Things that give you the sh1ts

Anything!

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Psyber » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:44 pm

Wedgie wrote:I park on North Terrace opposite the Convention Centre, costs me $10 and I'm home within 5 mins.

I'm too mingy* to pay $10 for parking. :lol:

(* For the very young - Origin Early 20th century: perhaps a blend of mean and stingy.)
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 389 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby bennymacca » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:17 pm

Psyber wrote:The only way I'd go to Adelaide Oval would be to park my car on the fringe of Adelaide and use my Seniors card on a short bus or train trip from there. ( I wouldn't spend the time to do the whole trip from te hills on public transport.).

Only about 4 years ago I drove to the ANZ in KW St and got a park on the curbside in Waymouth St, but these days just driving through the CBD is sheer hell! I've moved all my business and shopping entirely out of the CBD now.

Wouldn’t be practical from the hills - but plenty of People from the north park at Mawson lakes and then get the free train into the city
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Psyber » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:30 pm

bennymacca wrote:
Psyber wrote:The only way I'd go to Adelaide Oval would be to park my car on the fringe of Adelaide and use my Seniors card on a short bus or train trip from there. ( I wouldn't spend the time to do the whole trip from te hills on public transport.).

Only about 4 years ago I drove to the ANZ in KW St and got a park on the curbside in Waymouth St, but these days just driving through the CBD is sheer hell! I've moved all my business and shopping entirely out of the CBD now.

Wouldn’t be practical from the hills - but plenty of People from the north park at Mawson lakes and then get the free train into the city

I guess I could pull that off from the railway station at Westbourne Park, or a tram stop just south of Wayville given enough motivation - any nearer the CBD and you find the councils have created 2 hour limits everywhere...
Psyber
Coach

Postby morell » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:53 pm

$1900 in various fines and charges in three months for driving up and down the freeway in various states of dubious illegality.

Absolute **** holes.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1138 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Wedgie » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:54 pm

morell wrote:$1900 in various fines and charges in three months for driving up and down the freeway in various states of dubious illegality.

Absolute **** holes.

WTF did you do? :shock:
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2021 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby morell » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:03 pm

Bought a new car, didn't set up the registration debit correctly, rego lapsed day before I went overseas. Went up freeway unregistered by one day to drop off pooch - $500.

Came back, drove again to pick up pooch, unregistered and uninsured - $1,100

Checked letterbox second day back, saw first fine. Three weeks later, second fine.

And just now got a $450 fine for going the extremely dangerous 100 in a 90 zone on a three lane freeway.
morell
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:08 pm

morell wrote:Bought a new car, didn't set up the registration debit correctly, rego lapsed day before I went overseas. Went up freeway unregistered by one day to drop off pooch - $500.

Checked letterbox second day back, saw first fine. Three weeks later, second fine.

And just now got a $450 fine for going the extremely dangerous 100 in a 90 zone on a three lane freeway.

Pay up!
You do the crime, you do the time.

That is harsh though ;)
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby morell » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:18 pm

I don't mind the first one. It is my responsibility to ensure the car is registered. My bad.

But a bloke can't get a hola back about a fine other than a ******* letter in the snail mail? They have my mobile number, send me an sms! **** it I'd happily connect my Facebook account so I get a notification. People don't use letters anymore you bunch of old ****.

And $1,100?!?! I think I saw someone get a $600 fine for assault the other day.

The last one is a ******* rort. Dynamic sign changes have stitched me. 100 in a 90 zone that 99% of the time is 100 can die in a fire.
morell
Coach

Postby Psyber » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:28 pm

morell wrote:Bought a new car, didn't set up the registration debit correctly, rego lapsed day before I went overseas. Went up freeway unregistered by one day to drop off pooch - $500.

They got me once (and I suspect recently a second time for that) since 2018 began. The problem is even after changing down a gear in my manual car, the car gathers speed on the downward slope under gravity, even with cruise control set at 87kph...

If you don't keep glancing down and dabbing the brake pedal every few seconds you inevitably finish up cruising at the previously legal 100kph.

I suppose I could shell out foran automatic Mercedes with adaptive cruise control, but my present car is cheaper and more fun to drive - I did test drive the Mercedes GLA-45 (and a couple of Audi's) but I preferred my Megane RS 265 as a driver's vehicle.
Last edited by Psyber on Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Psyber
Coach

Postby morell » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:54 pm

Yep, absolutely correct and was how I think it happened.

Stupid thing is, i reckon people constantly looking at their dash and dabbing the brakes creating inconsistent speed would be more dangerous than just letting people go 110 safely in the right lane.
morell
Coach

Postby gossipgirl » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:19 pm

You can setup notifications via email or sms when regos are due to expire via ezyreg using enotice
Adelaide Crows World champions 2017 - Crows 4.11 to Lions 4.5
gossipgirl
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 57 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby morell » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:36 pm

Yeah done that (but stuffed it up) which meant I had complacency. Just assumed it was registered as nothing had hit my phone. Honestly didn't realise until I got that first fine.

But I meant a sms, email or noti when you get a fine too, so you don't keep doing it, like I did.
morell
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:40 pm

Ouch thats harsh, I've only received one fine in 25 years and that was a parking fine when I went to the shop to buy my lad a bottle of sauce, and that was $230!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2021 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Pseudo » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:41 pm

Psyber wrote:
Wedgie wrote:I park on North Terrace opposite the Convention Centre, costs me $10 and I'm home within 5 mins.

I'm too mingy* to pay $10 for parking. :lol:

(* For the very young - Origin Early 20th century: perhaps a blend of mean and stingy.)

Glad you explained that; I thought you were claiming a similarity to "a woman's pubic hair or genitals".
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Booney » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:56 am

morell wrote:$1900 in various fines and charges in three months for driving up and down the freeway in various states of dubious illegality.

Absolute **** holes.

Circa 2002 sold a car to a "mate", back when the buyer did the transfer of ownership paperwork ( you can see where this is heading ), "mate" leaves car in the city one night and doesn't go back to get it, it gets loaded up with parking fines and eventually gets towed by the Adelaide City Council. In this time I've moved house.

Long story short I drove around for around 18 months without a licence unbeknownst to me as the fines, towing fee and impound fee had been attributed to me and had seen my licence canceled due to outstanding monies. Affidavit in front of police officer, trip to see a magistrate at Port Adelaide courts and I get my licence back.

No longer "mates".
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby tipper » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:53 am

morell wrote:The last one is a ******* rort. Dynamic sign changes have stitched me. 100 in a 90 zone that 99% of the time is 100 can die in a fire.

if you were done on the downhill of the freeway that hasnt been 100 in years. basically since the big crash by the sewage truck. only ever a max of 90 (and heavy vehicles limited to 50 i think?), although you can still do 100 going up the hill

just be thankful you didnt have a bingle when unregistered and uninsured, it would be a lot more to pay out than the 1100 odd bucks

morell wrote:Yeah done that (but stuffed it up) which meant I had complacency. Just assumed it was registered as nothing had hit my phone. Honestly didn't realise until I got that first fine.

But I meant a sms, email or noti when you get a fine too, so you don't keep doing it, like I did.

different departments though, and yo know government, they dont share. dpti handle the rego side of it (where you supplied your details) but sapol handle the fines. they wouldnt nescessarily have your contact details. that and from my understanding, sapol have one of the most antiquated systems going around. they wouldnt be able to cope with introducing a modern contact method
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby tipper » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:57 am

on a similar (road traffic) theme, the number of busses i see in the cbd running red lights. ffs they should know better.
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby cracka » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:27 am

morell wrote:Yep, absolutely correct and was how I think it happened.

Stupid thing is, i reckon people constantly looking at their dash and dabbing the brakes creating inconsistent speed would be more dangerous than just letting people go 110 safely in the right lane.

Yep. Being a truck driver with satellite tracking, we get a note everytime the truck gets over 105, too many in a month & we get a warning. 3 warnings & we lose our license.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Booney » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:53 am

cracka wrote:
morell wrote:Yep, absolutely correct and was how I think it happened.

Yep. Being a truck driver with satellite tracking, we get a note everytime the truck gets over 105, too many in a month & we get a warning. 3 warnings & we lose our license.

Aren't the trucks speed limited?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby HH3 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:32 am

When your workplace lets @Booney down.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion