Things that give you the sh1ts

Anything!

Postby The_Bay_Boy » Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:24 pm

i probably should write these in one big long post, but they just keep coming to me the more i think about it.

- shop assistance who come up to you trying to help you when you've only been in the store 3 seconds

- People who are slow walkers and take up the whole foot path so you can't get past

- people who take your couple of bucks on the edge of the pool table. Or take it and claim that it's theirs when it's your turn to play

i might as well just say people give me the 5hits
Last edited by The_Bay_Boy on Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The_Bay_Boy
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Ian » Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:26 pm

The_Bay_Boy wrote:- People who jump on the band wagon of a successful sporting team without seeing through the hard yartds of when they were crap. (i.e. All the roosters supporters who haven't been to a game in there life who all of a sudden jumped on when they started winning last year)

Started winning again 2 years ago, and yes we there for both of those years, but we were also there in 2000, 2001, 2002 and 2003, which was the worst season in the clubs history. Nearly every week with my son, and most weeks with my daughter and other 1/2, my son and I missed only three games in 2003, all the ones we sat through North lost, and we were there 'till the end of the games, so don't talk to me about being a bandwagoner.
Ian

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 93 times
Grassroots Team: Lockleys

Postby The_Bay_Boy » Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:29 pm

Ian wrote:
The_Bay_Boy wrote:- People who jump on the band wagon of a successful sporting team without seeing through the hard yartds of when they were crap. (i.e. All the roosters supporters who haven't been to a game in there life who all of a sudden jumped on when they started winning last year)

Started winning again 2 years ago, and yes we there for both of those years, but we were also there in 2000, 2001, 2002 and 2003, which was the worst season in the clubs history. Nearly every week with my son, and most weeks with my daughter and other 1/2, my son and I missed only three games in 2003, all the ones we sat through North lost, and we were there 'till the end of the games, so don't talk to me about being a bandwagoner.

But you are obviously one of the loyal roosters supporters who has seen them stuggle and you've been to the games and done the hard yards. i'm talking about the peole who just jump on coz they are winning.
The_Bay_Boy
Rookie

Postby Wedgie » Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:31 pm

Only person I can think of is Jars, bloody bandwagonner! :lol:
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2021 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby The_Bay_Boy » Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:33 pm

Wedgie wrote:Only person I can think of is Jars, bloody bandwagonner! :lol:

But isn't it jars coaching that got them winning again???

Correct me if i'm wrong. and i may well be ( i am only a bays supporter)
The_Bay_Boy
Rookie

Postby Ian » Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:47 pm

:lol: :D :lol: :D
Ian

Postby Ian » Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:50 pm

The_Bay_Boy wrote:

But isn't it jars coaching that got them winning again???

....and some great recruiting, but I'm sure the prospect of playing under Jars would have helped to secure a few of them as well.
Ian

Postby Rik E Boy » Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:35 am

The_Bay_Boy wrote:i probably should write these in one big long post, but they just keep coming to me the more i think about it.

- shop assistance who come up to you trying to help you when you've only been in the store 3 seconds

- People who are slow walkers and take up the whole foot path so you can't get past

- people who take your couple of bucks on the edge of the pool table. Or take it and claim that it's theirs when it's your turn to play

i might as well just say people give me the 5hits

The moral of the story is: Barrack for the Yabs and be miserable your whole life LOL.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1697 times
Been liked: 1813 times

Postby Gilly » Sun Jan 29, 2006 5:45 pm

Just drove passed a McDonald's and they were advertising that they now sell toast. Come on people, are we so busy and/or lazy that we can't even make our own toast these days.

Other things that give me the irits.....

1) People overusing the term "un-Australian". Particularly when people on either side of an argument will claim that the other's is un-Australian.

2) People who say "expecially" or "arks" (as in, "Can I arks a question?").

3) In addition to Wedgie's escalator people, people who stand on those flat type escalator things who have temporarily lost the use of their legs.

4) People who press the "walk" button at the lights 40 times in the belief that the lights will change more quickly because they have "tricked" them into thinking that a huge crowd of people has arrived and is waiting to cross.

5) Cyclists who go through red lights.

6) Cyclists over the age of 12 years who ride on the footpath.

7) Cyclists over 80kg who squeeze themselves into lycra. In particular, middle aged female cyclists over 80kg who push lycra to the limits of physics and end up looking like a rolled beef roast with limbs.

8] Old Greek women, who think that the "Handbaskets Only" sign in Woolworths translates in Greek to "Please bring your full trolley through and then pretend not to understand English so that the checkout girl will give up and just let you come through".

9) European migrants who have been here for 40 years but still don't realise that our summers are bloody hot and that you have to wear anti-perspirant. In the words of George Costanza, "that's beyond BO, that's BBO!".

10) Anything that Tony Greig or Bill Lawry have to say. (Is it my imagination or has Richie Benaud turned into a parody of himself. He sounding more and more like a Richie Benaud impersonator with each match.)
Gilly
Rookie

Postby Ian » Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:29 pm

Gilly wrote:
4) People who press the "walk" button at the lights 40 times in the belief that the lights will change more quickly because they have "tricked" them into thinking that a huge crowd of people has arrived and is waiting to cross.

Also people who push the walk button at a pedestrian crossing, then cross the road before the lights change, leaving cars waiting at a red light with no one crossing the road.

Gilly wrote:
5) Cyclists who go through red lights.

:evil: :evil: :evil:
Ian

Postby Ian » Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:03 pm

Gilly wrote:
2) People who say "expecially" or "arks" (as in, "Can I arks a question?").

Another that pisses me off is, people who say "everythink", when they mean "evrything"
Ian

Postby Gilly » Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:36 pm

Ian wrote:Also people who push the walk button at a pedestrian crossing, then cross the road before the lights change, leaving cars waiting at a red light with no one crossing the road.

We should be allowed to chase after 'em in our cars "Turkey Shoot" style.
Gilly
Rookie

Postby godoubleblues » Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:41 pm

Gilly wrote:
Ian wrote:Also people who push the walk button at a pedestrian crossing, then cross the road before the lights change, leaving cars waiting at a red light with no one crossing the road.

We should be allowed to chase after 'em in our cars "Turkey Shoot" style.

yeh that shits me too
godoubleblues
Coach

Grassroots Team: Millicent

Postby Dog_ger » Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:05 am

People in vehicles who turn left or right and don't give consideration to the fitness nutter walking, crossing with the little green man. 8) :wink:
Smile :)

It's only Money $$$ :)

What is happening to our SANFL guys...
Dog_ger
Coach

Been liked: 19 times

Postby Pseudo » Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:30 am

Wedgie wrote:People who buy $7 worth of groceries in front of you with their ATM card.

Mate - I feel your pain!

I joined the express lane in the local supermarket over the weekend. Every schmuck in front of me insisted on paying for their milk and paper with a frickin' CREDIT CARD... FFS people, just reach into your pocket and get rid of that change. You'll be out quicker and the express line might actually become an EXPRESS line.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Pseudo » Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:33 am

Rik E Boy wrote:The moral of the story is: Barrack for the Yabs and be miserable your whole life LOL.

... with respite coming only when they play Norwood :lol:
Pseudo
Coach

Postby Pseudo » Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:38 am

Dog_ger wrote:People in vehicles who turn left or right and don't give consideration to the fitness nutter walking, crossing with the little green man. 8) :wink:

Pedestrians who cross without waiting for the light, thereby preventing traffic from legitimately turning right.
Pseudo
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:04 am

Wedgie wrote:People who buy $7 worth of groceries in front of you with their ATM card.

People who take 15 minutes at an ATM.

(These came up today for me! lol)

Well this post came back to haunt me, yesterday paid $5.60 worth of groceries with their credit card.
Honestly, what goes through these idiots heads?
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2021 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby OhMyHat » Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:27 pm

Wedgie wrote:Well this post came back to haunt me, yesterday paid $5.60 worth of groceries with their credit card.
Honestly, what goes through these idiots heads?

I hear you Wedgie, although I had someone take five items through the checkout when I've got a loaded trolley. This is why there's an EXPRESS LANE! Twelve items or LESS! Adding to the fact he paid for it with a card.. I actually thought of this post at that stage!

People who wear Port Power gear to Port Magpie games

The 'stable experts' at Riding for the Disabled where I volunteer
The girls at RDA who think that THEY will be getting a ride during a class because no one is using a specific horse
The girls at RDA who claim a certain horse as 'theirs' and no one else can lead it/groom it/feed it etc

Being asked if you need help when you're quite capable of coping on your own (ie 'Oh that wheelbarrow full of manure/crate full of bottles/bag of grain/bag of ice is too heavy for someone so little to push/carry on their own, do you want any help') honestly if I want help I'll ASK for it! Until that time comes just rack off! :evil:
OhMyHat
Mini-League

Postby Rik E Boy » Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:58 pm

Pseudo wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:The moral of the story is: Barrack for the Yabs and be miserable your whole life LOL.

... with respite coming only when they play Norwood :lol:

Pleased as punch they all were too when they kicked *giggle* ONE GOAL against one of the worst outfits in our proud history LMAO..sorry Shoe DOH..I can't contain the guffaws any longer BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAA......ahhhhh :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1697 times
Been liked: 1813 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion