Things that give you the sh1ts

Anything!

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Gozu » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:09 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:Been renting for a few months and the landlord has changed agents.

I had accidentally paid my fortnightly rent two weeks in a row meaning I was a few weeks ahead.

The changeover day is tomorrow where my lease started on a Wednesday but I thought it was just remain the same and would go into the landlords's account via a different avenue.

Agent 1 transfers the difference to my bank account and I begin to arrange a pro-rata system so it works best with my monthly pays and misuss' fortnightly pays only to realize there's a few hundred dollars short of what they sent.

Apparently they have deducted water supply charges that I haven't been invoiced for, not real happy a few days out from my monthly pay and the fact that we are sticking to a strict budget, not to mention it is illegal for the agent to touch my rent money for anything but rent.

You should speak to the rental tribunal about this. There are laws about how much they can hit you up for water bills that you haven't been invoiced for and/or they can't charge you for old water bills after a certain period of time too. As you said it's illegal for them to take anything out of your rent money, the last rental I was with tried this on at the time I was leaving hitting me up for water usage I had never been invoiced for or knew anything about and they then turned around and said I had rent outstanding when I didn't.

It's a bit of a dodgy trick some agencies try on so just read them the riot act and they'll end up doing the right thing.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 659 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:40 am

Gozu wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Been renting for a few months and the landlord has changed agents.

I had accidentally paid my fortnightly rent two weeks in a row meaning I was a few weeks ahead.

The changeover day is tomorrow where my lease started on a Wednesday but I thought it was just remain the same and would go into the landlords's account via a different avenue.

Agent 1 transfers the difference to my bank account and I begin to arrange a pro-rata system so it works best with my monthly pays and misuss' fortnightly pays only to realize there's a few hundred dollars short of what they sent.

Apparently they have deducted water supply charges that I haven't been invoiced for, not real happy a few days out from my monthly pay and the fact that we are sticking to a strict budget, not to mention it is illegal for the agent to touch my rent money for anything but rent.

You should speak to the rental tribunal about this. There are laws about how much they can hit you up for water bills that you haven't been invoiced for and/or they can't charge you for old water bills after a certain period of time too. As you said it's illegal for them to take anything out of your rent money, the last rental I was with tried this on at the time I was leaving hitting me up for water usage I had never been invoiced for or knew anything about and they then turned around and said I had rent outstanding when I didn't.

It's a bit of a dodgy trick some agencies try on so just read them the riot act and they'll end up doing the right thing.

I sent them a nice email acknowledging them that I think there's money missing (knowing full well where it has gone thanks to the new agent).
I then rang the tribunal and was told it was totally illegal what they have done, rent money is for rent only, they have no right to touch my money without my permission.

The tribunal said to demand my invoice and if I don't receive it within 30 days of my request I don't have to pay it.

It's funny how the agent replies within half an hour of any correspondence I send them but I still haven't heard from them, they even asked for me to pay an extra $51 from a grey water supply bill from January 20, I was meant to pay that yesterday despite only finding out about it Tuesday.

I accept that I would have bills and I always pay all of my bills as soon as I get them and I make sure they all land around my pay date each month.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:28 pm

When you give yourself the slightest nick while shaving in the morning and it's still wanting to piss out with blood while you're at work at 2:30 in the afternoon.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby am Bays » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:30 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:When you give yourself the slightest nick while shaving in the morning and it's still wanting to piss out with blood while you're at work at 2:30 in the afternoon.

What are you doing checking your manscaping at 2:30 in the afternoon???

Hopefully no-one else can notice it.....
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:36 pm

am Bays wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:When you give yourself the slightest nick while shaving in the morning and it's still wanting to piss out with blood while you're at work at 2:30 in the afternoon.

What are you doing checking your manscaping at 2:30 in the afternoon???

Hopefully no-one else can notice it.....

Lucky I didn't wear my white pants today.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Spargo » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:36 pm

Looters - should be shot on sight.
Scum of the earth.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5459 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:15 pm

Spargo wrote:Looters - should be shot on sight.
Scum of the earth.

My Aunty who lives in Bowen, QLD, decided to take her brand new Commodore for a drive around the town the day after Debbie hit.

Not a bright move - water came in from nowhere and she had to leave her car stranded near a Caltex just out of town. It's not bad enough that she probably drowned an engine on a brand new car but little ferals looted the car overnight and took everything in it too.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Corona Man » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:55 pm

Scum of the earth.

Geez... and here I was thinking that type of language was only reserved to describe Hawthorn on here!
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby tipper » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:41 am

Corona Man wrote:
Scum of the earth.

Geez... and here I was thinking that type of language was only reserved to describe Hawthorn on here!

its probably hawthorn supporters that travelled up to do the looting..... ;)
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:38 pm

Makes sense all the looters were hawks fans, cos they got of their merchandise at Vinnie's so they would be incognito
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11807 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby HH3 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:03 am

Tried to buy a $50 Groupon, and an "unsuccessful transaction" message came up. So I checked the CC details I'd put in, and tried again. Got the same message. Tried a different card, same thing.

Checked my account, and now I have 6 Groupons "processing".

I called them and all they can do is refund me if the money comes out. They can't cancel unprocessed orders or even tell me if they're going to go through or not.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2432 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Spargo » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:06 am

PayPal???
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5459 times
Been liked: 5089 times

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:55 pm

Every day I bring in a small tub of fruit to have at my work because i'm really busy and don't have time to go out for lunch, and some prick keeps on stealing it!
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 444 times
Been liked: 1209 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:03 pm

PatowalongaPirate wrote:Every day I bring in a small tub of fruit to have at my work because i'm really busy and don't have time to go out for lunch, and some prick keeps on stealing it!

That's a sackable offence, you should report it and catch the prick.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:14 pm

PatowalongaPirate wrote:Every day I bring in a small tub of fruit to have at my work because i'm really busy and don't have time to go out for lunch, and some prick keeps on stealing it!

:lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby RustyCage » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:34 am

Take two small tubs in a day and share the love with your hungry, healthy eating colleague
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:25 am

At a former place, apparently security used to help themselves to cake etc.....
One day someone baked a cake as per normal and left it.....Of course security helped themselves......
They didn't do it again
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11807 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby Wedgie » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:15 am

Gen Y, mob of sooks.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2021 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby valleys07 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:27 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:At a former place, apparently security used to help themselves to cake etc.....
One day someone baked a cake as per normal and left it.....Of course security helped themselves......
They didn't do it again

Haha, laced with laxatives?
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1168 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Magellan » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:34 am

Wedgie wrote:Gen Y, mob of sooks.

Come on Wedgie, tell us why. Spill the beans...or should I say smash the avo.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion