Daily Golf - Where you are playing and how you go

Re: SA Golf Course Reviews

Postby Browny25 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:34 pm

whufc wrote:
automaticwicky wrote:North Lakes = poop

In the words of the comic book guy "Worst course EVER"

Way over priced considering what you get.

Never seen that course have decent fairways...
Browny25
Coach

Has liked: 105 times
Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby Iron Fist » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:01 pm

Since Ive had the season of cricket I have been trying to get some more golf in
this summer I have played at,
Willunga a few times, thought the course was great, ncie and green with some water to make holes challenging, I thouroughly enjoyed it!
Riverside, my bro has become a memeber so i play as the visitor most weekends, I Like the course, lots of bunkers with the course in great condition
Regency a few times, played there last saturday, only thing I was unhappy about was the fact it took us 5hrs for a round, had some group with a lady slowing us down!!
Mt Compass(flerieu) was a very hard course with as someone else said earlier roughs so thick that if ya ball went in there then it was gonna be almost impossible to get out!
North Haven, just played 9 one arvo there, used to be an ok course but personally I think it is horrible now, fairways dry, sand everywhere, greens have dead spots all through them! I wouldnt recomend playing there!
Hopefully I will have a round at Grange in the next few weeks, never played there but know it will be an excellent course!
get on board the thunder train!!!
Iron Fist
Veteran

Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Portland

Postby Ron Burgundy » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:14 am

Play fairly often on both Grange courses, they are both great, albeit a tad long.
Ron Burgundy
League - Best 21

Has liked: 174 times
Been liked: 137 times

Postby whufc » Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:29 pm

Playing the Penfield Par 5 Nine Hole course once i finish work, in less than an hour :D :D

Never played there before so can't wait.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2530 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby auto » Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:40 pm

Can you let us know about Penfield, costs, layout, crowds and dress code. I am going there on Monday or Tuesday.
auto
League - Top 5

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 29 times
Grassroots Team: Fitzroy

Postby Jimmy_041 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:05 pm

Cory thinks Royal Adelaide is probably not that good a course to play on
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 719 times
Been liked: 1072 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby JK » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:47 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:Cory thinks Royal Adelaide is probably not that good a course to play on

Apparently it doesnt matter too much what Cory thinks these days
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4460 times
Been liked: 2988 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Jimmy_041 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:40 pm

Constance_Perm wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:Cory thinks Royal Adelaide is probably not that good a course to play on

Apparently it doesnt matter too much what Cory thinks these days

We'll see.............
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 719 times
Been liked: 1072 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby auto » Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:00 pm

Nice course Penfield. Hole 2 and 3 are Par 4 with doglegs. Hole 3 esp very short, reachable in one as long as you can hook it around some big trees. Worth a visit at $20 a round.
auto
League - Top 5

Postby whufc » Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:01 pm

Played Penfield Sunday cost $20 for as long as you want. No dress code as far as i was aware.

Step up to the tee for the first hole and face down a 493 metre par 5. Most holes have doglegs. I found the Par 3's quite tricky. The greens and fairway were in awesome condition IMHO. Definately well worth the visit.

On my game, i probably had the worst round of my lifetime shot 66 for 9 holes :shock:. Couldn't strike the ball well all day and by the time my putting got going were were on the 8th green.

BUT like i said to my mate, that it was the most enjoyable 5hit round that i have ever played.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2530 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby auto » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:02 am

whufc wrote:Played Penfield Sunday cost $20 for as long as you want. No dress code as far as i was aware.

Step up to the tee for the first hole and face down a 493 metre par 5. Most holes have doglegs. I found the Par 3's quite tricky. The greens and fairway were in awesome condition IMHO. Definately well worth the visit.

On my game, i probably had the worst round of my lifetime shot 66 for 9 holes :shock:. Couldn't strike the ball well all day and by the time my putting got going were were on the 8th green.

BUT like i said to my mate, that it was the most enjoyable 5hit round that i have ever played.

Yeh dress code is no tank tops or thongs, so basically i think theyre saying no bogans.
auto
League - Top 5

Postby MatteeG » Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:37 pm

bulldogs wrote:Havent seen anything about Victor Harbour always one of my favourites. Has anyone played there lately and what nick is it in?

Gday bulldogs, have played Victor Harbor (when did they officially get rid of the 'u'?) twice in the past 3 weeks, and it is in sensational nick. Get down there.

Had a solid game first up hitting 35 points (3 birdies probably made it better than it actually was), but the second game was not good- 91 including a nasty 8 on the 4th!
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby Dutchy » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:59 pm

Played Murray Bridge today and was in good shape, some of the fairways were a bit patchy but I guess that is understandable, the greens were excellent however

A lovely little course, had a 6 foot eagle putt on the 12th but missed it :evil: and that was the highlight, terrible round

took a couple of pics of my fav hole the 17th that Ill post later
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2324 times
Been liked: 3499 times

Postby Iron Fist » Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:37 am

hey lads
I leave for robe tomoz with a few mates, spending the weekend up there
whats the pick of the courses in that area to play?
I have heard mt gambier is good, are any of them better then that??
Iron Fist
Veteran

Postby Big Phil » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:26 pm

Iron Fist wrote:hey lads

I think there are 2 courses in Gambier and I know I have played 1 of them a few years back and it was a great course. The course in Robe is nice as well but lots of deep schrubbery and you have to hit the ball straight or you are in trouble. Also, Beachport has a nice little course.
Big Phil
Coach

Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 271 times

Postby Iron Fist » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:40 pm

Big Phil wrote:
Iron Fist wrote:hey lads

I think there are 2 courses in Gambier and I know I have played 1 of them a few years back and it was a great course. The course in Robe is nice as well but lots of deep schrubbery and you have to hit the ball straight or you are in trouble. Also, Beachport has a nice little course.

we booked in for a round at one of them for sunday at 11
hopefully its a nice day and good course!
Iron Fist
Veteran

Postby Big Phil » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:25 am

So how did the round down in the South East go Iron Fist ???

My social club is booked in at The Pat on Sunday, will no doubt be a long round knowing the popularity of that course !!!
Big Phil
Coach

Postby Iron Fist » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:57 am

Big Phil wrote:So how did the round down in the South East go Iron Fist ???

My social club is booked in at The Pat on Sunday, will no doubt be a long round knowing the popularity of that course !!!

was a great course
I havent played on any real country courses but that would be one of the best I would think?!
Fairways were immaculate, lush and green!
if you hit into the trees you could find ya ball most of the time and wasnt impossible to get out!
greens were hard and fast!
was a long course, we had buggies, but i wouldnt want to walk it!
some elevated tees made for a great view!
would have been nicer if the pine forest next door hadnt been chopped down, would have added to the atmosphere of the course!
if up there and you have the clubs, I would definately recomend having a round there!

we also had a quick look at the robe course, its only 14 holes but seemed like a nice course from a quick look!

make sure u have allowed for atleast 5hrs to get round the pat!
good course but always so busy!
even regency was busy as, or we had slow ppl in front last time I played there few weeks ago
and thats only a 9 hole course!
Iron Fist
Veteran

Postby auto » Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:53 pm

Ambrose day at Murray Bridge 2moro, BBQ, and cheap beers/bourbons and beatuiful weather. OOooohhyeeah.

PS hopefully we dont come last again.
auto
League - Top 5

Postby Big Phil » Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:48 pm

Played the South course today down at Adelaide Shores (The Pat) with our once a month social group.

Hadn't played the Pat for 12 months and was very impressed with the upgrades to the course, with the greens running perfect, the fairways in excellent condition and all in all (apart from 2 or 3 holes on the back 9 with a bit of GUR) the course was in the best nic I've ever played it.

Having not played for a month (used to play once a week) I was worried I would be pretty rusty. Still not hitting the ball straight of the tee but still able to get 250+ metres off most tee blocks on Par 4 and 5's. Was hitting my mid range irons as good as I've hit them in a long time and with the exception of making a couple of 10 foot putts and one 3 putt, I basically 2 putted all day.

I guess generally I might jag a chip in off the green once in every 10 rounds or so and today I managed to have 2 of them !!! One for PAR on the first hole from about 20 out and the 2nd chip in, the better of the two, off the back of the big green on the 12th. Hit a long 9 iron about 15 metres over the back of the big green with the pin right at the front of the green, down at the bottom of the tier. Flopped it up in the air from about 40 out, pitching it at the top of the mound and watched it trail another 10 metres, hit the pin and drop straight in for birdie. Was also the $50 bonus birdie hole so scored a free round and lunched paid for today which was another bonus.

On a good day I'll shoot between 95 and 100 with a blow out being 105 - 110. Today, my handicap came down 2 strokes after I shot my best ever score on any course, 85 off the stick for a nett 58 to win the day for our social club. Also managed a closest to the pin award as well and just could not beleive how well I played today. Now the key is to try and keep that consistancy up and hit the driving range in between rounds to try and straighten up my driver.
Big Phil
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Other Sports  Golf