Things that give you the sh1ts

Anything!

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby The Bedge » Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:48 am

I hate people who chew with their mouth open.
I hate when I can hear being eating/chewing
I hate when people breathe heavily through their nose while eating.

Now.. there is a lady who works in Brisbane office, EVERY TIME she calls me, she's chewing gum or eating lollies.. just had a half hour phone call with her and all I could hear was the magnified sound of hard lollies being sucked, and rolling around her mouth and it was DRIVING ME ******* NUTS!!!!!
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby locky801 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:56 am

The Bedge wrote:I hate people who chew with their mouth open.

Now.. there is a lady who works in Brisbane office, EVERY TIME she calls me, she's chewing gum or eating lollies.. just had a half hour phone call with her and all I could hear was the magnified sound of hard lollies being sucked, and rolling around her mouth and it was DRIVING ME ******* NUTS!!!!!

I hate when people breathe heavily through their nose while giving me a hea (well you know)
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3645 times
Been liked: 1160 times

Postby Booney » Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:56 am

The Bedge wrote:I hate people who chew with their mouth open.

I politely tell anyone eating on the phone with me that I'm happy for them to call me back when they're done and I end the call. I don't stand for it and neither should society.

#stopthechomp
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:22 pm

Not quite sure where to put this but I'm confused and annoyed about it.

So it's cricket season now (you beauty) and like anything we do in these unprecedented times we need COVID plans in place. Our association the ASCA has put their COVID plan and we must follow it if we want to play, I'm assuming all associations will have a similar if not the same COVID plan.

Fair enough but why can I play football this season, a contact sport for and play against, have physical contact with, tackle, brush up along side, handle the same footballs as fellow males from 10 different amateur league clubs most of which I've never met/seen and will never see again aswell as have umpires that handle the same footballs yet for cricket we are discouraged from shaking hands with the opposition, discouraged from celebrating wickets with my team mates, not allowed to have any contact with umpires and have them not my hat while I'm bowling. Also our teamsheets cannot be exchanged by the captains at the coin toss like usual instead be placed somewhere where a photo can be taken of them by the opposition captain yet as far as I'm aware during football teamsheets were still exchanged by team mangers as per usual.

No afternoon tea either which NH usually does yet clubs could still sell food during football season and have people eat together.

I can understand the saliva part thats a bit more serious but f**k it's going to be bloody hard not to be able to just automatically shine the ball because I'm one to try and keep the ball as 'new' as possible.

Drink bottles aren't are problem for me because everyone at my club brings their own drinks for cricket anyway.

I can understand and appreciate having these COVID plans but when I look at the two sports I'm heavily involved in I see a whole lot of double standards which makes me just shake my head in disbelief.
Last edited by The Dark Knight on Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10298 times
Been liked: 1516 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby The Bedge » Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:31 pm

Preach it TDK! I hear ya!! I've had countless arguments with those in positions of authority over this.

Really I just think associations love kissing SACA's arse.. and SACA like to "strongly recommend" crap where if you don't accept their recommendation they threaten stuff like affiliation/insurance.

It's a joke.. the whole thing is a joke. We are apparently supposed to wipe down stumps before/after play and at each wicket.. no high 5's or contact, umpire cant touch the ball, stick your hat behind the keeper blah blah blah.

We have covid marshalls for each captain, we have sanitiser at each game, we are contact tracing each game.. WHY THE **** THE ADDED BULLSHIT?!

CA's recommendations also included wiping the ball every 45min - what an ABSOLUTE LOAD OF GARBAGE!

I also love how everyone passes the buck "blame CA.".. "Blame SA Health." .. "Blame SACA"... these are things we must do if we want to play.. and THEN they throw out the "We should be thankful and realise how lucky we are to be playing.." - spare me your emotional guilt trip bullshit.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Armchair expert » Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:54 pm

You could have a 11 man gangbang at all all male brothel and that would be fine

shine a ball though, how dare you
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 379 times
Been liked: 1414 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby Dutchy » Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:03 pm

Do you think its just a starting point to remind everyone and will be relaxed a couple of rounds in?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby heater31 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:05 pm

Dutchy wrote:Do you think its just a starting point to remind everyone and will be relaxed a couple of rounds in?
The shit thing is the open endedness of it. There is no clarity on when the madness will end.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby Booney » Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:17 pm

Armchair expert wrote:You could have a 11 man gangbang at all all male brothel and that would be fine

Thanks for clarifying mate. Big weekend ahead!
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby tipper » Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:19 pm

Booney wrote:
Armchair expert wrote:You could have a 11 man gangbang at all all male brothel and that would be fine

You, a bucket of lube, and your ten fingers/thumbs?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby Booney » Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:19 pm

The Bedge wrote:umpire cant touch the ball

PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:19 pm

tipper wrote:
Booney wrote:

You, a bucket of lube, and your ten fingers/thumbs?

Premiership reunion.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:58 pm

Dutchy wrote:Do you think its just a starting point to remind everyone and will be relaxed a couple of rounds in?

Simular to Football, be overly precautionary early
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Trader » Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:58 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:Not quite sure where to put this but I'm confused and annoyed about it.

So it's cricket season now (you beauty) and like anything we do in these unprecedented times we need COVID plans in place. Our association the ASCA has put their COVID plan and we must follow it if we want to play, I'm assuming all associations will have a similar if not the same COVID plan.

Fair enough but why can I play football this season, a contact sport for and play against, have physical contact with, tackle, brush up along side, handle the same footballs as fellow males from 10 different amateur league clubs most of which I've never met/seen and will never see again aswell as have umpires that handle the same footballs yet for cricket we are discouraged from shaking hands with the opposition, discouraged from celebrating wickets with my team mates, not allowed to have any contact with umpires and have them not my hat while I'm bowling. Also our teamsheets cannot be exchanged by the captains at the coin toss like usual instead be placed somewhere where a photo can be taken of them by the opposition captain yet as far as I'm aware during football teamsheets were still exchanged by team mangers as per usual.

No afternoon tea either which NH usually does yet clubs could still sell food during football season and have people eat together.

I can understand the saliva part thats a bit more serious but f**k it's going to be bloody hard not to be able to just automatically shine the ball because I'm one to try and keep the ball as 'new' as possible.

Drink bottles aren't are problem for me because everyone at my club brings their own drinks for cricket anyway.

I can understand and appreciate having these COVID plans but when I look at the two sports I'm heavily involved in I see a whole lot of double standards which makes me just shake my head in disbelief.

The difference is the blokes in charge.

SACA are a bunch of old school wet noodle types, where as Kernahs and the SAAFL are more willing to push for what makes sense.

Interestingly that ATCA didn't follow the model put forward by SACA and now SACA are looking to roll back some of their requirements after realising how silly they were.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby The Bedge » Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:11 pm

heater31 wrote:
The shit thing is the open endedness of it. There is no clarity on when the madness will end.

This is my biggest concern, that all these restrictions will come in for all sports and organisations.. people will get somewhat accustomed to them, and they'll just remain.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:04 pm

What happens after a wicket now? Do you place the ball in front of the umpire on the pitch?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby The Bedge » Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:37 pm

Dutchy wrote:What happens after a wicket now? Do you place the ball in front of the umpire on the pitch?

Who ever is the fielder with the ball has to place next to the stumps at bowlers end.

If the wicket is bowled the umpire has to wipe down the stumps and bails as well.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:49 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Dutchy wrote:What happens after a wicket now? Do you place the ball in front of the umpire on the pitch?

Who ever is the fielder with the ball has to place next to the stumps at bowlers end.

If the wicket is bowled the umpire has to wipe down the stumps and bails as well.

Sorry, he what?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby The Dark Knight » Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:17 pm

The Bedge wrote:If the wicket is bowled the umpire has to wipe down the stumps and bails as well.

Now this is the most utterly ridiculous part of the Cricket COVID plan.
Like you said in your initial post, the whole thing is a joke when I compare it with Football in 2020.
Last edited by The Dark Knight on Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby The Dark Knight » Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:21 pm

Trader wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:Not quite sure where to put this but I'm confused and annoyed about it.

The difference is the blokes in charge.

SACA are a bunch of old school wet noodle types, where as Kernahs and the SAAFL are more willing to push for what makes sense.

Interestingly that ATCA didn't follow the model put forward by SACA and now SACA are looking to roll back some of their requirements after realising how silly they were.

I thought this may have something to do with it. From my experience the AdFL made our 2020 season are 'normal' as possible given the circumstances and it remained pretty much the same as previous year with no ridiculous rules or advise that our Cricket COVID safe plans have.
The Dark Knight
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion