Things that give you the sh1ts

Anything!

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Psyber » Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:32 pm

whufc wrote:
stan wrote:
whufc wrote:Fed soccer...…..no surprise.

Such a same that fed soccer is the pathway for decent players...….its full of arrogant wankers thinking their child is the next Messi.
You do see some of that and I know what you are saying. Some of the club's that also grade at the lower levels foster that sort of thing and then you get the idiots out there coaching and then you see what happens out there on the field.

I've been a Australian rules football person all my life, it's only that my youngest is looking at soccer and we have some family friends who kids are playing U/9 that we come out and watch a bit.

Strange world soccer.

What do you notice are the biggest differences between junior soccer and aussie rules.

I hardly noticed any difference the one year I played Soccer in my teens.
(Basically I played goalie, because I couldn't dribble the thing.)

So, my strategy (worked out with the wingers) was to dash out as soon as the ball entered the scoring zone, grab it, then fall back a bit and drop kick it to whichever wingman had broken out into space. The backspin on a drop kick has an interesting effect on the round ball's trajectory lengthening your range. The English kids always claimed I was "charging" them to win possession but the referees never pinged me.

It came about because there were enough English kids at the school to form a team, the Greek and Italian kids combined, but the eastern Europeans were scratching to form a team for the school "internal league", and so I thought I'd have a go.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 389 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Mr Beefy » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:18 am

Psyber wrote:
whufc wrote:
stan wrote:
whufc wrote:Fed soccer...…..no surprise.

Such a same that fed soccer is the pathway for decent players...….its full of arrogant wankers thinking their child is the next Messi.
You do see some of that and I know what you are saying. Some of the club's that also grade at the lower levels foster that sort of thing and then you get the idiots out there coaching and then you see what happens out there on the field.

I've been a Australian rules football person all my life, it's only that my youngest is looking at soccer and we have some family friends who kids are playing U/9 that we come out and watch a bit.

Strange world soccer.

What do you notice are the biggest differences between junior soccer and aussie rules.

I hardly noticed any difference the one year I played Soccer in my teens.
(Basically I played goalie, because I couldn't dribble the thing.)

So, my strategy (worked out with the wingers) was to dash out as soon as the ball entered the scoring zone, grab it, then fall back a bit and drop kick it to whichever wingman had broken out into space. The backspin on a drop kick has an interesting effect on the round ball's trajectory lengthening your range. The English kids always claimed I was "charging" them to win possession but the referees never pinged me.

It came about because there were enough English kids at the school to form a team, the Greek and Italian kids combined, but the eastern Europeans were scratching to form a team for the school "internal league", and so I thought I'd have a go.

Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 404 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Brodlach » Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:34 am

The female drivers today. Bitches be crazy!

No indicating, just pulling out onto the road and driving 35 in a 60 zone so she can concentrate on holding her mobile phone and talking were just some of the people today driving to work
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby MW » Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:48 am

Brodlach wrote:The female drivers today. Bitches be crazy!

No indicating, just pulling out onto the road and driving 35 in a 60 zone so she can concentrate on holding her mobile phone and talking were just some of the people today driving to work

I came out of a side street to Goodwood rd next to westbourne park oval, and there was a lane closed. I indicate straight away to merge as you do, and the bitch behind be accelerated immediately to close the gap. Jokes on her, my car is shit so I merged anyway with a proud upright bird pointing in her direction in the rear view mirror. F..king cow.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1821 times

Postby stan » Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:55 am

MW wrote:

I came out of a side street to Goodwood rd next to westbourne park oval, and there was a lane closed. I indicate straight away to merge as you do, and the bitch behind be accelerated immediately to close the gap. Jokes on her, my car is shit so I merged anyway with a proud upright bird pointing in her direction in the rear view mirror. F..king cow.
I don't know why in Adelaide we hate letting someone in. I mean if one car us going to make you that much later then Shit maybe you should have left earlier.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby westcoastpanther » Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:42 am

stan wrote:
MW wrote:

I don't know why in Adelaide we hate letting someone in. I mean if one car us going to make you that much later then Shit maybe you should have left earlier.

It's an all over SA thing, in Queensland you can indicate with a car almost alongside you and they will pull back and let you in. SA drivers are wankers
Hi, My name is Ron 'Bluey' Dunn. Did you know I played in the 61 & 62 Tasman Premiership sides....
westcoastpanther
Coach

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 150 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby The Bedge » Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:26 pm

People who post on sports articles and then finish with telling you who they support - like who cares!

From a SAFooty fan.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Psyber » Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:00 pm

westcoastpanther wrote:
stan wrote:
MW wrote:

It's an all over SA thing, in Queensland you can indicate with a car almost alongside you and they will pull back and let you in. SA drivers are wankers

That worked in Melbourne too when I lived there for 10 years. The law there then stipulated that when merging is needed the car with its nose in front has right of way.

WA has a different issue. Cars travel along any narrow one lane each way highways below the speed limit, and then when you get a passing lane and try to pass they speed up.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 389 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Pseudo » Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:58 pm

Power outage at work.

Particularly when it happens before I can make a coffee.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Pag » Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:32 pm

Parents who keep their kids home from school for three days for them to avoid practicing a really important life skill (speaking in front of a group). I get its not comfortable for all kids, but neither is Maths, Writing or PE, and we ask kids to practice skills in those areas regularly.

Parents, your child being out of their comfort zone once in a blue moon is not a bad thing.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 498 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:56 pm

The Bedge wrote:People who post on sports articles and then finish with telling you who they support - like who cares!

From a SAFooty fan.

Sorry
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Spargo » Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:15 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
The Bedge wrote:People who post on sports articles and then finish with telling you who they support - like who cares!

From a SAFooty fan.

Sorry

Soz
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5454 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Armchair expert » Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:26 pm

Browsing woolies clearance section, saw a cold pizza for $1.29 "BARGAIN" I thought...well turns out it was only $3.50 normal price and now I'll have the shits for the next couple of days.
Last edited by Armchair expert on Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 379 times
Been liked: 1413 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby Dutchy » Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:29 pm

Pag wrote:Parents who keep their kids home from school for three days for them to avoid practicing a really important life skill (speaking in front of a group). I get its not comfortable for all kids, but neither is Maths, Writing or PE, and we ask kids to practice skills in those areas regularly.

Parents, your child being out of their comfort zone once in a blue moon is not a bad thing.

Thats bloody poor.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:03 am

Our factory had a major breakdown last night so I had to come back into work, started getting a bit of a toothache while I was here only for it to turn into a full blown abscess during the night giving me no sleep at all and can't get into the doctor until you guessed it....................2:30.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Armchair expert » Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:13 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:Our factory had a major breakdown last night so I had to come back into work, started getting a bit of a toothache while I was here only for it to turn into a full blown abscess during the night giving me no sleep at all and can't get into the doctor until you guessed it....................2:30.

Look on the bright side, that’s sooner than going through the ED
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 379 times
Been liked: 1413 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:35 am

Armchair expert wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Our factory had a major breakdown last night so I had to come back into work, started getting a bit of a toothache while I was here only for it to turn into a full blown abscess during the night giving me no sleep at all and can't get into the doctor until you guessed it....................2:30.

Look on the bright side, that’s sooner than going through the ED

There's no bright side and I'm only after a script for some antibiotics and pain killers.

Someone did a ring around for me and I have now got a 9:10 appt elsewhere, I just wanna douse myself up and go to bed, my face is growing by the minute it seems.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Gosaints » Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:12 am

even when people are meant to be socially distancing the parking at marion shopping centre is terrible
Gosaints
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: Glenunga

Postby Booney » Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:30 pm

Every year without fail the long weekend at Port Vincent is plagued by a dodge tide. Every f*cking year.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7466 times
Been liked: 10753 times

Postby DOC » Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:34 pm

So you have to get on the punt and the gas at the Ventnor. Tough.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion