Things that give you the sh1ts

Anything!

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby HH3 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:20 am

Footy Chick wrote:new website - launched on Wednesday - so thanks for picking that up!

When you stare at something constantly, you don't see this stuff - feel free to have a look and let me know of any more you find.

Did anyone proof read it?

Accommodation & rental vehicle benefits for vehicle or caravan breandowns or accidents
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby heater31 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:24 am

FC is on commission for every mistake she points out..... ;)
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:26 am

Ha, i wish!

At least it gives you lot something to do today though. ;)
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1741 times
Been liked: 2148 times

Postby Jim05 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:36 pm

Friggin inconsiderate cyclists. Government has just spent a zillion dollars putting a new bike path through the Barossa Valley that runs fairly close to the main road and gets the cyclists off what is a fairly narrow road. So im cruising up there on Saturday and all of a sudden we are stuck in traffic doing 30km/hour, find out these f**kwit cyclists have decided not to use the new bike path but stay on the road, wankers
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3554 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby dedja » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:38 pm

It's perfectly legal for them to use the road ...
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 1004 times

Postby Ian » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:09 pm

yes it is, a lot of bike paths are ok for a casual ride at snail pace, anything faster the road is often the only choice
North Adelaide F C : Champions of Aust 1972 : Premiers 1900, 02, 05, 20, 30, 31, 49, 52, 60, 71, 72, 87, 91
Ian

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 93 times
Grassroots Team: Lockleys

Re:

Postby whufc » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:28 pm

Wedgie wrote:Here's another thing that shits me:

Weather that's hot enough to keep the kids out of bed later than their normal 8.30pm bed time slot. This in its self isn't an issue but the fact that Dad loves a smoke with a beer and he hides it from his kids that he smokes and he has to wait till about 10pm for his first one is what shits me!!! :evil:

If ur kids are like what I was they will smell it all over u but never say anything to avoid that awkward moment
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5603 times
Been liked: 2535 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby RustyCage » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:11 pm

Q. wrote:Shame that she uses a spade to apply her make-up...

even more reason not to look at her face
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby Bully » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:45 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1gYEG1TzBk

Don't understand why the yanks believe more guns are the answer...
Bully
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 120 times

Postby Failed Creation » Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:18 pm

Being home alone while having a panic attack.
Politicians kissing babies for good luck,
TV preachers sell salvation for a buck.
You don't need no golden cross to tell you wrong from right,
The world's worst murderers were those who saw the light.
Failed Creation
Coach

Has liked: 3308 times
Been liked: 613 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:28 am

Hearing this morning that a heap of sporting teams in the US could be forced to change their logo's because of bloody political correctness

Ie; The Washington Redskins are under the hammer to change their name after 80 years as "redskin" is a derogatory term to native Indians. If this gets through, it will pave the way for such other teams as the Atlanta Braves etc...to be forced to do the same.

If it's so derogatory, why ark up about it now? Why not 10 years ago, or 20 years ago?

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Postby HH3 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:44 am

They've been trying to get it changed for decades. Its just that now theres a lot more people backing the change than there used to be.

It is pretty racist. Imagine Oakland being called the Blackskins, or someone being called the Wetbacks....same thing
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:48 am

HH3 wrote:They've been trying to get it changed for decades.

Ah ok, I didn't realise that - I actually had no idea until today to be honest what it even meant so I understand why they want it changed but really questioned why no one had pushed the change until now..

Does that mean the lollies have to change their name too?

Footy Chick

Postby Wedgie » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:49 am

Footy Chick wrote:Hearing this morning that a heap of sporting teams in the US could be forced to change their logo's because of bloody political correctness

Ie; The Washington Redskins are under the hammer to change their name after 80 years as "redskin" is a derogatory term to native Indians. If this gets through, it will pave the way for such other teams as the Atlanta Braves etc...to be forced to do the same.

If it's so derogatory, why ark up about it now? Why not 10 years ago, or 20 years ago?

Using that same philosophy no bad things would ever get changed.
Imagine South Africa 20 odd years ago, why ark up about apartheid now?
Australia 1960, let's get Aboriginals the right to vote. Why ark up about it now?
Australia early 1900s, let's let women vote. Why ark up about it now?
Let's help end world famine. Why ark up about it now?
Let's stop kids being raped. Why ark up about it now?
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2056 times
Been liked: 3907 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:40 am

Wedgie wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:Hearing this morning that a heap of sporting teams in the US could be forced to change their logo's because of bloody political correctness

Using that same philosophy no bad things would ever get changed.
Imagine South Africa 20 odd years ago, why ark up about apartheid now?
Australia 1960, let's get Aboriginals the right to vote. Why ark up about it now?
Australia early 1900s, let's let women vote. Why ark up about it now?
Let's help end world famine. Why ark up about it now?
Let's stop kids being raped. Why ark up about it now?

They;re world changing events - we're talking about a sporting team logo. I see what you're trying to say but quite different in the whole scheme of things.

Lets get it straight that now that I know what the reference is all about I can see why people want it changed....as I said I was actually pretty oblivient to it previously.

It's like the story of a park or a grandstand at an oval (In Brisbane I think it was) going back a few years ago, which was named after a local legend whose nickname happened to be "coon" (so the park was called "Fred "Coon" Bloggs Park) and there we calls for the name to be changed, even though it had been named after this guy for 100 years. IIRC, I don't think they actually ended up changing it.

I think if there is a context or historical reference to such things that these should be taken into account before being made to be banished just because society now deems it inappropriate.

Footy Chick

Postby heater31 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:51 am

The Washington Redskins were one of the last if not the last organisations in the NFL to sign black players to their roster.

Had pick 1 in the 1962 draft, selected the previous year's Heisman trophy winner (Ernie Davis a black man) and traded immediately to Cleveland....
heater31

Postby Psyber » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:25 am

heater31 wrote:The Washington Redskins were one of the last if not the last organisations in the NFL to sign black players to their roster.
Had pick 1 in the 1962 draft, selected the previous year's Heisman trophy winner (Ernie Davis a black man) and traded immediately to Cleveland....

Surely the "Redskins" and the "Braves" were not called that to dishonour the American Indian tribes, but in recognition and identification with their courage and fighting spirit. So, it was in reality a form of honouring them. How does that now become racist and denigrating? Just because the words are NOW seen as such by the PC police?
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 393 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:36 am

Yeah, that was kinda my line of thinking too...

Footy Chick

Postby heater31 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:44 am

Psyber wrote:
heater31 wrote:The Washington Redskins were one of the last if not the last organisations in the NFL to sign black players to their roster.

Surely the "Redskins" and the "Braves" were not called that to dishonour the American Indian tribes, but in recognition and identification with their courage and fighting spirit. So, it was in reality a form of honouring them. How does that now become racist and denigrating? Just because the words are NOW seen as such by the PC police?

Obviously the American PC police do. Given the franchise history regarding political correctness issues they would resist this until all avenues of pressure are exhausted.
heater31

Postby Wedgie » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:39 pm

Psyber wrote:

Are you serious?
Calling a NFL team the Redskins is no different to calling an AFL side the Abbos.
Redskins is an offensive, disparaging, insultive and taboo term.
The last time it was used as a common term for indigenous was the 19th century!
The term Redskin to indigenous Americans is exactly the same as the term Nigger is to African Americans.

Just because you're ignorant there's no need to play the PC card.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2056 times
Been liked: 3907 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion