ouch. you alright?
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Bum Crack » Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:36 pm

Over all this Coronavirus crap. Media is having an absolute field day with it. What a media beat up
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 884 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:00 pm

Bum Crack wrote:Over all this Coronavirus crap. Media is having an absolute field day with it. What a media beat up

Youre over it? I feel like I'm bloody play - rewind-repeat. :?

It's taking up so much of our day that it's stopping us from actually getting any other work done :roll:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Bum Crack » Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:12 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:Over all this Coronavirus crap. Media is having an absolute field day with it. What a media beat up

It's taking up so much of our day that it's stopping us from actually getting any other work done :roll:

It's sending people insane and there is no reason for it to, but when that is all you are fed when you turn the TV on, people get sucked in by it. Media is taking advantage of that,
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 884 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Corona Man » Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:00 pm

Bum Crack wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:

It's sending people insane and there is no reason for it to, but when that is all you are fed when you turn the TV on, people get sucked in by it. Media is taking advantage of that,

It sounds awful I know, but there is an upside to it..... have a customer who brings in literally millions of units of product from China and now can’t. They will need to manufacture here in Australia again.... ker ching... need some tooling there mate!
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Corona Man » Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:05 pm

And here is the other side of Coronavirus.... Corona Jnr and his wife delayed their Honeymoon by near on 12 months for a few reasons, work, having the $$$ etc. They flew to Singapore mid week to spend a few days before traveling onto Japan for 2 weeks. Many of their plans got shot down yesterday with the announced closures of Disneyland in Tokyo, and Universal studios, amongst others.... Suffice to say the young bloke was pretty pissed off yesterday, to the point of considering cancelling the rest of the trip. Spoke to him again this morning and he had calmed down a bit. They are heading to Osaka this arvo and will piece together a new plan from there. It may include bailing out of Japan a few days earlier than originally planned and make another stopover in Singapore on the way back. Poor buggers they’ve worked and saved hard for the Honeymoon.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby LMA » Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:37 pm

Coronavirus can F off, it's making a mess of my Super.
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby stan » Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:50 am

The idiots that are panic buying at the moment.

Calm the **** down.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:52 am

LMA wrote:Coronavirus can F off, it's making a mess of my Super.

I've heard that a bit lately.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby JK » Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:21 am

stan wrote:The idiots that are panic buying at the moment.

Calm the **** down.

Depends what it is, if it's immuno-compromised people chasing vaccines I get it. If it's people stocking up on long life food apocalypse style it's a bit over the top.

There's no doubt the media are in a frenzy over it, which isn't helping people to stay calm, which in turn will have an effect on resources once the numbers climb.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Booney » Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:25 am

Plantar fascia.

Back in November/December started knocking up some km's on foot, just walking, to drop some of the beer I drink. November I did nearly 80km's in the month, December a bit over 60km's, so 15-20k's per week. Nothing massive, but a lot more than what I has been doing previously.

Bit after Xmas started to notice the right foot was a bit sore, into late Jan/early Feb the foot got worse, particularly first thing in the morning, can barely put weight on it, got the better of me a fortnight ago when I couldn't get out of bed without using a crutch to get moving.

Ultrasounds, GP, plantar fascia or as the doctor called it, "First step tendonitis"

It can get ******.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby heater31 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:31 am

Booney wrote:Plantar fascia.

Back in November/December started knocking up some km's on foot, just walking, to drop some of the beer I drink. November I did nearly 80km's in the month, December a bit over 60km's, so 15-20k's per week. Nothing massive, but a lot more than what I has been doing previously.

Bit after Xmas started to notice the right foot was a bit sore, into late Jan/early Feb the foot got worse, particularly first thing in the morning, can barely put weight on it, got the better of me a fortnight ago when I couldn't get out of bed without using a crutch to get moving.

Ultrasounds, GP, plantar fascia or as the doctor called it, "First step tendonitis"

It can get ******.
Golf ball, bottle of frozen water.....

Strain placed on the foot from tight calf/hamstrings
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby Booney » Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:50 am

First few steps of a morning and after sitting at my desk for a bit is brutal. ******* brutal.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:01 pm

Booney wrote:Plantar fascia.

It can get ******.

freeze a 600ml bottle of water and rub it on you foot over the top of it... Heaps of stretching. Cricket ball... Get your physio to give you some dry needling... Worked a treat for me...
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby stan » Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:38 pm

Booney wrote:First few steps of a morning and after sitting at my desk for a bit is brutal. ******* brutal.
Yeah mate been there, you need to start working on your calf and leg muscles. Lots of stretching. Google the injury and then stretches for it and you'll find a couple that shownypu how to stretch your foot to help out with.

Also as it has been said the cold bottle of water is good as well.

Check your shoes that you are wearing as well, make sure they are doing the right thing for your arc.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Booney » Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:42 pm

stan wrote:
Booney wrote:First few steps of a morning and after sitting at my desk for a bit is brutal. ******* brutal.
Yeah mate been there, you need to start working on your calf and leg muscles. Lots of stretching. Google the injury and then stretches for it and you'll find a couple that shownypu how to stretch your foot to help out with.

Also as it has been said the cold bottle of water is good as well.

Check your shoes that you are wearing as well, make sure they are doing the right thing for your arc.

Dress/business boots, just got some new Rossi's and I think I'll get my orthotics in them, I haven't worn them for years, not since finishing cricket. I'll try them out with them in there.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:12 pm

Some ballbag has stolen my weed killer pump bottle.

I went and got all the shit I needed yesterday to make up a concoction, went to look for the bottle and vaguely remembered seeing it out the front next to the house, the missus cottoned on and realised she had left it out there but it had vanished.

Once we'd agreed that it had been stolen she figured that I'm as much to blame because I thought I'd seen it out there and didn't bring it in.

They're bloody expensive for what they are, she breaks or loses all my shit, either her or the kids.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Spargo » Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:22 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:Some ballbag has stolen my weed killer pump bottle.

I went and got all the shit I needed yesterday to make up a concoction, went to look for the bottle and vaguely remembered seeing it out the front next to the house, the missus cottoned on and realised she had left it out there but it had vanished.

Once we'd agreed that it had been stolen she figured that I'm as much to blame because I thought I'd seen it out there and didn't bring it in.

They're bloody expensive for what they are, she breaks or loses all my shit, either her or the kids.

$9.50 at Bunnings
I’ve had the same one for 5 years.
Attachments
3C204779-A8A5-4486-A494-C58084ED1C5D.jpeg
3C204779-A8A5-4486-A494-C58084ED1C5D.jpeg (67.41 KiB) Viewed 1770 times
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Armchair expert » Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:24 pm

Why do people have to squeeze every single load of bread before buying one, infuriating
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 379 times
Been liked: 1414 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:33 pm

Armchair expert wrote:Why do people have to squeeze every single load of bread before buying one, infuriating
Its all about the squeeze to check freshness...

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion