2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup

Re: 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup

Postby Freo HeaveHo » Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:22 am

Maybe I might be being a bit harsh on the lad but I have seen very little as to why Motum is worthy of an NBA contract
Freo HeaveHo
Reserves

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 14 times

Postby Gozu » Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:35 pm

Freo HeaveHo wrote:Maybe I might be being a bit harsh on the lad but I have seen very little as to why Motum is worthy of an NBA contract

I agree I mean he does have range and he's great at getting open under the basket for his little dinky lay ups but I'd be surprised if he's on the Jazz's roster come the start of the regular season.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 659 times

Postby Gozu » Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:37 pm

Overnight's Round of 16 results:

USA 86 def Mexico 63

France 69 def Croatia 64

Slovenia 71 def Dominican Republic 61

Spain 89 def Senegal 56

Boomers vs Turkey 3:25am Monday morning on ABC
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Postby whufc » Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:14 pm

Gozu wrote:
Freo HeaveHo wrote:Maybe I might be being a bit harsh on the lad but I have seen very little as to why Motum is worthy of an NBA contract

I agree I mean he does have range and he's great at getting open under the basket for his little dinky lay ups but I'd be surprised if he's on the Jazz's roster come the start of the regular season.

I'm not the most knowledgable basketball can but it feels like the nba clubs don't get it to wrong to often and that the top 3 draft picks tend to end up being pretty special. With the millions of dollars they put in to combines, recruting etc they wouldn't want to he it to wrong to often
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Gozu » Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:03 pm

whufc wrote:
Gozu wrote:

I'm not the most knowledgable basketball can but it feels like the nba clubs don't get it to wrong to often and that the top 3 draft picks tend to end up being pretty special. With the millions of dollars they put in to combines, recruting etc they wouldn't want to he it to wrong to often

Are you thinking of Dante Exum mate? He was a Top 5 pick by the Jazz where as Brock Motum went undrafted but did alright on Utah's summer league team so they gave him an invite to training camp and signed him to a non-guaranteed contract.

The jury is still out on Exum though and NBA teams do made mistakes sometimes big ones like Hasheem Thabeet who was just traded to Philadelphia and immediately waived would struggle as an import in the NBL and he was a former #2 pick overall.
Gozu
Coach

Postby Johno6 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:49 am

WOW, very tough loss for Australia.

that hurts
R.I.P Mum 28/02/12

Asterix Users - Squibs
Johno6
Coach

Has liked: 344 times
Been liked: 604 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby Gozu » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:16 pm

Tournament over for the Boomers, Preldzic hit a 3 with 5 seconds to go to give them the 1 point win.

Turkey 65 (Guler 16, Preldzic 16, Arslan 11) def Australia 64 (Baynes 15, Dellavedova 13, Bairstow 10, Ingles 10)

Other Round of 16 results:

Lithuania 76 def New Zealand 71

Serbia 90 def Greece 72

Brazil 85 def Argentina 65

Quarter-Final matchups:

Lithuania vs Turkey
USA vs Slovenia

Serbia vs Brazil
France vs Spain
Gozu
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:00 am

Boomers being investigated for tanking
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby Pup » Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:50 am

Gozu wrote:
whufc wrote:
Gozu wrote:

Are you thinking of Dante Exum mate? He was a Top 5 pick by the Jazz where as Brock Motum went undrafted but did alright on Utah's summer league team so they gave him an invite to training camp and signed him to a non-guaranteed contract.

The jury is still out on Exum though and NBA teams do made mistakes sometimes big ones like Hasheem Thabeet who was just traded to Philadelphia and immediately waived would struggle as an import in the NBL and he was a former #2 pick overall.

I think people are just being slightly impatient with Dante. He is a project player, a future combo guard who at this stage is very very inexperienced and young (only just 19) and with no college ball experience expect a lot of development time.
You sunk my Scrabbleship
Pup
Veteran

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 12 times

Postby Johno6 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:03 am

IMO Exum went to the nba a year or two too early.

I have seen nothing from him that says top 5 draft pick, was very surprised he went that high.

I hope he comes out and does well, but wouldn't be surprised if he just ends up as a back up PG
R.I.P Mum 28/02/12

Asterix Users - Squibs
Johno6
Coach

Postby Grahaml » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:12 am

Johno6 wrote:IMO Exum went to the nba a year or two too early.

I have seen nothing from him that says top 5 draft pick, was very surprised he went that high.

I hope he comes out and does well, but wouldn't be surprised if he just ends up as a back up PG

Play college for a year or two for peanuts instead of the millions the NBA pays? His rookie contract will expire at a younger age too and then he'll earn what he deserves which should be higher if he turns out to be the player they expect him to be. Plus the fact his improvement will be greater spending that year or two in the NBA.
Grahaml
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 169 times

Postby bennymacca » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:36 am

yeah, even if he doesnt get game time for a couple of years it is still probably worth it.

do they do loan deals in the NBA?
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Johno6 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:35 pm

Grahaml wrote:
Johno6 wrote:IMO Exum went to the nba a year or two too early.

Play college for a year or two for peanuts instead of the millions the NBA pays? His rookie contract will expire at a younger age too and then he'll earn what he deserves which should be higher if he turns out to be the player they expect him to be. Plus the fact his improvement will be greater spending that year or two in the NBA.

OBVIOUSLY if he had the option of nba or college he takes nba for OBVIOUS reasons

all im saying is to be a star in the nba I think he needed a year or two in college first to get better
R.I.P Mum 28/02/12

Asterix Users - Squibs
Johno6
Coach

Postby Johno6 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:48 pm

I apologise for being un-Australian but I just think exum is over rated

I really really really hope he proves me wrong and dominates,
would be very happy to be proven wrong.
R.I.P Mum 28/02/12

Asterix Users - Squibs
Johno6
Coach

Postby jakovasaurus » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:58 pm

lol
jakovasaurus
Under 18s

Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 130 times

Postby Gozu » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:20 pm

Even though I don't think Exum is anywhere near ready I think he did the right thing in taking the money. If an NBA team is willing to throw millions at you you take it and worry about 'developing' later. There was always the risk if Exum had have gone to college he might've gotten injured or not come on like people had thought and might've ended up only being a late 1st Rd pick or possibly even a second round pick.
Gozu
Coach

Postby Gozu » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:22 pm

Quarter-Final results from overnight:

Lithuania 73 def Turkey 61

USA 119 def Slovenia 76
Gozu
Coach

Postby Johno6 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:14 am

couple of upsets last night
crazy results.

needs to be an investigation!!!
R.I.P Mum 28/02/12

Asterix Users - Squibs
Johno6
Coach

Postby Pup » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:19 am

You can't stop Boris! haha

Huge upset for Spain with a full squad at home.
You sunk my Scrabbleship
Pup
Veteran

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 12 times

Postby Gozu » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:25 pm

Yeah crazy QF results!

Serbia 84 def Brazil 56

France 65 def Spain 52

Semi-Finals matchups:

USA vs Lithuania

France vs Serbia
Gozu
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Other Sports  Basketball