NCAA

NCAA

Postby FattyLumpkin » Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:53 pm

Anyone interested??

Early days yet but Kentucky dominating the early season predictions/rankings (again). The TarHeels seem to be back in the mix. Villanova impressive early and towled up my VCU Rams. Bob Huggins has his West Virginia side off to a 5-0 start. Teams from outside the top 25 that could improve include Oklahoma & Georgetown.

Look forward to any opinions/observations.
With your hands on your head, or the trigger of your gun
FattyLumpkin
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Ports

Re: NCAA

Postby beef » Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:29 pm

Just got back from the states and all the talk is Kentucky going undefeated, few people saying they'd beat the 76ers. Don't think they would but intersted to see if they are as dominant as they are predicting. Hopefully not. As long as UNC beat Duke I'll be happy.
beef
League - Best 21

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 253 times

Postby FattyLumpkin » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:01 am

New rankings out with surprise, surprise - Kentucky at No 1. UNC with 1 loss drop out of the top 10. My VCU after 2 losses drop out of top 25. Kentucky have no 6 Texas next (a lucky Texas who only won their last game via a Hail Mary), the UNC on Dec 13 (both at home). Then Louisville away on Dec 27. A side note re Louisville - I notice that Kevin Ware, "famous" for breaking his leg in the 13-14 Final 4 game, has transferred out of Louisville. I hope he gets back to his best.

As for UNC, in addition to No 1 Kentucky, the ACC has 3 in the top 10, and you play Duke & Louisville twice! Best of Luck!

Still early days - conference play starts later this month - but West Virginia still remains the biggest surprise in my opinion. Also a bit "shocked" to see Wichita & Gonzaga around the top 10.

Big game this week is Duke Vs Wisconsin (4 Vs 2). Don't see these types of games much early in the season, but as much as it irks me, I'm tipping Duke (now I'll have to take a long shower to cleanse myself). Tipping 2 upsets - The Fighting Illini (24) to beat Miami (15) away & the unranked Syracuse to beat no 17 Michigan. Time will tell!
FattyLumpkin
League Bench Warmer

Postby FattyLumpkin » Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:44 pm

1 out 3 in my tips. Only Duke got up, although it took the last shot of the game for Michigan to win.

Bad news for you beef, NC beaten by Iowa - a Iowa who shot poorly but still won. Maybe your not "back"!
FattyLumpkin
League Bench Warmer

Postby DOC » Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:24 pm

Peter Hooley hit a three with 1.6 sec to go for Albany to beat Stony Brook and advance to the finals. They have drawn Oaklahoma. Tough gig.

Peter is from Hahndorf and played here for Eastern and Norwood. Peter is the son of Jeff and Sue (Aish). Sue passed away in January after a four year battle with cancer. Tough times for him and his twin sister Emma and DAD Jeff, former team manager at Norwood. God luck Peter!
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby beef » Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:12 pm

Kentucky lose to Wisconsin at final four. Hopefully Wisconsin beat duke in the championship match.
beef
League - Best 21

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 253 times

Board index   Other Sports  Other Sports  Basketball