Golf in general

Re: Golf in general

Postby Sky Pilot » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:38 pm

cheetah wrote:bhas club in port pirie should move their licence out to the pirie golf club. A pokie club out their would inject some cash into the course. plus there is nothing out there. the closest place is the port rooms. with drink driving people can simply walk over there. with a few lighted pathways could add to the decadence of the place.

you know it is very interesting about the Port Pirie golf club. Used to be very nice with watered greens and fairways and a pleasure to play. But then what can only be described as gross incompetence by the management committee and the local council the club was unable to afford the recycled water and reverted back to scrapes. It is a dustbowl and hardly worth playing. By contrast, Port Augusta (with a similar population) has prospered with its golf course and it is one of the greenest and most manicured in the state. Good management from the club itself and the council has ensured a ready supply of recycled water from the sewage system, and the joint rocks. Whyalla is another Spencer Gulf city with a superb golf club, so Pirie needs to accept its failings and start again.
People who bought this book also bought a stool and some rope. Unknown literary critic
Sky Pilot
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: BMW

Postby cheetah » Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:11 am

Sky Pilot wrote:
cheetah wrote:bhas club in port pirie should move their licence out to the pirie golf club. A pokie club out their would inject some cash into the course. plus there is nothing out there. the closest place is the port rooms. with drink driving people can simply walk over there. with a few lighted pathways could add to the decadence of the place.

you know it is very interesting about the Port Pirie golf club. Used to be very nice with watered greens and fairways and a pleasure to play. But then what can only be described as gross incompetence by the management committee and the local council the club was unable to afford the recycled water and reverted back to scrapes. It is a dustbowl and hardly worth playing. By contrast, Port Augusta (with a similar population) has prospered with its golf course and it is one of the greenest and most manicured in the state. Good management from the club itself and the council has ensured a ready supply of recycled water from the sewage system, and the joint rocks. Whyalla is another Spencer Gulf city with a superb golf club, so Pirie needs to accept its failings and start again.

unfortunately pirie is going backwards, while other closer communities are really stepping up. money from pokies could make golf course a tourist attraction. from evil there could be a silver lining.
9km training
cheetah
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Solomontown

Postby Sky Pilot » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:02 am

Yeah I'd support putting porkies into the Pirie golf club and let it build up enough funds to return it to a proper course. At least the pokie income would benefit the community and not some fat-arsed publican
People who bought this book also bought a stool and some rope. Unknown literary critic
Sky Pilot
Assistant Coach

Postby Bulls forever » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:17 pm

Sky Pilot wrote:
Bulls forever wrote:The Ryder Cup just gone was IMO one of the greatest sporting events I have had the privilidge to watch, absolutely gripping TV, pity the TV director was not an Aussie such as David Hill, he would have captured a lot more golf and not wasted what seemed like ages watching blokes line up putts. This really goes for all the Tour events we see from USA, they seem to think that people want to watch them talking dribble rather than watching these absolute outstanding golfers playing shots we only dream of playing.

I also was lucky that Fox agreed to my bargaining and upgraded to HD and two IQ boxes for the same price I was paying for the normal stuff.

If you haven't got HD to watch sport, you are missing something, it is very hard to watch normal TV showing sport, ie the footy GF.

I'm interested in this? Bargaining with Fox? I have had Austar for 12 years straight and never got a thing other than what I pay $80 a month for. I enquired about upgrading to a better service and they just wanted exta coin. My ten year old remote threw the towel in a couple of years ago and I had to go thru the Spanish inquisition before they reluctantly agreed to send me a new one. The box I use is about as quick as an old 256k IBM twin slot computer.

SP, 2 x IQ boxes, upgrade to HD, $110 a month. A mate told me about a website / forum - Whirpool where they chat all the time about various commercial things and Fox was on there. Basically tell them you are cancelling, almost guarenteed their retentions will ring and negotiate. I rang them and they said they couldn't do anything, so I sent an email and retentions rang me, I am not into bargaining and not good at it, was paying $107 a month, so with all the upgrades just paying $3 more. Worth a try for all.

Plus just saw "two gloves" Gainey shoot 60 in latest tour event.
Bulls forever
Reserves

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Tea Tree Gully

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:49 am

adelaidenow

pay per view Mcilroy v woods on monday arvo
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11850 times
Been liked: 3601 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:45 am

after 2 holes

2 double bogeys

The Shark has pulled out of the tourney with suspected stomach ache
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby Sky Pilot » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:55 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:after 2 holes

2 double bogeys

Is it on tv?i
Sky Pilot
Assistant Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:06 pm

Sky Pilot wrote:

2 double bogeys

Is it on tv?i

onehd
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby Sky Pilot » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:09 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
Sky Pilot wrote:

2 double bogeys

Is it on tv?i

onehd

Oh yeah I have it now. Thanks
Sky Pilot
Assistant Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:41 pm

Popovic the leader has just put the ball into the trees on a par 3 and looking at a triple bogey
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:11 pm

popovic, starting to lose it a little bit. really would like to see him win, been in front since round 1, but is now behind and battling
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby Sky Pilot » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:59 pm

Popovic should put his putter on eBay tonight because he could make a tidy quid. It has been gold for four days and no sign of failing so far...
I hope he wins.
Sky Pilot
Assistant Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:18 pm

popovic rallies to win. was an enjoyable arvo, that ebbed and flowed
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby Sky Pilot » Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:22 pm

Played in the men's comp at Pymble today. My game was pretty forgettable but one of the guys in our four was Glenn Rosewall - son of Ken. Interesting chap and a leftie off 12 handicap. I asked him about his dad and he said he is still going strong but no longer plays golf or tennis due to arthritis but at 78 he is going fine.
Sky Pilot
Assistant Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:48 pm

the pat can go and get ******.

Spent $30 on a round and got some drinks.

Told me north course had thinned out and not so busy.

So i go there and there are 13 players in line!

What a waste of cash, but will never play there again
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby Sky Pilot » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:20 pm

I'm thinking of getting one or two pro lessons to improve my swing a bit but mainly to sharpen up my short game which at the moment is very average. My questions are can any of you guys recommend a good teaching pro and what would I expect to pay? Would really appreciate any help.
Sky Pilot
Assistant Coach

Postby Scouser » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:11 am

Sky Pilot wrote:I'm thinking of getting one or two pro lessons to improve my swing a bit but mainly to sharpen up my short game which at the moment is very average. My questions are can any of you guys recommend a good teaching pro and what would I expect to pay? Would really appreciate any help.

what area do you live?
Scouser

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time

Postby MatteeG » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:18 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:the pat can go and get ******.

North course with anyone on it is pretty slow going as usually the 'once a year' golfers are playing there (or blokes' wives and kids are having a hit). My rule of thumb at the pat (if you dont have a booking) is if the carpark is over half full, keep on driving.
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby Sky Pilot » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:46 pm

Scouser wrote:
Sky Pilot wrote:I'm thinking of getting one or two pro lessons to improve my swing a bit but mainly to sharpen up my short game which at the moment is very average. My questions are can any of you guys recommend a good teaching pro and what would I expect to pay? Would really appreciate any help.

what area do you live?

Up north, but I'm happy to come to Adelaide
Sky Pilot
Assistant Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:16 am

MatteeG wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:the pat can go and get ******.

North course with anyone on it is pretty slow going as usually the 'once a year' golfers are playing there (or blokes' wives and kids are having a hit). My rule of thumb at the pat (if you dont have a booking) is if the carpark is over half full, keep on driving.

I understand the north course does get busy, but the manner in which I was informed that it was thinning out was clearly bullshit
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Other Sports  Golf