Things that give you the sh1ts

Anything!

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Psyber » Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:46 am

Pseudo wrote:Opted to fill up the tank on Marion Road rather than somewhere closer to the office - in part so I could get a cheap cup of substandard coffee to drink on the way.

Paid one-fortysomething per litre, and the coffee machine at the servo was on the fritz.

Got to Mawson Lakes to find that the juice was selling for 99 cents... :evil:

"Motormouth" is not a bad prices app. None of them are perfect I've tried a few.
I select few along my route and if when I pull in the price doesn't match the app well enough I drive on to the next.
My car uses Premium 98 so it can be pricey.

(Yes I can afford it but I resent being ripped off by obvious collusion and manipulation of prices.)
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 389 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Armchair expert » Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:55 am

Use petrol spy
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 379 times
Been liked: 1414 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:47 pm

Pseudo wrote:Opted to fill up the tank on Marion Road rather than somewhere closer to the office - in part so I could get a cheap cup of substandard coffee to drink on the way.

Paid one-fortysomething per litre, and the coffee machine at the servo was on the fritz.

Got to Mawson Lakes to find that the juice was selling for 99 cents... :evil:

The new Mobil near the drive-in is always cheap, as is the United at the corner of Main North and Diagonal roads.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:48 pm

Armchair expert wrote:Use petrol spy

Absolutely.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby MatteeG » Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:16 pm

SANFL staying at 1000 people max crowd.
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby gadj1976 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:37 pm

The tweet to Gil McLachlan threatening him with him losing his job.

It doesn't matter whether what he thinks what Gil did was right or wrong, you can go saying stuff like "You will resign". That's threatening behaviour champ.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 795 times
Been liked: 849 times

Postby Spargo » Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:03 pm

MatteeG wrote:SANFL staying at 1000 people max crowd.

FFS
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby JK » Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:32 am

Missus is involved in the real estate game, and recently decided to move away from a mob she was working for. Had 5 or 6 different suitors all pushing hard to get her to their company’. Eventually she settled on one not far from home owned by a (seemingly nice) married couple. Within two weeks the wife owner started showing signs of being unhappy with the missus for no apparent reason. Week later Mr Owner tries to talk her out of the role they’d offered her. Another week later he presents her with an employment contract about %30 under the value of what they offered while trying to recruit her, missus questions the massive change and is told “well we don’t really need you”. Following Monday (yesterday), owners give her two weeks notice.

Missus was pretty upset which is saying something because she’s from tough Yugoslavian stock, but I’m F***ing pissed about the unprofessional manner in which she’s been treated by these Cnuts.

Missus is studying a diploma to compliment her Real Estate license and other industry qualifications and is convinced that once she told the owners she was doing it, there was an immediate down swing in the way they behaved toward her (our guess is they’d been hurt previously by an employee leaving and either joining a rival or starting up on their own). Not much really sticks in my craw, but the way she’s been treated and what she’s had to go through has really pissed me off.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Booney » Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:37 am

JK wrote:Missus is involved in the real estate game, and recently decided to move away from a mob she was working for. Had 5 or 6 different suitors all pushing hard to get her to their company’. Eventually she settled on one not far from home owned by a (seemingly nice) married couple. Within two weeks the wife owner started showing signs of being unhappy with the missus for no apparent reason. Week later Mr Owner tries to talk her out of the role they’d offered her. Another week later he presents her with an employment contract about %30 under the value of what they offered while trying to recruit her, missus questions the massive change and is told “well we don’t really need you”. Following Monday (yesterday), owners give her two weeks notice.

Missus was pretty upset which is saying something because she’s from tough Yugoslavian stock, but I’m F***ing pissed about the unprofessional manner in which she’s been treated by these Cnuts.

Missus is studying a diploma to compliment her Real Estate license and other industry qualifications and is convinced that once she told the owners she was doing it, there was an immediate down swing in the way they behaved toward her (our guess is they’d been hurt previously by an employee leaving and either joining a rival or starting up on their own). Not much really sticks in my craw, but the way she’s been treated and what she’s had to go through has really pissed me off.

That is shit mate.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby DOC » Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:42 am

We still have a company black list thread?
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:13 am

JK wrote:Missus is involved in the real estate game, and recently decided to move away from a mob she was working for. Had 5 or 6 different suitors all pushing hard to get her to their company’. Eventually she settled on one not far from home owned by a (seemingly nice) married couple. Within two weeks the wife owner started showing signs of being unhappy with the missus for no apparent reason. Week later Mr Owner tries to talk her out of the role they’d offered her. Another week later he presents her with an employment contract about %30 under the value of what they offered while trying to recruit her, missus questions the massive change and is told “well we don’t really need you”. Following Monday (yesterday), owners give her two weeks notice.

Time to attend a few opens?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby JK » Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:21 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Time to attend a few opens?

Initial thoughts were along those lines, but have learned over the years acting impulsively often doesn’t work out well for all concerned lol. She’ll be OK, she’s put in the yards over a long time, and knows her stuff aswell as having excellent qualifications. Seems to me to be a pretty ordinary industry to try and make your mark in, so I’m sure setbacks are part and parcel of the game. Just feel she’s been treated really poorly and hate feeling helpless about it.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby Pseudo » Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:30 am

So JK it sounds like yer missus has a job offer which the employers are now trying to weasel out of - or am I reading this wrongly?

Engage a lawyer. Years ago my missus secured a job at a new company, then quit her current job, only for the job offer to be withdrawn. She took the paperwork (formal job offer etc) to a lawyer, who managed to squeeze enough $ out of the pricks to give her a few weeks' salary while she found another job. All worked out for the best in the end.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby JK » Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:34 am

Pseudo wrote:So JK it sounds like yer missus has a job offer which the employers are now trying to weasel out of - or am I reading this wrongly?

Engage a lawyer. Years ago my missus secured a job at a new company, then quit her current job, only for the job offer to be withdrawn. She took the paperwork (formal job offer etc) to a lawyer, who managed to squeeze enough $ out of the pricks to give her a few weeks' salary while she found another job. All worked out for the best in the end.

Cheers mate, we’re not usually the types to take further action but I am interested in at least exploring the possibility in this instance. Will brooch the subject with her tonight (which I don’t think will be something she’d want to pursue, but we’ll see). Cheersagain bud
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:38 am

JK wrote:
Pseudo wrote:So JK it sounds like yer missus has a job offer which the employers are now trying to weasel out of - or am I reading this wrongly?

Cheers mate, we’re not usually the types to take further action but I am interested in at least exploring the possibility in this instance. Will brooch the subject with her tonight (which I don’t think will be something she’d want to pursue, but we’ll see). Cheersagain bud

It must be the industry, a mate of mine from work had a job offer from an agent (who was previously married to a good mate of mine), she quit her job and accepted the offer, only to be told the day before starting that the job was not going to go ahead, they were fuming.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby JK » Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:58 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
JK wrote:

It must be the industry, a mate of mine from work had a job offer from an agent (who was previously married to a good mate of mine), she quit her job and accepted the offer, only to be told the day before starting that the job was not going to go ahead, they were fuming.

There’s a lot about the industry I don’t like the look or sound of, but I guess that’s most industry’s, and I’m not across it all so can’t speak with any in-depth knowledge. Can from a point of professional conduct and basic human decency though, and they don’t come across as strong points. The mob she left had moved her to job keeper and told her her hours had been halved to 20 per week to reflect the wage, then every few days the owners tried to guilt her into still working 40 per week for half the pay (she ended up doing around 30 per week still).
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:04 pm

I hate the real estate and used car game, that's what they are, games and nobody plays a straight bat or down the line, it's all smoke and windows behind mirrors.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Psyber » Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:10 pm

Booney wrote:I hate the real estate and used car game, that's what they are, games and nobody plays a straight bat or down the line, it's all smoke and windows behind mirrors.

Generally true in my experience, but have met some basically honest types. However, they generally move on after a while. My older sister was office manager, and eventually part owner, of a real estate company for 20 odd years. They did the subdivision of Parafield Gardens and much of Para Hills through a subsiduary company floated for the purpose.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 389 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby MW » Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:23 pm

Booney wrote:I hate the real estate and used car game, that's what they are, games and nobody plays a straight bat or down the line, it's all smoke and windows behind mirrors.

I'm ok with both.

For both my house and cars, I told them both what I'm willing to pay and then walked out after leaving them my phone number. I either get it for my price, or move on to the next option.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:25 pm

Like when a house is from $419K to $439K, why the 20K difference, are they chucking in dental or steak knives?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion