Things that give you the sh1ts

Anything!

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:04 am

gadj1976 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:My missus being told that her firm is getting rid of all their temps as of today, this was after she was promised 6 months of work with a view to go full-time at the end of that (it's been approx. 3 months).
She turned down a $36 p/h government temp job after she'd taken this role because she thought it was the right thing to do.

Lesson learnt................look after #1.

I'm a contractor and I learnt a long time ago that you look after yourself and assume nothing.

Yep, all the sorry's in the world don't put money in your bank account.

At least she'll have some bargaining power when they need her back in a couple of weeks, the weather has been the cause of the staff reduction.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4347 times
Been liked: 7926 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:20 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:And a lot of it has to do with timing, not so much from your end, but the buyers side.
We sold a unit, in the same complex a unit went on the market roughly $20k lower than ours just as we had received an offer from the eventual buyers.
Another similar property was going for $30k under.

Good luck with it. Luckily for us, our agent is quite good and told us about the genuine interest from the nosey parkers

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

I've got two groups submitting offers already, hopefully it's a done deal by Wednesday.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:39 pm

Nice

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11854 times
Been liked: 3601 times

Postby Magellan » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:04 pm

We bought tickets to see Tex Perkins playing Johnny Cash tunes at the Old Adelaide Gaol tomorrow night. The idea is that he recreates Johnny Cash's famed live albums recorded in the Folsom and San Quentin prisons. Sounds cool, hearing those tunes recreated in an Adelaide prison with its own unique history, right?

Got an email from Ticketmaster this evening telling us that it's in fact an outdoor gig. No mention of it being an outdoor show when they were advertised and purchased online. So not only does it not do what was advertised (by saying it's a concert at a prison, it reasonably suggests IMO that the show would be inside that building, and therefore not as cool as a show held in the prison), it's going to be bloody cold. If they'd said it was outside at the outset we wouldn't have bothered.

What do people reckon - should we try for a refund? I'm really tempted.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby heater31 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:08 pm

Magellan wrote:We bought tickets to see Tex Perkins playing Johnny Cash tunes at the Old Adelaide Gaol tomorrow night. The idea is that he recreates Johnny Cash's famed live albums recorded in the Folsom and San Quentin prisons. Sounds cool, hearing those tunes recreated in an Adelaide prison with its own unique history, right?

Got an email from Ticketmaster this evening telling us that it's in fact an outdoor gig. No mention of it being an outdoor show when they were advertised and purchased online. So not only does it not do what was advertised (by saying it's a concert at a prison, it reasonably suggests IMO that the show would be inside that building, and therefore not as cool as a show held in the prison), it's going to be bloody cold. If they'd said it was outside at the outset we wouldn't have bothered.

Given the late notice of the 'venue' change either they've had a heap of questions about it or outside is plan B for the location. I'm not familiar with the Old Gaol layout is there a large indoor space like the American Prison system?
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:19 pm

There really isn't a large indoor space at the gaol unless it was going to be a small intimate gig
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11854 times
Been liked: 3601 times

Postby Spargo » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:23 pm

Magellan wrote:We bought tickets to see Tex Perkins playing Johnny Cash tunes at the Old Adelaide Gaol tomorrow night. The idea is that he recreates Johnny Cash's famed live albums recorded in the Folsom and San Quentin prisons. Sounds cool, hearing those tunes recreated in an Adelaide prison with its own unique history, right?

So now, off the CUFF, it's outdoors when you thought it was INMATE? Sounds like they want to SCREW you.
If I was you, I'd do my BLOCK & then BAIL. No one in their right mind would give you a HARD TIME if you did.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5487 times
Been liked: 5126 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Magellan » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:25 pm

Yeah, dunno Heater. My recent research suggests other gigs in other states have been outdoors too, but I'm not sure if it's a late change or something kept up their sleeve until the last minute. I get the feeling that if people knew it from the outset they might've not bothered because the Johnny Cash jail albums took place inside, which presumably this gig seeks to recreate.

I think that the indoor/outdoor thing is a pretty fundamental point, so if they knew, why not say it up front?
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Postby Magellan » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:34 pm

Spargo wrote:

So now, off the CUFF, it's outdoors when you thought it was INMATE? Sounds like they want to SCREW you.
If I was you, I'd do my BLOCK & then BAIL. No one in their right mind would give you a HARD TIME if you did.

I'd rather not COP the poor conditions, not enough HEAT. The ticket description was a bit FUZZy. I might be the SOLITARY complaint, but a refund would be worth the HARD LABOUR. Tex Perkins, on the other hand, should sing like a (jail) bird.
Magellan
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:52 am

Spargo wrote:

The organisers should be HUNG out to dry.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:54 am

The "courtesy wave" no longer exists with today's motorists when you let them in.

There's a shitload of road users not getting Christmas cards from me this year.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:02 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:The "courtesy wave" no longer exists with today's motorists when you let them in.

I ALWAYS wave and yes, itsvery frustrating when people dont do the same
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:03 am

Footy Chick wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:The "courtesy wave" no longer exists with today's motorists when you let them in.

I ALWAYS wave and yes, itsvery frustrating when people dont do the same

It's wearing thin, I sometimes try and get next to them, wind my window down and yell ''Where's my f**king wave?".
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Magellan » Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:26 am

Sounds like the wave has been waived.
Magellan
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:33 am

I don't like people who wave.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10781 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:44 am

Magellan wrote:Sounds like the wave has been waived.

I sea what you did there.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:29 am

why are we CAPITALising the puns now? Surely some PUNITIVE measures for that?
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Magellan » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:35 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Magellan wrote:Sounds like the wave has been waived.

I sea what you did there.

Water great gag.
Magellan
Coach

Postby Pseudo » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:35 am

Booney wrote:I don't like people who wave.

You prefer a blown kiss?
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1559 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Magellan » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:36 am

Booney wrote:I don't like people who wave.

I also hate waves, littorally speaking.
Magellan
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion