out this happened at my place when I moved to NBN (I'm in a HFC area)

I've had Foxtel cable since I moved in, but for several years the FTA channels often had a 'No signal' error. Given this is essentially a 'nice to have' feature of the Foxtel box, I never followed it up.

When I moved to NBN, I had all sorts of difficulty connecting (the initial tech basically dropped the gateway box off and said, 'She'll be right eventually mate' and took off). Another tech came out a few days later, and yep, there was water damage to the cable. They fixed and it not only fixed the NBN, but fixed the FTA.

Funnily enough the cable now doesn't get used at all. I moved to 4G broadband around the time of our lockdown (it's cheaper and faster than the equivalent NBN plan), and the I just moved to Foxtel iQ5, which runs off your internet connection (basically it's the start of their phasing out of cable).
They don't keep me here because I'm gorgeous and 5'10
Brucetiki
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 181 times
Been liked: 32 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:30 am

I wasn't meant to be here this week but one of the girls has three young sons and asked if she could take holidays this week so I obliged to cover her and hold mine off until hopefully Feb.

I spoke to my manager about it and he said I can just do whatever hours I want this week as he wanted me to take the week off anyway.

I got in early hoping to smash out my work by lunch and chill out for the afternoon, it just so happens that our system has shat itself and our technical support centre is based in San Diego, it is currently 4pm yesterday there atm and they aren't answering the 24 hour hotline or responding on their emergency email, our factory is going to stop because of it and f*** knows when I'll get out of here.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Corona Man » Wed Dec 29, 2021 3:36 pm

A Corona shortage…..

Not even one bottle to be found in Dans Mt Barker.

Didn’t realise I had to byo from Victoria.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Wedgie » Wed Dec 29, 2021 3:41 pm

Corona Man wrote:A Corona shortage…..

Not even one bottle to be found in Dans Mt Barker.

Didn’t realise I had to byo from Victoria.

We drink beer in SA mate, not piss flavoured soda water. ;)
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion