NBA

Postby ORDoubleBlues » Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:08 pm

Slipped my attention in January that Utah's Andrei Kirilenko had only the fifth 5x5 in the history of the NBA, which is getting at least five stats in all the statistical categories (Points, Rebounds, Assists, Steals and Blocks). He achieved this feat against the Lakers in a 90-80 win to the Jazz when he had 14 points, 8 rebounds, 9 assists, 6 steals and 7 blocked shots. A truly amazing all-around performance. For the record Kirilenko has achieved this for 3rd time with the other 2 I think being achieved by Oscar Robertson and Alvin Robertson.
New Jersey Nets are on a bit of a hot streak at the moment and are 3rd in the Eastern Conference with a 39-28 record.
Denver (3rd in West) and Memphis (6th) are surging at the right time of the year and the Sacramento Kings are playing solidly since the acquisition of Ron Artest and are on the cusp of the playoffs.
Detroit (54-13) still well in front in the East and are followed by Miami (45-23) and San Antonio (53-15) and Dallas (53-16) are running neck and neck for top spot in the West.
ORDoubleBlues
League - Top 5

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: Macclesfield

Postby Jimmy » Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:06 am

its getting down to business now...cavs are holding 4th spot in the east by 5 games over the wiz....carn LBJ!!!

they have had a few close ones of late and getting out of it with freaky buzzerbeaters...
Carn the blues!!!!!
Jimmy
Coach

Has liked: 125 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby ORDoubleBlues » Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:18 pm

Thanks for the interest Jimmy. What do you think of the Cav's performances since Silas was fired as coach?
A time for little known players at the moment.
Toronto rookie Villaneuva scored 48 the other night.
Little used Buck Charlie Bell got a triple double in a big 132-110 win over Phoenix.
Good to see Aussie Luke Schensher get a contract with the Bulls for the remainder of the season but that in itself is not as good as it sounds as the Bulls only have 10 games to go (3 10 day contracts). The real issue is whether someone gives him a contract for the 2006-07 season.
I'm glad to see recently acquired Magic centre Darko Milicic is starting to show some of the potential that made him the No.2 pick in the 2003 draft. The kid is still only 20 years old.
ORDoubleBlues
League - Top 5

Postby Blue Boy » Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:42 pm

Hey Jimmy - whats goin on with the knicks - what are they freakin doin
Blue Boy
Veteran

Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby Jimmy » Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:14 pm

ordb, the cavs are just a better side alround, but also have their bad moments...they are just able to win more games, plus LBJ is just a ******* supastar. tonight just now they spanked DALLAS :shock: so they have secured a PO spot, first since 97-98 season

bb, the knicks are a ******* joke. brown cant coach for shit, he keeps changing the lineup and isiah thomas is the worst GM, cant assemble lego blocks that guy...hopeless!!! plus their personnel isnt that great, but not deserving of their record, they have some good rookies but just hope thomas doesnt trade them away, they even unprotected their first pick in the draft to the bulls, so they miss out on the no. 1 overall :roll:

as i type, they are getting blown out by boston lol...

back on the cavs, also mike brown has got them playing some solid D and 4 qtrs of bball, something silas couldnt do...
Carn the blues!!!!!
Jimmy
Coach

Postby duncs7 » Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:26 pm

I freakin miss my foxtel, have no idea whats goin on in the NBA. Sports tonight dont even mention it anymore.
Someone please update me on how the Bucks are lookin and how Bogut is doin?
duncs7
Under 18s

Been liked: 0 time

Postby ORDoubleBlues » Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:34 pm

duncs7 wrote:Someone please update me on how the Bucks are lookin and how Bogut is doin?

Bogut is averaging - 9 Points PG
- 7.1 Rebounds PG
- 1.0 Block PG
In 28 Minutes a night

Not stats that jump out and grab you but Bogut is not your typical No.1 pick in that he has gone to a solid team (Bucks are currently 36-35, 6th in the Eastern Conference) and has to fight for shots with Michael Redd (25 ppg), Maurice Williams, TJ Ford, Bobby Simmons (all averaging double figures), Joe Smith (former No.1 overall pick) and Jamaal Magloire (who was an all star in '04). Pretty sure that the Bucks are quite happy with him.

Interesting that Jimmy mentioned Brown and Isiah Thomas. Got the impression that Thomas would have sold his soul to the devil in the offseason to hire Brown. Also think that Thomas would have gotten great satisfaction at the time from poaching Brown from the Pistons, as his relationship with the Pistons in the year and a bit after he retired deteriorated greatly.
Would highly recommend a book by Armen Keteyian called "Money Players". Would interest people who followed basketball through the Jordan years and at the time of the '95-'96 season in particular. Doesn't paint Isiah in a real great light (amongst others), explains why the Boston Celtics and the wife of the late Reggie Lewis didn't want the real reason for Lewis' death to come out and highlights what a joke the NBA drug policy is. Not a gossip book, the author can back up his arguments with documented fact.
ORDoubleBlues
League - Top 5

Postby ORDoubleBlues » Sun Apr 02, 2006 5:50 pm

Milwaukee Bucks set an NBA record overnight for fewest turnovers in a game when they only committed 2 in their victory.
Another amazing statistical game recently from Kirilenko in a 91-89 loss to the Kings when he had 15 points, 14 rebounds and 10 blocked shots =D>
ORDoubleBlues
League - Top 5

Postby Magpiespower » Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:05 am

Jimmy wrote: joke. brown cant coach for shit, he keeps changing the lineup and isiah thomas is the worst GM, cant assemble lego blocks that guy...hopeless!!! plus their personnel isnt that great, but not deserving of their record, they have some good rookies but just hope thomas doesnt trade them away, they even unprotected their first pick in the draft to the bulls, so they miss out on the no. 1 overall :roll: ...

Larry Brown has taken every team he's been at from nowhere to the playoffs. Hell, this is the man that took the Clippers to the playoffs! That alone says the man can coach.

But maybe even Larry has bit off more than he can chew with this Knicks team - just horrible. 19-52 is about where they're at I reakon.

A backcourt of Francis and Marbury? ROFLMAO!
Magpiespower
Coach

Been liked: 125 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby ORDoubleBlues » Thu May 11, 2006 6:46 pm

Interesting to see the Clippers defeat the Suns 122-97 in Game 2 in Phoenix to level the series 1 all after the breakneck pace of game 1 where the Suns won 130-123 and the Clippers shot 60 percent from the field but still lost :shock:
ORDoubleBlues
League - Top 5

Postby Magpiespower » Fri May 12, 2006 6:45 am

Kobe did the best impression of Superman I've seen for some time against the Suns in the first round.

Still a little pi$$ed off that the Lakers blew a 3-1 lead.

:evil:
Magpiespower
Coach

Postby Jimmy » Fri May 12, 2006 7:22 am

the suns are all class but will get found out against truer teams...the clips i dont think will get past them but dallas or SA will wipe the floor with em

however id like to see dallas and jersey get thru, just for a change... (i cant see my cavs getting a w against wallace et al :()

the cavs-wiz series was the best i have ever seen....just some magical players and plays in that series and the cavs were just good enough altho it could ahve gone either way

LBJ was just brilliant then but against the pistons, he is not getting the support plus their superior defence is too much for the cavs

they need to assemble the right pieces around lbj like the bulls did around jordan...it took MJ a number of years to make his mark in the finals adn LBJ and the cavs are getting there in half the time. lets hope they can repeat that. :D:D
Carn the blues!!!!!
Jimmy
Coach

Postby ORDoubleBlues » Tue May 16, 2006 6:42 pm

Dallas 3 San Antonio 1
Detroit 2 Cleveland 2
ORDoubleBlues
League - Top 5

Postby ORDoubleBlues » Fri May 19, 2006 5:33 pm

Los Angeles Clippers defeated Phoenix 118-106 to level their series at 3 games apiece. Will be a big ask for the Clippers though to win game 7 in Phoenix.
In a bit of a surprise, The Cleveland Cavaliers have edged ahead of Title favourites, the Detroit Pistons 3-2.
ORDoubleBlues
League - Top 5

Postby Magpiespower » Sat May 20, 2006 6:09 pm

Go the Clips!

Never imagined that one day we could have a Nets v Clippers finals series.

Fingers crossed!
Magpiespower
Coach

Postby Jimmy » Wed May 24, 2006 3:23 am

cavs :cry: and spurs out :lol:
Carn the blues!!!!!
Jimmy
Coach

Postby ORDoubleBlues » Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:54 pm

So it's come down to a finals series between the Miami Heat and the Dallas Mavericks.
Avery Johnson has certainly done wonders with the Mavericks this season and if he can guide them to the title he will be a multimillionaire coach for many seasons to come. Not bad for an undrafted player who carved out a respectable career on the back of pure guts and desire to get the most out of himself that he possibly could.
Nowitzki is playing some sensational ball at the moment and I bet if the Mavs take it out the argument once again will be raised about naming the league MVP before the end of the playoffs.
I feel Antoine Walker is playing quite well and could be the X factor for the Heat.
ORDoubleBlues
League - Top 5

Postby Magpiespower » Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:28 am

ORDoubleBlues wrote:Nowitzki is playing some sensational ball at the moment and I bet if the Mavs take it out the argument once again will be raised about naming the league MVP before the end of the playoffs.

Steve Nash back-to-back, eh?

Good point guard but one of the greats, as two MVP trophies would attest?

Not so sure about that.

If anything, reakon the announcement of the NBA awards should be brought forward to the end of the regular season so we don't have to have this kind of debate.

Oh and - go Mavs!
Magpiespower
Coach

Postby dinglinga » Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:45 pm

Oh and - go Mavs!

am i reading this right????

how close is dallas to los angles lol
dinglinga
League - Best 21

Been liked: 0 time

Postby ORDoubleBlues » Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:09 am

Magpiespower wrote:
ORDoubleBlues wrote:Nowitzki is playing some sensational ball at the moment and I bet if the Mavs take it out the argument once again will be raised about naming the league MVP before the end of the playoffs.

Steve Nash back-to-back, eh?

Good point guard but one of the greats, as two MVP trophies would attest?

Not so sure about that.

If anything, reakon the announcement of the NBA awards should be brought forward to the end of the regular season so we don't have to have this kind of debate.

Oh and - go Mavs!

I did actually mean what you said MP in regards that at the moment I think it only goes solely on performance during the regular season, which to me is not right but then thats just my opinion.
ORDoubleBlues
League - Top 5

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Other Sports  Basketball