Daily Golf - Where you are playing and how you go

Re: Daily Golf - Where you are playing and how you go

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon May 29, 2017 11:27 am

It was the advice on that practice green that certainly helped. Also got some advice from the guys I was playing with.....but after my 3rd par on the 3rd they decided I didnt need any help....
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11992 times
Been liked: 3662 times

Postby carey » Mon May 29, 2017 1:19 pm

Made my return to golf after the infamous Boons golf day. It took that long for the mental scars to heel.

Front 9 was a lot like boons golf day, Wasn't pretty 14 points. Come good on the back 9 with 20 points for 34 on the day. Only 1 scrub for the day coming on the 9th apart from that was relatively happy in pretty tough conditions (wind and rain).

I have really slowed my swing down off the tee which has helped on my slice, which is the area I will be working on over the coming weeks.

Que Verbal abuse from MT79 and Possibly Booney........ :lol:
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2812 times
Been liked: 2999 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Booney » Mon May 29, 2017 1:21 pm

carey wrote:Made my return to golf after the infamous Boons golf day. It took that long for the mental scars to heel.

Front 9 was a lot like boons golf day, Wasn't pretty 14 points. Come good on the back 9 with 20 points for 34 on the day. Only 1 scrub for the day coming on the 9th apart from that was relatively happy in pretty tough conditions (wind and rain).

I have really slowed my swing down off the tee which has helped on my slice, which is the area I will be working on over the coming weeks.

No, no need for me to abuse. You hit them better than me and you're the one who has to sleep at night with #14. ;)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7538 times
Been liked: 10857 times

Postby carey » Mon May 29, 2017 1:23 pm

Booney wrote:
carey wrote:Made my return to golf after the infamous Boons golf day. It took that long for the mental scars to heel.

No, no need for me to abuse. You hit them better than me and you're the one who has to sleep at night with #14. ;)

in 3 more rounds I should be 15-16 handicapper. Round 17 is played to a 10.5 and round 18 is played to an 8.2! :shock:
Be glad for these 2 rounds to drop off! ;)

I actually did drive quite well slowing it right down.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2812 times
Been liked: 2999 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Corona Man » Mon May 29, 2017 2:08 pm

Swing speeds are always an interesting debate. For me there is no right or wrong. It's very much an individual thing. Much of it has to do with the physical attributes of the player. Take Ernie Els for example, the bloke is about 6.3 with a big set of shoulders. His "turn" generates enormous leverage so his swing looks slowish. Freddy Couples another who looked like he went to sleep on his back swing. Ben Hogan and Gary Player smaller guys who swung a little quicker. The key to me is getting in the right position at the top of the swing, dropping it inside on the way back down an you have a right to left draw shape. Had lessons many years ago, the old pro said it very simply.... get it in the right position at the top... swing as hard as you like!

My other tip... don't try to "hit the ball"... just swing the club, ball simply gets in the way.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1285 times
Been liked: 3503 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon May 29, 2017 2:26 pm

Corona Man wrote:Swing speeds are always an interesting debate. For me there is no right or wrong. It's very much an individual thing. Much of it has to do with the physical attributes of the player. Take Ernie Els for example, the bloke is about 6.3 with a big set of shoulders. His "turn" generates enormous leverage so his swing looks slowish. Freddy Couples another who looked like he went to sleep on his back swing. Ben Hogan and Gary Player smaller guys who swung a little quicker. The key to me is getting in the right position at the top of the swing, dropping it inside on the way back down an you have a right to left draw shape. Had lessons many years ago, the old pro said it very simply.... get it in the right position at the top... swing as hard as you like!

My other tip... don't try to "hit the ball"... just swing the club, ball simply gets in the way.

Easier said than done....

Ive previously slowed down my tempo on the Driver to garner more control....but as a hacker my inconsistencies still showed through.

Now im just happy to hit hybrid off the tee. Generally get a nice draw. Only missed 2 fairways all day.

A guy in my group on saturday had what I told him 'the sexiest golf swing' I have seen live. I told him I could watch him all day long. It was in the Couples mode of a nice smooth tempo swing. Effortless.
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby Corona Man » Mon May 29, 2017 4:09 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
Corona Man wrote:Swing speeds are always an interesting debate. For me there is no right or wrong. It's very much an individual thing. Much of it has to do with the physical attributes of the player. Take Ernie Els for example, the bloke is about 6.3 with a big set of shoulders. His "turn" generates enormous leverage so his swing looks slowish. Freddy Couples another who looked like he went to sleep on his back swing. Ben Hogan and Gary Player smaller guys who swung a little quicker. The key to me is getting in the right position at the top of the swing, dropping it inside on the way back down an you have a right to left draw shape. Had lessons many years ago, the old pro said it very simply.... get it in the right position at the top... swing as hard as you like!

Ive previously slowed down my tempo on the Driver to garner more control....but as a hacker my inconsistencies still showed through.

Now im just happy to hit hybrid off the tee. Generally get a nice draw. Only missed 2 fairways all day.

A guy in my group on saturday had what I told him 'the sexiest golf swing' I have seen live. I told him I could watch him all day long. It was in the Couples mode of a nice smooth tempo swing. Effortless.

I find beer helps my swing... gives it fluidity!
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1285 times
Been liked: 3503 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Booney » Mon May 29, 2017 4:12 pm

Corona Man wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:

I find beer helps my swing... gives it fluidity!

We were 100% liquid at Mt Osmond a month ago then! :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon May 29, 2017 7:37 pm

Mattee G

You playing Thaxted on Sunday?
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby MatteeG » Mon May 29, 2017 11:02 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Mattee G

Hey mate, nah I'm week 5 of the 10 week Auskick season. Golf will be back on the agenda early July.

Looks a good deal!
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue May 30, 2017 7:27 am

MatteeG wrote:

Hey mate, nah I'm week 5 of the 10 week Auskick season. Golf will be back on the agenda early July.

Looks a good deal!

You still part of Southern Divots?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby MatteeG » Tue May 30, 2017 10:53 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
MatteeG wrote:

Looks a good deal!

Yes mate- we should have about 8-10 starters for Sunday
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Postby MatteeG » Tue May 30, 2017 10:54 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
MatteeG wrote:

Looks a good deal!

Yes mate. We should have 8-10 starters for Sunday
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:57 pm

Booney wrote:Flew solo around North Haven yesterday, tee to green on the 3 par 3's, 3 putted them all. :oops:

Drove well, long irons acceptable, bladed 3 wedges over the back of greens, had 47 and left about 7 or 8 out there.

Not the greatest course, but when you're weekend is busy and you flick around in about 70 minutes with nobody around you at 9am Sunday, perfect!

Went around in 41 yesterday to take some of the chips / putts with me that I left out there two weeks ago.

Long irons working a treat, only had one 3 putt.
@heater31 , when can I get a gig at West Lakes as a visitor?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:15 pm

You wont like West Lakes.
Smallest fairways in history.
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby heater31 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:30 pm

Booney wrote:@heater31 , when can I get a gig at West Lakes as a visitor?

When are you signing up as a member ;)

Seriously when is your calendar free?? I've booked out my visitor spots this weekend but after that I'm pretty right. Except the 18th of June, Pennant home game so that means hardly anyone will get on the course that Sunday!
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1265 times

Postby MatteeG » Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:03 pm

So our lads copped both barrels trying to get them off the course before Pennants. "Play the next 3 holes in 15 minutes or you are off the course"

No mention of it before they tee off? Or even some communication during the week stating there would need to be some urgency to get through the round quick as possible?

As it was all the lads were there at 8am, they could have been asked to get going straight away.

They did this to us about 8 years ago, booted us off after 9 'because pennants was on'. Finally given them another chance over the past 18 months and this happens.

Thaxted can go **** themselves. We will be cancelling our next booked round.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:09 pm

MatteeG wrote:

So our lads copped both barrels trying to get them off the course before Pennants. "Play the next 3 holes in 15 minutes or you are off the course"

No mention of it before they tee off? Or even some communication during the week stating there would need to be some urgency to get through the round quick as possible?

As it was all the lads were there at 8am, they could have been asked to get going straight away.

They did this to us about 8 years ago, booted us off after 9 'because pennants was on'. Finally given them another chance over the past 18 months and this happens.

Thaxted can go **** themselves. We will be cancelling our next booked round.

Same thing happened at the Vines a few weeks back apparently.
Disappointing that there were no allowances made.
Given the restricted bookings perhaps clubs shouldnt over book on Pennant days and just close the course for the day.

mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby MatteeG » Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:21 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Given the restricted bookings perhaps clubs shouldnt over book on Pennant days and just close the course for the day.

Exactly- even cancel the booking the week or so prior- while disappointing it would avoid such situations.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Postby heater31 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:16 pm

MatteeG wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Given the restricted bookings perhaps clubs shouldnt over book on Pennant days and just close the course for the day.

Exactly- even cancel the booking the week or so prior- while disappointing it would avoid such situations.

Weak as piss by these southern clubs, the pennant program is known more than 6 months in advance yet they take a social club booking :roll:
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1265 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Other Sports  Golf