Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby locky801 » Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:13 pm

Wedgie wrote:Mondays after a big 3 days. Even my teeth ache today. :(

wouldnt have anything to do with the Pirate Life Double Pale Ale yesterday ;)
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3645 times
Been liked: 1160 times

Postby Wedgie » Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:16 pm

locky801 wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Mondays after a big 3 days. Even my teeth ache today. :(

wouldnt have anything to do with the Pirate Life Double Pale Ale yesterday ;)

Maybe. ;)
This full time employment bizzo doesn't help too.
Miss getting out of bed at 3pm. :lol:
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Pseudo » Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:43 pm

Friday evening, set up a script to run over the weekend and started it running.

Got to work this morning to discover it crashed just after I left work on Friday.

Not through any fault of my own, but because someone else yanked the network cable out of the computer.

sigh....
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby MW » Tue Aug 02, 2022 5:47 pm

Nearly 12 months to the day after daughter no.1 had meniscus surgery on her knee, now going in Thursday to have same op done on the other knee.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby gazzamagoo » Tue Aug 02, 2022 5:51 pm

MW wrote:Nearly 12 months to the day after daughter no.1 had meniscus surgery on her knee, now going in Thursday to have same op done on the other knee.

From netball?
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1656 times
Been liked: 643 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby MW » Tue Aug 02, 2022 5:54 pm

gazzamagoo wrote:
MW wrote:Nearly 12 months to the day after daughter no.1 had meniscus surgery on her knee, now going in Thursday to have same op done on the other knee.

From netball?

I think more likely from football. Like her other knee, it is an old injury she has put up with and been playing with sore for a few weeks.
MW
Coach

Postby gazzamagoo » Tue Aug 02, 2022 5:56 pm

MW wrote:
gazzamagoo wrote:

From netball?

I think more likely from football. Like her other knee, it is an old injury she has put up with and been playing with sore for a few weeks.

No more Saturday mornings for a while then?
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1656 times
Been liked: 643 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby MW » Tue Aug 02, 2022 5:58 pm

gazzamagoo wrote:
MW wrote:
gazzamagoo wrote:

From netball?

No more Saturday mornings for a while then?

Nope :( she'll be there watching no doubt.
MW
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:59 pm

Last day of holidays :(
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Keefy » Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:23 pm

Dutchy wrote:Last day of holidays :(
I feel your pain. Am back to work Monday after having 6 weeks off

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Keefy
League - Best 21

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 181 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby locky801 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:44 pm

Put car in for service last week, get a call, shockers and struts on the way out need replacing, no dramas with that as knew it was happening.

anyway full service done, shockers and struts replaced along with a few other little things all done for around $1500. not overly fussed by that.

Drive off on Friday, going to a job in the country Sunday, check engine light and alarm comes on, car still runs ok but took it back to mechanics today

Hooks up the computer and now tell me the timing chain is on the way out and will need replacing, suggests that there is always other issues identified once they pull everything out. Anyway gives me a price but it needs to be done or a new car or engine.

Tell him let him know, not overly concerned as son has just bought a new car and still has his old one so can use that as have 4 long country trips for work in next 5 weeks to do.

Son takes old car to work this morning for some reason, rings me at 4.30pm, just had a crash, cars stuffed, pop down, yep shes a right off.

what a crap day but glad have comprehensive insurance and accident not his fault and not hurt
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3645 times
Been liked: 1160 times

Postby gadj1976 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:31 pm

locky801 wrote:Put car in for service last week, get a call, shockers and struts on the way out need replacing, no dramas with that as knew it was happening.

anyway full service done, shockers and struts replaced along with a few other little things all done for around $1500. not overly fussed by that.

Drive off on Friday, going to a job in the country Sunday, check engine light and alarm comes on, car still runs ok but took it back to mechanics today

Hooks up the computer and now tell me the timing chain is on the way out and will need replacing, suggests that there is always other issues identified once they pull everything out. Anyway gives me a price but it needs to be done or a new car or engine.

Tell him let him know, not overly concerned as son has just bought a new car and still has his old one so can use that as have 4 long country trips for work in next 5 weeks to do.

Son takes old car to work this morning for some reason, rings me at 4.30pm, just had a crash, cars stuffed, pop down, yep shes a right off.

what a crap day but glad have comprehensive insurance and accident not his fault and not hurt

It never rains it pours.

I wrote my car off three days after spending over 1200 on it - major service and a few other things.

I did get a win from the insurance company though. I paid 9250 and got nearly 15000 for it so all was not lost.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 795 times
Been liked: 849 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:43 am

locky801 wrote:Put car in for service last week, get a call, shockers and struts on the way out need replacing, no dramas with that as knew it was happening.

I have a very reliable Corolla sitting out my front yard doing FA if you get stuck.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby gadj1976 » Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:16 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

I have a very reliable Corolla sitting out my front yard doing FA if you get stuck.

Auto/Hatch?

For sale?
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 795 times
Been liked: 849 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:19 pm

gadj1976 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Auto/Hatch?

For sale?

Yeah, both. Not for sale yet, my son will use it when he get's his P's until he gets his own car.

I'll let you know if I plan to sell it, ideal first car for a teenager.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:23 pm

my home loan interest rate being raised by 1 percent in 3 weeks ( 2 raises of 1/2 a percent) :?
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:45 pm

Footy Chick wrote:my home loan interest rate being raised by 1 percent in 3 weeks ( 2 raises of 1/2 a percent) :?

when are we bingoing?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:16 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:when are we bingoing?

How long you bingoing?
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:36 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:my home loan interest rate being raised by 1 percent in 3 weeks ( 2 raises of 1/2 a percent) :?

when are we bingoing?

You never asked, Monday nights at the Mawson Lakes Pub I think, if you're keen.

Might not be able to afford it now though ;)
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion